Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shocked
mishabl posted:
I hope everyone is having a great wednesday ! Last night for the first time I saw the error of my ways... I've been eating at least 4000 calories above my suggested calorie consumption. But it's okay, I'm determined to keep a thankful and positive attitude through this journey. So today, I'm thankful for my eyes being opened to all I've been eating. And you are all right, for now, I'm going to put exercise out of my mind and focus first of all on getting my portion size and calorie count down... slowly. Lot's of love to you all, and may your journeys today be sweet.
I'm Margie, SW 265
Constant change, not instant perfection.
TODAY will be different from YESTERDAY :)

Meeralee responded:
So happy to see your upbeat attitude, isn't it amazing how we don't see how many calories we are consuming each day. the journaling will greatly aide us. have a happy day!

abnersmom responded:
We're behind you all the way, Margie and Meeralee!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Margie
Yes that's why we usually recommend that you change nothing before you find out what you are taking in , I was very surprised at how much I had been eating too ...I thought I ate very little until I logged it LOl
You can start by removing some very high calorie items from your plan ... when you are aware that's when you can find out what is not helping your body ...and make changes
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
It's great to see the error of your ways so you can make a better you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
LOL, was that 4k above, every day or weekly?
Whichever, yep, that'd do it
We have to cut or exercise away 3200 calories to lose a pound. So I'd say it's a good thing that you finally got into tallying up your totals, and none too soon.

I was one to focus on food and serving sizes first too. For me, it worked. I didn't actually start daily exercising until my second month. Most of us choose walking , some jog or run, but walking is a good all around starter for exercise.

Margie, you are actually our Second Missionary here in our community. Marybeth is also one. She's in Guatamala. Although we haven't heard much from her for the last few months, she's with us in our hearts and thoughts.

If you need ideas or advise on ways to prepare foods or figuring some substitutions for the foods you normally eat, let us know. We share ideas like this all the time and we all learn from them.

Hope your Wednesday was good too.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mishabl replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Wow, thanks so much Kim !!
I'm Margie, SW 265
Constant change, not instant perfection.
TODAY will be different from YESTERDAY :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.