Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAY ONE, annnnnd we're off!
totallywiggedout posted:
To the core group, good luck and God willing we shall prevail

Friday, May 24, 2013

Kim, morning weigh in : 181.6 lbs
Measurements
Waist,37"...Hips 42.5"...Lower Tummy(apron)43"...Rt Thigh 24.75"..Left thigh 25"...Rt Bicep 14.25"...Left Bicep 14"...Bust 40"...Rt wrist 6"...Lft wrist 6"...Rt calf 15.5"...Lft calf 16"...rt ankle 8.5"...lft ankle (can't reach )

Feelings: meh, ok I'm here, It's early yet, let me grab some coffee and see if it gets better.
Weather : very moist and a bit overcast, not a mood uplifter
Ready for AM walk, wish me luck
Kim SW 252 CW 176.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Go Kim! I like that you didn't wait to begin this challenge until after Memorial Day! I'm going to think about you when I go out with friends and to a cookout. Maybe that will help me not to overindulge!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

kalimiller responded:
Alright! Let's do this!

Morning weigh in: 193.2
Waist: 36.5"
Hips: 44.5"
Bust: 41.5"
R Bicep: 13.5"
L Bicep: 13.5"
R Wrist: 7"
L Wrist: 7"
R Thigh: 27.5"
L Thigh: 27.5"
R Calf: 16"
L Calf: 16"
R Ankle: 10"
L Ankle: 10"
Tummy: 41"

Mood: Tired still. I just need a good sleep tonight and I think I'll finally shake this stupid sickness. I'm hardly coughing anymore now.
Weather: Looks like it'll be a nice sunny day today.
Other news: I haven't eaten yet today - just my morning medication and water so far. I did get news that my boss ordered bagels and fruit for everyone this morning, so I'll probably have something once that comes in.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 194

justmejust replied to kalimiller's response:
Morning weigh in: 214
Waist: 41"
Hips: 45"
Bust: 36"
R Bicep: 16"
L Bicep: 16"
R Wrist: 7.5"
L Wrist: 7.5"
R Thigh: 29.5"
L Thigh: 29"
R Calf: 17.5"
L Calf: 17.5"
R Ankle: 9.5"
L Ankle: 9.5"

Lost a pound since yesterday. Figures I start the ten day challenge this way. And I had a lot of difficulty figuring out my waist and hip measurements. So I measured my waist at my belly button, my hip at the hip bone crest, as close as I could get to it while at the same time avoiding my little belly hang as much as possible. Now my hips at hip joint look like the widest part of my body, but did not measure that because I thought it might be the wrong place.

Weather is gorgeous, completely clear sky temperature started out in low 60's and will have a high of 71.

Walked 2 miles at 8:30 a.m. with my neighbor, and then another mile at 11 a.m. with my 15 year old beautiful daughter. She brought her camera and took pictures of flowers, roses, birds, and a squirrel.

My mood: Typical day of fighting off varying levels of crappy mood because all I do each day is wash dishes and do laundry among the other usual housekeeping chores and watch a two television shows and play plants vs. zombies on my iPhone. Plus feel annoyed at usual everyday things like why aren't my kids working, because hubby doesn't want them to. Our money is tight, but not impossible. Still, they could have worked like all of their peers and my relatives do. Hey, that is supposed to be fun and responsible experience if nothing else. First hand money managing and understanding hours worked equals so much money, less taxes. Feeling of personal accomplishment, right? etcetera, on life goes...

I keep trying to stay positive every day, all day. Plus after raising kids and putting my design career on hold I am not able to get back in a job, especially as I keep getting older, 52, grayer, coloring hurts my scalp, and overweight.

So I am trying to make the best of it and keep it together while I am here every day for three wonderful teenagers for another summer. But that is a blessing too, right!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Actually both my thighs are 29". And to think my waist used to be 18" in high school, maybe less. Don't tell anyone, yeah, ha! I was barely 97 pounds, and looked amazing!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kalimiller replied to justmejust's response:
I had two packets of Quaker oatmeal today for breakfast - one original and one of apple cinnamon.

Then for my morning snack I had 3/4 of a plain bagel with approx. 3 Tbsp of the garden veggie cream cheese. Also, about 1/2 cup of mixed fruit (strawberries, grapes, melon, pineapple).
-Kali

-Henry Ford

kalimiller replied to justmejust's response:
Okay, so I just replied, but I think webMD decided to fail at that moment. Or, it'll show up later and there will be two posts.

Breakfast was two Quaker oatmeal packets. One original and one apple cinnamon. Water.

Morning snack was 3/4 of a bagel with 3 Tbsp of Garden Veggie cream cheese. And 1/2 cup of mixed fruit (strawberries, grapes, melons, pineapple).
-Kali

-Henry Ford

totallywiggedout responded:
Lunch time check in:
Walked 1 mile (usual AM walk)
Did 20 pushups off the overlook railing

32 oz water
2 cups coffee w/ stevia and 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder in each

Breakfast..Monkey Salad, 1/8 c of n/s added apple juice
AM snack, 1 hard boiled egg, dash of "no salt"

Lunch, (2) tuna patties, made with 1 can water packed tuna(drained), 1 lg eggwhite, 2 club crackers, 1/4 tsp lemon pepper , mixed well then pan fried in 1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
and (1) med. navel orange
32 oz water

Kali and Laura, thanks for joining me!
Both of you, good going on the measurements and weigh ins.

****need an update on your intake so far if possible ***

Laura, good going on the AM exercise. Keep at it! Stop stressing about what your family ISN'T doing. They are all (practically) adults. Let them worry about themselves for this 10 days. You can't control that. You CAN control YOU.
Great news about the lb lost... unfortunately IT DOESN'T count on this experiment, but it was a nice surprise for you to wake up to. Let's keep it off and go fetch some more lbs we don't need, huh?

Kali? I take it you aren't a morning exerciser.... That's ok, just get something in today. Every little bit helps. Remember to strive for at least 1/2 hour of solid exercise per day , plus the daily grind stuff like dishwashing, cooking, laundry and shopping that burn some extra calories.

Back to this this PM
huggs you guys!
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, Ladies
Day 1 tape measure totals, May 24,2013

Kim 292.5"
Kali 311.5"
Laura 281.5"

Remember, NOT a competition between us. Just our own inner fat girl.

I'm taking an "instant" pic on my phone for all of our beginning areas of measurement. Please take the time if you haven't already to write them down so that you can remeasure the same spots on morning of 6th day.

huggs
k

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
breakfast
3/4 cup smart start, tsp flax seed ground, 1/8 teasp cinamon, 1/2 cup skim milk, coffee, 3/4 cup skim milk,T walnuts, half small banana
330 cal
lunch
cup tomato, potato, asparagus in steak juice sauce, 1/3 can tuna, slice wheat toast, tsp grape jam, tsp. butter
326 cal
snack
large red apple, 15 whole raw cashews
216 cal
Laura

mog1026 responded:
Wait for MEEEEE!!!!!! I debated this and now I want in because it will hold me accountable for another 10 days. Here goes,

Starting Weight 205.6 Waist 42.5 Hips 45 Tummy 46 Bust 44.5 R bicep 14.5 L bicep14.5 R wrist 7 L wrist 7 R thigh23 L thigh 22.5 R calf 16 L calf 15.5 R ankle 8.5 L ankle 8.5 Total = 315

Mood - upbeat even though I realize I'm shorter and wider than the rest of you Read my book about to be self-published soon! (And you already know I can throw a good party!)

Breakfast - (late)apple and Sugar free Vitatop. Lunch - sandwich - rye bread, 3 oz. lean roast beef, romaine, tomato, red onion, 1/4 avocado, low fat mayo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 205.6 GW 165

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
Yay! I'm excited that you are joining us Kathy!

I'm an afternoon/evening exerciser. I have work early in the morning and just can't seem to go to bed early enough to wake up any earlier than I do. Oh well!
-Kali

-Henry Ford

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
I'm just the same Kali and I have no excuse except personal preference. I start my exercise (what I happen to do) around 4pm and dribble it into the evening.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 205.6 GW 165

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Sorry Kim, as long as you are keeping track, My days numbers are actually 281. I miss typed an extra .5 on my R thigh and mentioned it in a subsequent post. Thanks! Laura
Laura

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Your sandwich sounds tasty Kathy!
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

So glad I found this support group. I am inclined 2 b a loner and now that I'm not working it's 2 ez 2 b a recluse (& eat). Hi school days...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.