Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dieting
An_252147 posted:
Hello everyone

I am a 26 year old female I'm currently weighing at 385 And I am just tired of living unhealthy and I really want to start losing weight.

I was up to 400 at once and I was just like enough is enough. So far I am down 15 lbs. and I just want to keep going.

My short term goal right now is to first lose 85 lbs .

I'm currently trying out these new pills called Thermofit & Fat Fighter Pills. Which I got from btwraps13.myitworks.com

I'm just looking for some great motivation and help with meal plans an exercising tips.

Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard and congrats on the 15lb loss. The key thing is to remember that this is a lifestyle change. You have to be committed for life. You can't go back to bad eating habits once this is all said and done. It's all about a percent 80% food and 20% exercise. First you have to get your food down or the exercising you do won't count for nothing! Start with the grocery stores. Shop the outside perimeter. Eat unprocessed foods such has fresh or frozen fruits and veggies without any additives. Eat low fat or fat free dairy, beans, lentils, nuts, 100% whole grains. I don't know about your health situation but for someone your size that has been sedentary I would start with walking or a recumbent bike for starters and increase as it gets easier to move, Also talk to your doctor before you start any exercise or diet program such as you mention. Make sure it's safe for your body.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ladylavender responded:
Hello and welcome. You chose the right place. These gals/guys are awesome and will give you great tips. I just felt like I had to respond because I'm not far from your weight, and I understand. Short-term goals are the way to go...breaking it down into manageable parts. I will let the others take it from here. There are several on the "maintenance" end of the spectrum that are so kind for sticking around and helping out the rest of us. Welcome to the community.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi An_...147 , Welcome!

If you are reading any of our posts, don't mind my little tantrum, lol. THEY were right and I was wr wro sigh wrong.
I do love these guys to pieces and we are a very special group. We all bring something to the table that would be and IS sorely missed (and missing) if you try to "go it alone".

Like a bee, singley you don't get much done, but join the hive and you have that group mentality going and everybody is more productive as the outcome.

Two things are absolutely necessary to win at this game.
Accountability and absolute truth
and
Effort

You simply can't sit around "HOPING" you'll lose weight. You have to make it happen.

Start a food and fitness planner either here on WebMd, on Fitday.com or someplace else like Livestrong.com.

HOLD yourself accountable by logging everything you eat, everything that goes into a recipe, everything you drink, ALL condiments, All cooking oils and such that you use..... there are only MAYBE 5 things in all the world that are truly 100% "free" foods... free of calories, free of fats, free of anything .

Also be religious about logging your exercise daily.

This is truly a necessary first step to becoming conscious of your intake and physical output (calories burned)

Once you sign in ON THIS PAGE clik the Resources link at the left. You can download videos and stuff that we have tried and shared and are really good for beginners and not so news.
There is also a recipes link there that has some seriously good links to other sites that we have tried and shared because we like the recipes... and of course some of OUR OWN recipes are there too.

Check em out... glad you joined us.... let us know if you need anything or want to vent or need some inspiration. We are here for ourselves, but also for others.

kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Btwraps replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you ladies for all the encouraging words it means a lot. I have already cut back on a lot of things. No sodas at all. Very limited juice All I really drink is water.

I've changed my eating habits a lot as well No fast foods No fried foods No junk foods

This is a big step I needed to take.c

Next step is joing a gym and working out.

I am well on my way

jis4judy replied to Btwraps's response:
Hi BT those are really good changes you made please keep them in place forever thats how to stay healthy works . welcome Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to Btwraps's response:
Welcome Btwraps, glad you are here, Amber and Judy have been around the longest and lost the most weight and have several years of maintaining. They bring excellent advice. As for me I have yet to succeed at tracking my food, and remove treats like they tell me/did. I am challenged at the measuring and writing down and tracking food accurately. And drag my feet/they are dug in the ground on the removing treats. So I am stable at 40 pounds over goal weight. Keeping off 15 lost pounds though. Glad you are here! Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
LOL, Sweety, your "short term goal" should be to make it through today, then... tomorrow.
It's nice to see some light at the end of the tunnel, yes. but don't build your tunnel so long that you get tired and fall asleep in the dark.
Hi, welcome.
You've already got a great start. 15 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. It's hard to lose it and keep it off, and that seems to be what you are doing, so, kudos to you on your successful start.
We try to get people to focus on feeding bodies what they need instead of what the "inner child" wants. It's ok to have a small treat every once in awhile. But since they are usually sugar/fat laden, we just try to cut back and cut portion sizes of them.
This isn't a diet after all, it's a lifestyle change that you have to learn to be able to live with, FOREVER.

This is an excellent group for support and encouragement.
There are some really good recipes and links to recipe sites that we have put together.
once you sign in, click the Resources Tab at left. Find our recipes link and you will find all sorts of meal and snack ideas.
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to Btwraps's response:
Welcome BTwraps! Great advice from everyone already. I'll just add that the lifestyle changes we have to make to be successful forever do NOT happen overnight. Give yourself some time for adjustment. Slips will happen, but the most important thing is to back on plan immediately!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

undefined responded:
This value 15lbs is too low. Try taking green tea with black pepper regularly.

ausgram replied to Btwraps's response:
Hi BT, are you An-147? Anyway, this is a great group here and we are here for you. You are so young, you have youth in your favor. Get it off now while it comes off easily, when you are in your 60s and 70s, it is torture getting off. So do it while you can at your young age.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to ausgram's response:
Good grief, this post is 7 months old, I didn't see that. ha ha ha! oh well, I hope BT gets back here to see what you all typed. Hope she is trying.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 53 and obese! I wasn't an obese or even an overweight person on childhood, my teens or on my early adulthood. I'm an emotional eater ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.