Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Party's Over....
mog1026 posted:
I'm still humming "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...." But it's clean-up time this morning and I want to thank all of my guests. I was in a nasty place yesterday and your company really helped a lot. My DH scurried out of the room yesterday and I called out, "Are you afraid of me?" in disbelief. As he went down the stairs he answered, "Any sane person would be today!" That gave me a good laugh but I was still impossible all day. My apologies to you all. Maybe Kim is right and I do need a few more calories. I sure do remember those ice cream cones, Kali. I think they're called Nutty Buddy's and I had a brief affair with them back in the early 90's. That chocolate in the tip is to die for. It's probably still somewhere lurking on my hips. Today I plan to manage my stress better. I'm finding it very hard to be patient with my knees and my weight loss. It's hard for me to accept that this situation is something I can't fix NOW. I know in my head that its going to take time and now I have to get my heart to believe it. This would be a lot harder without the encouragement of all of you, so thank you again.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 206.6 GW 165

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy
The two things I want you to remeber...
NOW is the time to start
NOW doesn't last forever

It's just a moment in time, right? But it's what we DO with that moment that could be the pivotal point on which our entire future is built.
You want to be strong and you want to be healthy. That takes time. It took almost your entire life to create this comfortable, fluffy body you live in. It'll take some time to rebuild and remold it into something better, healthier, stronger, fitter.... and ultimately happier. Give yourself the time it takes. No matter how long it takes. You aren't running a race. But it is something you CAN win. But only IF you keep at it.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
remember, lol ak my spelling is...... off
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Kim is right! I don't think any of us here lost the weight really fast. I know it took me forever to lose it, it seemed like. It's taking me forever to tone it up but I am doing it. Each day I get stronger and tighter. It took several years for my body to stretch so it's going to take several years to get back in place.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy I saw a post on facebook that said believe your brain because your heart lies ...
something like that . I had a few of what I call false starts before I jumped in with both feet . So just don't give up once you get the food right as a new habit the rest falls into place ..
You have to think of it as a changing life journey that never ends .. Is there a particular food that is hard for you to limit or cut out? many of the packaged foods have things in them that cause excessive hunger that's one of the reason to avoid them /
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
I started here with you all 3 years ago. I am only down a net 10 pounds in 3 years. Comes to 3.3 pounds a year. This is slow. I did stop gaining anyway, barely.

I am hoping with more physical activity I will be less interested in consuming unnecessary calories.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura now that you are a long time member it is time to abandon those baby steps and start taking bigger ones what do you think ..?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, good job on not gaining. Statistically, most of us put on at least a pound or two a year, so you are not only maintaining your current weight but dropping it a little too. I know it can be really, really frustrating. Hang in there, and you are right about the physical activity.

Kim... as usual, awesome motivation. I'm saving some of that.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

justmejust replied to rohvannyn's response:
I never thought of it like that Roh. That statistically not only am I not gaining each year as the average person does, but I actually maintained to an an average loss of 3 pounds each year for the past 3 years. Thanks Roh! (Where does the time go sometimes that I missed responding to this 3 weeks ago! Plus, I recently realized I actually lost an additional 4 pounds that I left out by accident earlier due to a calculation habit of syncing my home scale weigh in to match my doctors office weigh in with clothes on and food in my tummy!) So I lost nearly fifteen pounds divided by 3 years or about 5 pounds per year plus maintaining that! Yay!

Thanks! Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rohvannyn replied to justmejust's response:
Awesome, then! Keep it up! Even if you don't lose for a while, at least you aren't gaining. So any loss, is really a victory, and this is more true the older you get.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

ladylavender replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, for whatever reason this conversation was overlooked, I'm glad you brought it forward because this conversation encourages me, too.

I was given today off from work (instead of next Tuesday), which gives me a 3-day weekend before I return to work on Sunday. I'm so grateful because I need to regroup...I was just thinking of the domino effect several different problems in my life are causing, and I was thinking that if I will commit to ONE year of actively pursuing a healthier lifestyle that could really put me in a position to then move forward with other things in my life at the end of that year. (I'm not saying it would ONLY be one year, but to just look at the next 365 days for now.)

Stormed for a little while this afternoon, but I got in about 50 mins of mowing before the raindrops hit. Gone now, but everything is wet. That humidity did me in, though. It's not as hot as LA, though! Whew, Kim, that's pretty bad. We may have some days like that, but it generally doesn't last and it usually cools down at night.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

justmejust replied to ladylavender's response:
Glad it encourages you too Abby. Perhaps together we can have success supporting each other in our failures and successes...

Roh, thanks for the supportive comments/info. So I'll keep up the maintaining and slow losing even if I am unable to do more. I'll keep at this.
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone My name is Jackie I'm 63 years old I began this journey to lose weight about 3 years ago to no avail. I would lose five or six po...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.