Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My First 5K
blondie454u posted:

This isn't all the pics. My mom has more to upload. This is my co-worker who I have been training to run with.

Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber,
Nice pics! I just love your smile
How did it go? Looks sorta overcast there, did it rain? What was the temperature that day for you?
Did everyone who ran, make it all the way?
LOL
I'M DYING HERE FOR INFORMATION!!!!
I'm sure you had a good time, but I'll go ahead and say, I hope you did.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I didn't rain. It started to sprinkle after the race but it stopped. It was around 60. Far as I know everyone made it ok. I ran 10.31minute miles. I finished in 34.17 minutes. My friend finished in 43.22 at 12.47 miles. He won 3rd place for his age group and I won 3rd place in my age group. I am older than he is.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Good Job and nice photos love your smile
you made good time congrats on 3 place in your age group
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to blondie454u's response:
Woohoo Amber! Look at you girl! It's hard to believe you were ever at your starting weight! You must be so proud and a great example for your kids.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.4. GW 165

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Good job Amber! So happy for you. Your lifestyle is completely different from before. Awesome, you go girl! You are an inspiration to me. I will be happy to walk 3 miles, much less run them one day!

Doing the happy dance, with my feet anyway.
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
You look so darn cute Amber!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
You guys made good time, Amber, congrats to you and your coworker.
Amber, can your dimples GET any deeper???! OMG you've got a cute smile!
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
WTG!!!!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Congratulations Amber! That was great time too! Any advice for my first 5K on Sat.? I'm excited, but a bit nervous too!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie.... It's coming! Do you feel it??? THE RACE!!!!! THE NEXT BIG STEP!!!
I'm so looking forward to your accomplishing it with gusto.
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie
do your best and that should be good enough no worries
My hubby and son ran in a 6 K a long time ago and my son did well got his picture on the front page of our town newspaper
My hubby was slow even then long after the race seemed to be over I was waiting there he was all alone coming in dead last . I was relieved to see him even last was a victory for him .. he had the excuse he worked the night shift the night before But he is really rather slow anyway slow twitch muscles or something he has great endurance though .

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim and Judy! I'm excited. It's for dogs too called See Spot Run. I'm taking a picture of Li Abner along with me. He sure walked many a mile with me so he gets to go along in my heart.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
That is sweet Debbie having Lil abner in your heart as you run should help to keep you calm

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am happy to find this group! Over the last 10 years, I have allowed the pounds to creep up slowly. Now I find myself 57 pounds overweight! I...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.