Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Calling all Juicers!
mog1026 posted:
After seeing the documentary Far Sick etc. I'm looking to hear from any juicers in the group. Anybody there? Own one? Use one ever? Asked the doctor about juicing? Considered it? I just had my first smoothie a couple of months ago so I'm new to the liquid nutrition game, but I'm curious how much produce you need each day to get a couple of glasses.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

rohvannyn responded:
I have a juicer and man, it takes a lot of produce. The more powerful the juicer, the more juice you tend to get. It helps to thin the juice out with water, and try small batches first to see what flavors you like. Also, be prepared for a bit of cleaning so you might want to do batches every couple of days. It can be fun to juice, and very healthy. I got a pretty good deal on a refurbished Breville on Amazon.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
My mom had a vitamaster (prehistoric juicer, before juicing was "in") and it ate TONS of fruits and veggies, lol
We'd put in whole fruit, oranges peels and all, apples with core but stems removed, Celery by the bunch, not just the head.... and.... it would give us A glass of juice in return.
That's right A as in single , ONE , Uno....

I do smoothies because I work in calcium with the almond milk too and I happen not to like throwing away all that good fiber from the fruit pulp ... waste not want not and all that, you know what I mean?
Perhaps the newer gadgets give you more bang for the buck ,but after watching my mom's back in the 70s, I'd say I can definitely see why those popular "juice bars" cost an arm and a leg to get a drink.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
We used one that my coworker brought in, which is the same one that was shown in the video. We used 1 sweet potato, 2 oranges, 2 handfuls of spinach, 3 carrots, and 1 apple. It made about 4 cups of juice if I was guessing.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I going through menopause and gained 10 pounds to my top weight of 240. I am 5'10', so people told me I carried my weight well, but the bottom...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.