Skip to content
Off Track
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I've been off track this past month. Because of it I gained 1lb. I've been craving sweets. I haven't been going overboard but a cookie here and a cookie there adds up. Still having trouble eating fruit. I'm getting the vegetables down. Not really a meat eater. So I limit myself. Some people say if you don't eat enough you can gain weight. That's crazy but I guess it can be true.

BB - Jayne

abnersmom responded:
Hey BB, Glad to see you back with us. Good for you with the veggies. It is true that if you drop below 1200 cals. a day your body goes into starvation mode which makes it much harder to lose. Do you mean red meat or any "meat? Fish is a great source of healthy protein, so there's no problem with that. Protein really helps with the hungry horrors - might even keep you away from those cookies
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

justmejust responded:
Welcome back BB Jayne! Glad you are checking in with us. So good to talk about all our paths! It helps both of us. You can lose that pound in not time!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Jayne, Glad you are back. I agree that you will get that lb off in no time. As for the fruit, I like to mix it like blueberries or strawberries in yogurt or banana in my oatmeal, etc. The only ones I like plain are oranges. Great on the veggies though!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 296.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

beautifulbuffalo replied to rachael2011's response:
Thanks for all the welcomes back. Feels good to know people care. I'm back to walking 2 miles a day. Eating my vegetables. eating some fruit. Didn't think of putting the fruit in the yogurt. I don't like any meat. I'll occassionally eat a hamburger. I like fish but you need to eat it fresh and I live 1/2 hour from the store. So that can be once a week.
Thanks'
BB

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome back! Good to see you here! Not to worry, there are lots of kinds of protein besides meat. Eggs, nut butters, beans of all kinds, whole nuts, quinoa, brown rice (to some extent), soy protein powder, whey protein powder, hard cheese, fat free cottage cheese, tofu, yogurt. You can get more fruit and more protein in one shot by having a smoothie. A scoop or two of protein powder, yogurt or milk, and some frozen fruit whizzed up in a blender tastes awesome on a hot summer day. The variations are endless.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Here I am! Feeling the worst I ever have. 100 pounds to lose and very overwhelmed about it. 1 year away from 50 years old. Developed high blood pressu...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.