Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Laura, I'm calling you out
totallywiggedout posted:
It's time sweetheart.

I'm challenging you to a duel.

If interested reply, if not.... reply anyhow.

I need to get on my game plan better and you, YOU need to GET a game plan.

I really had no idea that you were having such hard troubles with weightloss. I knew from your posts that you have snack attacks and that you have felt helpless, if not just plain hopeless.

Reach out to me. I think I have an idea that will help.
We both tend to NOT set our monthly goals down in writing because we may fail. In thinking like that, we are setting ourselves up to fail, if not all out failure, then we are giving ourselves an easy out. An excuse, because we didn't SET a goal, so we didn't have to REACH one.

I won't let you fail, if you don't let me fail.

let me know

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
Oh oh Laura! Now you've done it! You are toast, dog meat, lower than dirt if you don't pony up! LOL! Kim is gonna hold your feet to the F I R E. And I have a feeling that is a good thing because even I, who is totally a low man on the totem pole, was tempted to give you a pep talk when I read your last post. The good thing about being on Kim's team is that you'll laugh the pounds off. Good luck girl!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 206.6 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Yes, Kathy, I DO have hip high black leather boots and a whip..... just for THESE special occasions

No, but truly, Laura is a fighter, she just doesn't know it yet.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Kim,

Embedded in your challenge is the mental work that this journey requires - the realistic, yet challenging short term goals and the wanting to meet those goals more than you want the food. Exercise goals are fabulous, but you have to get the food under control. I often think of Judy's ice cream issue and how she gave herself permission to have it only once a month at first and now she rarely has it. A splurge only once a month - just food (so to speak) for thought.

Good luck with the boot camp. Can't wait to see your's and Laura's goals posted for June. You go girl!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

justmejust responded:
Kim, have you have lost 75 pounds since January 2012?
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Yes. Laura I have and I refuse to let you think you can't do it too. LOL
I know you can.
huggs
k

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks, good luck with that! ; )
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kalimiller responded:
I need this too. I haven't really been that engaged in trying to lose weight. I've been super sick for the past two weeks - some really bad cold that got into my lungs a bit. But, today is the first day that I finally feel okay. Not all the way better, but not dying either. I haven't weighed myself in two weeks either. And, quite honestly, I am not quite sure what I have been eating for the past two weeks as well. I guess I'll have to step on the scale when I get home and check for damage.

I think that for me, a monthly goal is just not cutting it. I am pumped to meet it for the first week or so, and then my enthusiam for it tapers off and I forget what it was altogether. Perhaps a weekly goal would work better? IDK. I'm just rambling...
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 194

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
So, tell me what you are thinking about this? I don't even want to wait till June to start.
It's not a month, Laura. Let's shoot for 10 days of sharing our pain and exercise and food and recipes and everything. Logging every day AT LEAST ONCE , but I'd prefer every 5-6 hours for that 10 days.
If we do ok. We can extend it to another 10.
10 days Laura. 10 days of pure unadulterated honesty about our foods, our weight, our measurments, our addictions, our emotional changes, everything.
Not just a blog but a 10 day journal.
Not a competition, but companionship.
huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Personally, I think that sounds do-able. Very do-able. We could start tomorrow? LAURA! Do it with us! Puh-lease!?
-Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Laura, I'm not doing this to get you mad or upset at me or yourself. I'd like to try to get you INTERESTED in your journey again by just shaking things up a bit. I can sit here and type suggestions all day long and in the end, will you have felt the need or desire to do them? Probably not. It's easy to blow everyone off because we aren't physically together. I do the same things, Laura. "yeh, yeh, whatever".
Or I get really enthused while I'm sitting here reading the discussions then I somehow misplace that enthusiasm as soon as I have to go to the kitchen for water, a snack or to fix a meal. We all do it to some extent. That's why we have to try something different every once in awhile to keep things fresh.
This is something different.
Please, join me. Let's try this together.
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, that's what I was thinking. Tomorrow, I'm logging my regular measurements, starting weight, the foods as I consume them (everything) and exercise as I do it. Not before, because I tend to log something then get busy and forget (or neglect) to do it.
Right here. So my blogs will look sorta funny(not haha, just strange)
I am going to be completely honest in everything. I'm pretty sure I've gained some weight too. Been feeling bloated, think it's that time again...... But I'm going to blog it all. No holds barred.
10 days.
huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I think that sounds good. I also think that, in order to make it less of a long post, we should start a new post each day - e.g. DAY ONE. Ya dig?

I'll have to dig out a tape measurer tonight so I can post those too. Eek.
-Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Also, getting a few day's worth of food in order today. I don't want to run out and I don't think I'm going to want to feel stressed out any more than this is already going to make me, lol
I can feel it, but it's a necessary evil.

Have already got 4 ripened avocados, 4 hard boiled eggs and 4 tomatoes . I'm not going to vary my diet too much for breakfast and lunch. Dinner will be different every night for me. It'll be easier that way.

huggs
k

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
So what is the plan exactly? I am a little confused...
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight has crept up on me through many years of negligence - over eating and not eating the right foods. I love fresh fruits and vegetables but I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.