Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loving Yourself
SmilingCats posted:
"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." — Buddha

Today, I am going to try and "love" myself. Today. Right now. Just as I am. At my current weight. Even try to love my "shelf booty." How about you?

Goal: To learn to celebrate life without eating unhealthy food.

totallywiggedout responded:
Morning!

I'm trying not to be down on myself for indulgences... it's past and it cannot be taken back. So I'm moving forward. It's easier to love myself when I eat right and today I'm in the mood for love

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Yes Barbara and Kim

that's the thing I had to learn when I first started my journey I had to love myself enough to want better heath for ME
and it is a great place to start .. a healthy body to carry us around is a wonderful thing .
I indulged a bit too much and ate late at night last night I am forgiving myself and starting over today . this has happened to me many times in the last 10 years just start over again asap
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn responded:
Such a good thought. Another way I've heard it is "treat yourself like your own best friend."

For me it's easier to love myself if I am doing something that I love. Right now that's art. I wrote an essay a while back about loving yourself, because your body is doing the best it can with what you provide it, no matter how good or how bad that may be. This reminds me of that essay.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mishabl responded:
So true. There can be many external factors for us to want to lose weight, to try to please and meet others needs and desires, but we have to remember that we won't be able to be there for anybody if we don't take care of ourselves. I always try to keep this in mind.
I'm Margie, SW 274
Constant change, not instant perfection.
TODAY will be different from YESTERDAY :)

blondie454u responded:
Love this!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SharonNVirginia responded:
As a CPA I have heard numerous clients say, "I would like to save, but I deserve all the things I'm spending money on."

My reply, "You deserve to be better off financially. You deserve to get out of debt."

Now my challenge is to reason with myself. When I think "I deserve that piece of chocolate", I have to talk back and say, "I deserve to wear regular size clothing, I deserve to be off high cholesterol medication, high blood pressure medication and diabetes medication. I deserve to have fewer asthma attacks and more energy. I deserve to go places without worrying that I'll be the fattest one there. " I need to love myself enough to do for myself what I would give to anyone else if I could.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Those are really great reasons Sharon
welcome aboard and with all those meds not needed you will also have more money to add to your wealth
and you will feel so much better too ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Oooooo Sharon maybe I should have read this BEFORE I had the chocolate. That's very well put and I am going to try and remember it.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Chocolate??!! O.o did you LOG it??

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 178.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon your post had me thinking again I know I established a financial plan based on wants and needs the same exact approach can be used for healthy eating .
sure we want certain foods but do we need them? we do need nutrients so eating nutrient rich foods is the key to better health . and limiting the indulgences to fewer and fewer putting lots of time weeks maybe between them and reducing the amounts .

SharonNVirginia replied to jis4judy's response:
Even with that good philosophy, I am as prone to impulse eating as anyone. As in finance, the best strategy is to have a budget, i. e. an eating plan. If you plan out your eating a day ahead, it is a tremendous help... LOL gotta go do that NOW.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Oh Sharon, wow, that is great. I don't k now what a CPA is but it must be a thinking job for you to come up with such a good answer. Very good.
I also like your Phi 4:13. I want to be all God wants me to be. He is my life and I hate how I treat this body He gave me. So this Challenge is really really helping me to focus. Kim is such a doll to do all this.
Well, Sharon, you hang in there, you can lose like we are. Just try to be faithful to this challenge, it really will help.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -191; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
If anyone caught that "chocolate" word, Kim did. Ha ha ha ha! Kim, your so funny.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -191; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.