Sooooo Today, I made Paleo ICECREAM
totallywiggedout posted:
I've been threatening to do this for awhile now. Finally got around to buying not my usual 1 big bunch of bananas, but ... 3

Peeled, broke in half and gallon ziplocked 2 med bunches of small/med sized ones. Then tossed them into the freezer till solid as rocks

I figured chunky monkey was an ok idea and Monica just about purred at me when I suggested the idea, lol

I did mine in a food processor, but I'm sure a blender or a majic bullet would work, just make smaller batches. I have a 12 cup and it took 3 batches to do it all without stressing my machine.

Frozen bananas, some Almond milk to help it get creamy, walnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes and some carob covered raisins because it sounded good, lol

Do the bananas and the milk first , get it really creamy, then mix in your crushed walnuts and whatever else.
Mine made 2 quarts of icecream, which I then just scooped out of the mixer and refroze in containers.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mishabl responded:
Wow, that sounds GOOD !
I'm Margie, SW 265
Constant change, not instant perfection.
TODAY will be different from YESTERDAY :)

rohvannyn responded:
Sounds good! Fairly nutrient dense, too. And nice for a hot day.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rachael2011 responded:
Yum!! I soo need a blender.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 298.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
me too Rachael I tossed my old blender and have a hand held immersion blender. I have seen some really nice ones in stores not too expensive either .. I might get one ..
because the banana ice cream sounds really good ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
I have a question about frozen bananas. I froze some but as they thawed out a bit they just turned into this unappetizing liquid. Whoa! Where did the banana go?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.4. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,
I looked it up. Very ripe bananas (which are the ones most of us freeze) have a lot more moisture than the fresher/slightly greener ones.
Either mash, add a bit of lemon juice to retain good color, then freeze in ziplocks or storage containers , Peel them and freeze wrapped in saran wrap, OR freeze whole with peel still on them, thaw at room temp for about 10 min then cut off tops and squeeze out like toothpaste.
If you are doing a recipe which calls for x amount of banana, like banana bread, then thaw your banana in a small collander over a bowl to reserve the liquid and the pulp, which then, must BOTH go into the recipe to add up to proper amount. If you want a more condensed banana flavor in something and want it thicker, then either throw out the liquid or save in fridge for something like smoothies or banana flavored icecubes for your water.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
also KIm and Kathy if you leave them in the freezer too long they turn black It is good to use them within a couple of months after freezing ..Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Is that what you call "Fake" ice cream? I decided to go with yogurt instead of ice cream. It helped. When I get a craving for ice cream, I break out the yogurt. Do you know they have cheesecake yogurt for 90 calories. ha ha ha ha! Well, I don't eat ice cream any more, it finally got out of my system. Am I losing cause the ice cream is out of my diet? Noooooo! So what the heck is the deal anyway?
Sorry, I just had to blow off. I am frustrated.

rohvannyn replied to ausgram's response:
I've learned the hard way that eating better foods doesn't necessarily make you lose weight unless you lower your total calorie input. With the exception of going Paleo, when I have sometimes eaten more calorically dense foods (fat and protein) without gaining weight, this is usually true.

Regarding the bananas, I usually peel them and chunk them up, then put them in bags or old yogurt containers, otherwise they mush up and are too hard to handle.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Yes, Aussie, it's fake, lol. And yes at this time, it still only tastes like bananas , with walnuts, and carob chips... but I'm working on it, lol

I'm thinking chunky peanut butter and a swirl of ff choc syrup mixed in wouldn't be bad, but I have noticed it hardens right up again, like the frozen bananas, so it really is better to eat it while creamy right after mixing it up.

PLUS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LADY??????
happy that you finally found your way back to us
huggs
k

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yeah, I been around. I show up now and then. Enough to rattle everyone cage. ha ha ha! I have had a cough for months from taking one of my blood pressure pills. My one friend had the same thing happen to her and guess what, she lost 12 lbs coughing. Now thats just not right!! I never lost anything. Humph!
Peanut butter, gulp, I can barely stand the smell, let alone eat it.