Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
keep on going!
jessicapolnick posted:
just wanted to throw in here that i'm steadily losing weight finally!!! after hitting my first platue i got dissapointed & distracted! but now i'm 25 pounds down and the last few weeks it has been steady. i'm hating cardio but i'm doing it. my biggest observation is to always tighten muscles & posture straight to keep my body working all day long! i was wondering though, I lift a small 7 LB kettlebell everyday at work plus workout 5 days a week half 65% cardio the rest in resistance weight training. does any one know if lifteing the 7LB weight everyday is bad. I have ready with heavier weights you should left muscles rest but with just 7LBs I'm not feeling sore, any opinions? I wish i had a site to just blog all my hunger feelings & excitment & the hard parts. typing helps take my mind of things & keep me focused on my weight loss goal ONLY 40 LBS to go. i'm so happy i'm finally starting to see myself slimming down. also has anyone gone from 240 ish pounds down to 160 ish (plus having a child) i'm wondering about the sag of skin i have on my belly if it will flatten out or always be there? thanks everyone!

totallywiggedout responded:
Jessica,
Working with low weights isn't bad as long as you don't overdo it. The only thing that I'd watch out for with lifting the same item repetitively , is carpal tunnel. If you start to feel twinges in your palm, wrist or elbow, stop lifting for at least a week or so and start taking an anti inflammatory like Tylenol to reduce the tendon swelling. WATCH that closely. Don't work it so much that you have to get surgery.
It really is best to work with different sorts of weights, different angles, different resistances and different ways to use your hands with them. It's the "gripping" of weights that causes most damage.
You could start a site for your own blog.....
After my first child, with a hip to hip c section, I weighed around 180 and dropped back to 132 over a 2 year period. At 24 my skin was young enough that I didn't have loose skin at all, except for my belly overhang because of the c.
I was super active though. I used to "bar hop" which meant A LOT of dancing , lol plus at that time I was a waitress which puts in a bunch of miles every night.
I think as long as you stay active, and since you are so young, you have a really good chance of your skin "snapping back" into place for the most part. You are doing the right stuff to stay toned so I'm betting you won't have much of a skin problem.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.2 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Kim's given you some great advice so congrats on your journey!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Congratulations on your success! Everyone's skin is a bit different, but Kim is right, the younger you are the more likely it is to tighten up.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.