Skip to content
Frustration
tnmist posted:
I will not eat late at night!
I will not stay up until all hours of the early morning!!! Arrrrgh.
I will not despair over finances.
I will not give up on myself.

I will see my PCP this Friday and ask for that Rx for depression. SIGH.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Misty,
I'm here for you, WE are here for you.
Sometimes, honeybunch, we have to give in before we give up. You don't want to let life's trivial crap get to you so badly that you give up on your healthy plan. If it's necessary to use some pharmaceuticals, so be it.
I'm wandering around doing late night household chores trying to figure out if I'm hungry... I could be, we ate earlier than usual, but I don't really FEEL like I am. You know what I mean? My tummy says no, my brain keeps trying to say yes....lol..... So I stood in the kitchen and really thought about it. Am I hungry? I poured water instead. I think it's thirst. I'll try that first. If I still think I'm missing something, I'll go to the cottage cheese or another low cal pumpkin smoothie.
Try water when you crave something. If it's not hunger the water will fill the void. If it IS hunger, try something small, low cal, high protein. DO NOT have carbs or sweets, they will only make you hungrier.
We'll make it through this one... and all others
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
I hear you Misty. It's almost 1am and I am wide awake, hungry, and so tired of weighing too much with very little progress.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.4. GW 165

blondie454u responded:
Maybe this like will help you guys:

http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2011/02/50-natural-antidepressants-to-beat-the-winter-blues/
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
Good link, Amber. I just read it and can't remember if music was on there or not, LOL! Anyway, music works really well for me when I'm stressed or feeling down, especially ancient music from my teenage years. That seems to take me back to a more carefree time.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jean4u responded:
Misty, All I can say is I was troubled by all the things you just mentioned. I hope you can get some relief on "things".

For me, the "biggie" was the financial black hole. When that one picked up gradually, then I could face the others.

You take care and stay strong!

Barb

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Me too Debbie I love the golden oldies My hubby is fond of easy listening we differ on a few things so we compromise.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

tnmist replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks, everyone. Just a bad week.
Misty
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

tnmist replied to jis4judy's response:
Just wanted to "report" that I did see my PCP today, and I have a script for Wellbutrin now for depression. I used to take it for years, but I've been off of it for about a year. It wasn't doing much good towards the end, but I'm hoping since it's been about a year that it will work okay for me now. My insurance requires me to use mail order, so I won't have it immediately, but that's okay, too. I've tried many different antidepressants over the years, and that one worked the longest. Oh, and I'm going to keep using some natural type stuff, too. I told myself I have to be more consistent with it. DOH.

Wasn't on track that great this week, but I did an hour of mowing yesterday and 2-1/2 hours of mowing today. I took a 10-minute break when my mower ran out of gas, ha. I put a cold, wet dish towel on my neck, and drank a bunch more water, then I re-filled the mower and kept going. It wouldn't take so long, but my old mower has a few issues. It's okay for now. I just tell myself it's good exercise.

My back is killing me now, but it will be fine by the morning. I'm just moving slowly for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I want to commit to walking my dog for 30 minutes.

Oh, and I finally bought some asparagus! I will plan on roasting/grilling those tomorrow.

All my lab work, chest x-ray, and EKG came back okay. I'm just going to focus on food and exercise and keep plugging away. I wouldn't even let the nurse weigh me this morning. I just didn't want to know. Sigh.

That's enough jabbering. Ya'll have a great weekend!

Thanks for listening.
Misty

totallywiggedout replied to tnmist's response:
Misty, it's great that your lab stuff came back good. Knowing that you have a good "base" on which to build your new improved self on shoul be excellant encouragement. Noone wants to build a new house on a crumbling foundation, right? So now you know, you are "good to go".
I also bought asparagus today and am roasting tomorrow. I'm the main cook and bottle washer in this house, and I just don't feel like it tonight. I'm not cooking, period. I already asked Alex to please take Monica out to dinner, Cody is working and my bf is out of town for his job.
LOL, man, I love to cook. Really love it, but sometimes ... I just get to a point that I think that if I have to pick up a fry pan everybody better duck
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
LOL. Kim, you are funny...You know, I was just looking over the lab work, and, first of all, he was supposed to order some labs on the 'ole hormones (estrogen, etc.), which I don't see, and, second of all, I don't see any labs regarding cholesterol. That's very odd! Who does yearly lab work and doesn't run the cholesterol ones? Especially in America!

This is one reason I don't care for this dude. I've already told myself to start hunting for another PCP now so that I will have one in place by the time I need more blood work. So aggravating. I know those numbers can't be good, and I'll work on it anyway, but I'm still curious about a baseline. Oh, well.
Misty

Misty, that's true. The cholesterol check is ALWAYS on bloodwork esp with heavier people. Hmmmm. Yep sounds like he's missing the boat on some of the important stuff.
Glad you have another one in mind. It may just come to that.
Just continue to eat well. Have your heart healthy snacks like walnuts and almonds and better oil choices and you should be ok until your next blood run up.
huggs
k

tnmist replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I have a couple of names in mind, I guess.

I don't remember where I mentioned that I would walk the dog today, but I did. We walked 30 mins, and I forgot my cane, but I did okay.
Misty

rachael2011 replied to tnmist's response:
Great that you got to walk your pooch today. I bet he/she(?) really enjoyed it! Does your dog listen on the leash? I know I should take mine out, but she pulls and pulls. She listens real well inside, but get her out and her "inner-crazy" takes over. Her pulling actually hurts my knees when I try to walk and I am half afraid to fall. Luckily our yard is fenced in.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 298.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Hey, 30 min without the cane. That's pretty awsome. It's not every time I hope especially if you need it for support, but sometimes would be ok. It would help you keep your "core" , torso muscles tighter since you don't have the cane with you.
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of 3 ages 22, boy 21, girl and 12 girl.. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am hoping to lose weight so that I can be off these...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.