Skip to content
this is an interesting and scary
jis4judy posted:
http://dreamhealer.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/processed-meats-declared-too-dangerous-for-human-consumption/

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Very interesting, but when I got to the bottom ads, I got a little curious so I googled the actual article they are citing. http://www.wcrf-uk.org/cancer_prevention/recommendations/meat_and_cancer.php
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
And just to think my husband was talking about him and the kids getting hot dogs. I will have to find some that doesn't have crap in them.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

j9celeste replied to blondie454u's response:
My husband and I only buy the "Hebrew National" beef hot dogs since their kosher and have strict guidelines. We don't eat pork so this was a good choice. Lunch meat, which makes for ease of sandwiches, etc, has nitrates in it so we don't buy that either. But I learn new things every day and so appreciate everybody's input and help with this. The GMO's are pretty scary too. Time to grow a garden (kind of hard in northern Minnesota) and raise my own animals!
xoxo
Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

rohvannyn replied to j9celeste's response:
Was going to get Hebrew National hot dogs, but looked at them and they still had all kinds of junk, such as corn syrup in them. I only have a hot dog once in a blue moon. I've found that eating "clean" makes me hypersensitive to things if I go off plan, so I have to be careful.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi When I was younger I used to get morrison and shifs Not sure of the spelling and they had the best ingredients on hot dogs But it is better to not have them often anyway
they used to have them individually wrapped inside //
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 300 pounds and I am just starting my weight loss journey. I am setting a 3 month goal of losing 24 pounds through eating less calories ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.