Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
An invitation to my Pity Party
mog1026 posted:
Boy am I feeling sorry for myself. I'm just frustrated to tears. My knees aren't any better and the meds I've tried make me so nauseous etc. that I'm miserable. Had to stop those. And my weight loss has slowed to zip. I've only lost a pound in 3 weeks while I truly have eaten like a saint, a hungry saint. My DH keeps congratulating me on how I haven't given up but big whup. It's not working. And it's hot. Did I mention that I hate the heat? And I have 3 hives today which iis not a good sign because last summer I was covered in them for a month and went mad with the itching. I can't be positive or uplifting or perky because I've devolved into a day long tantrum. Pollyanna is not at home today.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.2. GW 165
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rohvannyn responded:
  • Coming in the door of the pity party and flumping down on the couch*

I could use a good pity party right now! It's pretty hard to be cheerful with so much crap on your plate, isn't it? It may not seem like it but staying on plan is a victory, and hey, even if you have only lost a pound, you didn't GAIN any! I can't imagine beeing cheerful if my stomach were acting up. And I'm sorry to hear about your knees too. Go ahead, have your tantrum... it's good for ya. And ITCHY hives? Blergh! I'd rather deal with pain than itching, honestly. Hope everything gets better for you.
    Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y
  •  
    jis4judy responded:
    Hi Kathy I hate hives I took a medicine and it turned out I was allergic to it and my whole body inside and out was hives the palms of my hands the bottoms of my feet even inside my mouth and in my eyes inside the lids ...The itching was so bad I was about to cut off my hands but common sense prevailed .
    heat is nasty I hope you soon get relief
    Hugs Judy:)
    SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
    life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
    So glad you ladies could come. Get comfy and have some cut up veggies and no-cal dip that's mostly air and whatever pollen is floating around here today. Our signature cocktail is tap water imported from our very own lightening struck 200 foot deep well, and chilled to perfection. It won't be long before the entertainment starts which will be provided by me, direct from a sold-out engagement at multiple doctor's offices, and which guarantees to be a fun-filled evening of kvetching, whining, moaning and scratching, of course, all to the music of whatever mindless television show is on tonight. It's great to see ya' and I hope you'll get on your cells and invite a friend to join us too. There's always room for one more.
    Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.2. GW 165

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
    Wow, you throw way better pity parties than I do

Mine usually consist of an entire family sized box of ice cream cones.
    -Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
    -Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 194

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
    You have snacks, entertainment, and got people to come!
    -Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout responded:
    Kathy,
    For one thing, I'm very glad that Pollyanna won't be at this party. From what I hear she's a stuck up wench and has about as much personality as my granddaughter's pet turtle. Gimme a good , whiney, gripey party with all the trimmings any day of the week. I love to unload! LOL
    As for your hives.... have you ever tried Benedryl pills? Not the non drowsy ones, you have to have the full strength ones because they "deaden the urge" to itch and the antihistimine in them tends to clear up alot of the itchy mitchy stuff out there.
    ALSO, have you ever tried Fels Naptha bar soap? It works on hives, poison ivey, bug bites, you name it. It dries up the stuff and helps stop the itching and the spreading of the stuff to other areas. Find it at walmart, or some groceries, in the detergent aisle or sometimes in dishsoap aisle, usually on bottom shelf. Work into a lather and spread onto the affected area, and leave it to dry on its own without rinsing.

I think it's time to take a bit of a break from the saintly eating. You are stressing yourself out over it too much. Seriously. Give yourself a day to eat a few hundred calories more, once or twice a week. Make it count too. Eat something that really sounds good, something that you KNOW will be worth eating.
    You cant keep going down a path that you truly don't like. You'll end up quitting. Give it a rest, give yourself some time to regroup and get upbeat about your journey again. It does help. We don't want to lose you.
    huggs
    k
    Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
    Kali? A family sized box of ice cream cones? Just the cones??? LOL, WOW! you really know how to cut loose and LIVE girl!!!! eye roll
    bahahahhaha
    huggs
    k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

An_247275 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    Haha, I wish it was just the cones...it's those ones with the chocolate tips and chocolate-covered-nut-sprinkled ice cream. I forbade my husband from buying them anymore. Now if I ever get them, it's as a single cone purchased from 7-11.

kalimiller replied to An_247275's response:
    oh that's awkward. I guess that web MD doesn't even want anyone to know my shame. haha
    -Kali

-Henry Ford

rachael2011 responded:
    Hi. Sorry I am late for the pity party. My food part is going OK, very slowly, but OK. But my exercise has gone downhill fast. I am still going, but laziness is taking over and my time and intensity seem to be going backwards. I am in a rut. And I need a good kick in the pants to keep going. Plus, I am tired of being broke. Even when I am getting a decent paycheck from overtime there is ALWAYS something like car repairs, etc. Finally, I have to mow today and I would rather clean a million bathrooms than mow the lawn.
    Sorry about the nausea, pain and the hives. I agree that Benedryl original is awesome for hives though. Hope you feel better soon.
    Again, sorry for being late, but I would rather stop by at the party than hit a BK drive thru or put Dominoes back on speed dial.
    Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 296.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
    It's ok Kali. You put on the "big girl" pants and owned up to your preferred go to snack, even if webmd wants to help you hide it, lol
    But , hey, at least a box of those Good Humor Drum Stix are WORTH the indescretion. I thought you meant just a box of regular cones, and at , what? About 38 calories apiece, they would hardly be a blip on the radar, even if you did eat a whole box,
    huggs
    k

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
    Ok, Rachael, you come to my house and do my bathroom and I'll mow your lawn. I like to mow, in fact will be doing that again probably tomorrow if it's not raining again.

Consider this your Kick in the Pants.
    Some exercise motivation.......

Your workout.... think about it.
    huggs
    k

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    Thanks Kim. I needed that middle one. It hit home.

But I will take you up on the bathroom vs mowing. I better get out there before it gets any hotter.

Hope you guys have a good day!
    Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 296.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rohvannyn replied to rachael2011's response:
    Rachael, I hear you on the money worries. It never fails! I get a little overtime, bam, it goes away. I save a little, bam, we need to buy a new showerhead. I manage to get an extra paycheck in the month, oops, the clutch just went out. What a pain!

Kathy, your descirption of the pity party made me almost laugh out loud! That was great.
    Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been on a weight loss journey since I was 13. I had a major physical ailment hit me and didn't get to be the active kid that I had been.....More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    62 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.