Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
some good advice from an article
jis4judy posted:
Be your own advocate. If you have a dream, you must be its primary cheerleader. While the support of others is helpful, appreciated, and sought after, you must first believe in your goal and then encourage others to follow.

If you're feeling apprehensive or unsure of your strengths and capabilities, then others will feed off of your negative self-thought. Do what you can to reassure yourself that you are talented, worthy, and have something of value to create and share. Once you believe this, you'll do more than convince others of your dream, you'll be able to help family, friends, and peers recognize the same heart and strength in themselves. Encourage yourself and feed others with your positive spirit and energy. Because everyone has greatness within them, but first they must believe.
— Les Brown
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Judy. I really like Les Brown's motivation articles. One of his phrases also:"If you're tired of geting what you're getting, you got to change what you are doing"". (paraphrase)

One that I recently read from Tony Robbins: "Stay committed to your decision but stay flexible in your approach."

Good stuff!

Barb

jean4u responded:
Judy, just one more.

A Hero is an individual who finds strength to perservere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.

Christopher Reeve (reading that it was Christopher Reeve who wrote this made it even more powerful and meaningful to me.....WOW)

Barb

jean4u replied to jean4u's response:
I meant to add to this......we got to be our own HERO when the journey gets tough.

Barb

totallywiggedout responded:
Thanks Judy and Barb. Very inspirational quotes. Certainly food for thought.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am a 27 year old mom of 3.. hoping to be of 4.. and have always been a little on the chunky side all my life, but as I was finishing junior h...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.