Skip to content
Run Debbie Run
totallywiggedout posted:
any news from Debbie today about her first 5k??? I didn't see anything here, did she post on fb , twitter or anywhere?
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Hi Kim, Thanks for thinking of me. I did post to FB because I can do it from my phone, but never had a chance to get on here yesterday. I did it. It took me 40 mins., but I wasn't last and I ran the whole way which was my goal. It was so humid and the race didn't start until 9am. Great feeling to finish!

I can't get the picture to post here right now, but I'll work on that.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie
the easiest way to put a photo is to open the photo on facebook Don't copy it from news feed open it first then copy and then paste into a message box here.
congrats on your run awesome stuff
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Not bad time, esp. when it's humid as breathing is so much harder when it is.
Glad that you reached the finish line, although I never doubted for a second that you wouldn't barring catastrophe. You and Amber... such good role models for all of us. Keep up the good work guys, after all, what's next but a .... 10k!

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:

Thanks Kim and Judy! It was a great experience. Had some friends who finished before me and waited for me to cross the finish line. It was awesome to have the support just as it is here on this board.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Oh Gosh Debbie you look like a young woman in that picture not a day over 30 You have the runners glow
awesome job kiddo Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

I was gonna say, like Judy, I think you look fantastic! You really have got great color in your skin, you know, after losing a bunch of weight, a lot of ppl tend to get super pale and drawn looking. None of you guys have though. Judy, Amber, Pi, Mommaxelli, YOU ...all look just so HEALTHY and HAPPY.
I want that. That's what I'm striving for. To not only reach goal but look good and be healthy. Doing it right, eating well, exercising..... IT WORKS! You guys are all living proof of it.
huggs
k

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Awesome picture Debbie. And congratulations. wow, running a 5K oh my goodness. I couldn't run 5 blocks, let alone 5K. Whats that anyway? 5 thousand miles? No wonder you made it, you look so thin and healthy. WOW!!!

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
That is so sweet of you to say Judy, Kim And Ausgram. Thanks. The race results were emailed to me this morning and lo and behold, I was 3rd out of 6 in my age group; 105th out of 181 total. I'm actually thrilled with that. I'd like to strive for 1st in my age group next year, but I go up a group and there is this lady in the next age group that Is a fantastic runner. She's been running her whole life, is super thin, etc. Oh well, maybe I'll find a different race if she'll be in this one again. LOL. Okay, I'm done with race talk, but if I can go from 265 lbs. in June 2011 to 150 in May 2013 and have completed a 5k, Ladies and gents, anyone can. You just have to put in the work, which for me was controlling the food first and then focusing on exercise. We all know it's hard, but OMG so life-changing!

I just love your attitude.... just gonna SQUEEEEEEZE you in a big hug this am.
Grats on the stats!
huggs
k

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
That is really good time Debbie! I am so proud of you. And I am a little jealous of your speedy weight loss. Any secrets to losing so much in a year?

I've just figured out a way to count most of my steps daily and my average is about 11,000 steps per day. That is twice as much as I thought I was doing.

I usually walk a mile to as much as two and a half miles most days right now. I usually split up the 2.5 miles into a mile walk and a mile and a half walk. I have only jogged a half mile once this year interspersed with walking a half mile. My first goal is to walk 3 miles, or run a half mile by the end of the year/summer.

I have not figured out how to log food because I have so frequent eating times each day and so many different foods at each meal and snack, i.e. a couple nuts, couple raisins, couple blueberries, piece of broccoli, cup of milk, half cup of cooked spinach, bit of chicken breast, bit of brown rice, bit of black bean, peppers, and shredded cheese on half an organic tortilla, one cookie or several, dab of butter on toast, dab of jam on toast, bit of lemon in tea, bit of honey, half a banana varying size, 4 plus crackers, oz of dark chocolate, teaspoon of peanut butter, three types of cereal plus oatmeal, flax and cinnamon mixed together, 2 oz of kool aid, greek yogurt with 7 frozen cherries and touch of honey, teaspoon of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, salsa on an egg, cup of kale, etc., etc., etc, etc. It is annoying. Any advice for logging so much stuff? I never seem to eat simple or infrequent. I regularly have breakfast at 8, and last snack between 7 and 11 pm depending on how much difficulty I have getting to sleep in post menopause.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

j9celeste replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura

I use the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner. It might be a pain at first, but you can add foods as "frequent" then you'll just have to go to your list and check off what you eat. And if what you eat isn't on the list, you can quickly add it and mark it as "frequent". You can also change the serving size easily to account for you "bits" and "couples" Great job counting your steps!
xoxo
Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! Your body will take care of you if you take care of it so keep working and it will pay off! You're doing and looking great!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Congrats Debbie! I agree with everyone else you look so young and you're beautiful! Your body is rewarding you for all your efforts! How does it feel? I know sometime for me I still can't believe I have accomplished so much and other times I have get the big head lol
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 15 years old and currently 190 lbs. I am 5 feet 2 inches and I know that in order for me to be in a healthy weight range I have to lose 60 pounds...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.