Skip to content
A set back, then a NSV
mishabl posted:
Happy monday to all you wonderful weight warriors !!
So Thursday I had my first weekly doc's appointment. I was kinda upset that I actually weigh 274 (I thought I weighed 265), so I have now changed my SW, and I'm just gonna go from there. So that was a bummer. But there was also good news... my blood pressure is down !! The changes that I've started making, above all with my eating habits, are beginning to make a diference !
I'm so happy Woo Hoo !!
Love to everyone <3
I'm Margie, SW 274
Constant change, not instant perfection.
TODAY will be different from YESTERDAY :)

jis4judy responded:
Hi Margie
I had a scale that weighed me almost 10 pounds less than my docs scale I bought a new one and it is in agreement with the Docs scale now ..It about broke my heart to change my starting weight when I found this out.. You are dealing with it pretty well.. Good job getting eating habits under control that's a really great place to start..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Great job on the BP!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mishabl responded:
Thanks Judy and Amber !!
I'm Margie, SW 274

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Margie, I answered a few min ago, but the web must've eaten it.

First of all, congrats on the BP. That's one set of numbers that you should ALWAYS focus on. I'm glad yours are down.

Next, if your scale is a "dial" face one, they have springs under the standing platform that weaken and bend over time allowing for inaccurate readings.
It's best to replace it when you can, because those springs will just keep weakening and giving you false reads.
I went straight from my Dr on my first visit in Jan 2012 and stepped on all the diff scales at walmart, the one with the closest reading to his, went into my cart, lol
Saves me from screaming "WTH??!!" in a packed Drs office

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ha ha ha, yeh Margie, good attitude on you.
Last time I weighed at the doctors I told the nurse, now, you have to deduct 5 lbs cause I just ate lunch. She said, "OK" what a liar. ha ha ha!
Actually, my scale, that I have had for 100 years, well, a long time, is right to the lb of the docs. So old scale or not, it works.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -191; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

mishabl replied to totallywiggedout's response:
LOL Kim !! Too funny, but it's true... I didn't know if I should laugh or cry !! P.S.- I laughed
I'm Margie, SW 274

totallywiggedout replied to mishabl's response:
Margie I'm still missing you and Kathy today..... please please join us on Challenge2 PLEEEEEASE??!!

I didn't mean to scare you away.... Come play with us!

huggs you guys
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of three beautiful "grown-up" children, I have landed here on this page because I have to get a grip on my weight. I have gai...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.