Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Still haning in there
ausgram posted:
Howdy everyone! I been absent for a while. I was so sick and I'm still coughing but guess I will live. I'm having a hard time with this scale of mine. I think it is broken. It never moves. Ha. At least the weather is starting to get nice enough to work outside. I got my garden planted. Its not near as big as I use to have it. This strep throat I had left me lacking in energy. And of course stop to cough every little bit. I've been coming and reading you alls posts and it keeps me on track. Judy Barb Kim Cheryl thank you for sticking in there. I need you all.

j9celeste responded:
Good morning! I'm so sorry you've been sick...it does suck the energy right out when we're sick. I'm glad that I have a scale that reads tenth pounds so even a .1 loss I'm glad
xoxo
Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 257 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
Oh aus so sad that you have been so sick I hate being sick
it takes the energy right out of us ...all you can do is eat as healthy as you can and get some rest ...
lots of fluids too healthy ones of course
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Aus, I missed you. I sure hope this strep isn't going into your lungs to bronchitis. Just be careful of that ok?
I'm glad that you got in your garden. Even a smaller one will yield enough for you to get some decent goodies without having to pay the high market prices. Every little bit helps.
What did you plant, btw? Go on ahead, make my mouth water. Barb, Debbie and Judy made me cry for cherries last week so you can't hurt me by waving a fresh carrot or two.....
I have the same troubles with my stupid scale quite often. Beligerant suckers anyways. You'd figure that someone could develop a more personable scale, one that ALWAYS tells you what you want to hear would be nice.....
Glad you are still with us
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Welcome back, AusGram! Sorry you've been sick. Take care and hopefully getting out in the fresh air will help get your energy back.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yeh, I won't stay gone for long periods of time. I keep coming back here. Thank you for your concern.
I planted beets, for the beet greens, we don't much like the big bulb on it but love the greens. Also planted carrots, thats what I will wave under your nose Kim. ha ha ha. Also got lettuce, beans, peas, spinach and this is the 3rd year for my rubarb, so I will get to harvet that this year and put it in cottage cheese. Ever done that? I boil the rubarb down along with a few strawberries then put some in a small bowl of cottage cheese.
Hows that for a nice snack?

blondie454u replied to ausgram's response:
I'm so jealous! I want to garden so bad. It's my own fault that I don't. I just keep making up excuses! Yes I do that sometimes especially when it comes to time because gardening takes time.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Oh AusGram
I love beet greens I didn;t plant any this year though . I did plant some corn butternut squash and will plant some climbing beans to climb up the corn stalks tomatoes will be planted next .
that's all for this year maybe something different next year
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.