Skip to content
sharing someing pretty
jis4judy posted:
these wisteria bloom once in a while this is the first time I captured them in my camera
hugs Judy:)

SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
I love wisteria, Judy. You are very lucky to have some growing near your home.
Favorite floral scents.... Wisteria, night blooming jasmine, lilac, peony, honeysuckle, raspberry flowers, cottage roses.... very few things in life can compete with scents to enlighten your mood.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Lol KIm we used to have lilacs too But hubby cut them down because they were in the way when he painted the house
he cut the wisteria down too but they came back with bonus flowers LOL the lilacs didn;t survive the severe trimming
that is my house in back of the wisteria...I just love floering plants sometimes even the weeds are pretty
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Beautiful Judy!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

ausgram responded:
Hmmm, never saw them before. Do they smell like lilacs? They are beautiful. We are limited to what we grow out here on the plains. Lilacs are one we can grow, take a look. Hope my picture posts.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
This is a nice lilac bush Aus. Lots of flowers on a compact mound. Do you trim yours?
I just about killed the big one I had in Michigan. I overpruned the "Old Growth" branches which is a MAJOR no no. It didn't flower for 3 seasons after that pruning. I thought I'd killed it. Then I read that lilacs ONLY grow on their old growth branches. So if you want to trim, you have to take out the newer sucker branches and leave the big limbs alone.
It finally came back with a bang on the 4th year post pruning and I Definitely learned my lesson. I pruned very selectively after that.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
There's a bush down here that LOOKS like lilacs but has no scent whatsoever. I've found that alot of the prettier bushes and plants down here are more for looks than smelling good. I'm very thankful for the wild raspberries and honeysuckle that are "weeds" , otherwise I don't think there'd be anything worth smelling down here.
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh, and wisteria.... that's down here too, but it too is considered an overgrowth viney weed. lol
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

05/26/14 starting weight - 230.8 05/29/14- 226.0 06/02/14-

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.