Skip to content
My how the time flies!
lost815cm posted:
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on here! Just thought I'd check in and say hi and see how you're all doing. Hopefully all is well I've been ok, lots of family drama, but through it all I've managed to lose a little more weight. Unfortunately, I've been stuck at the same number on the scale for the last 2 weeks. It's driving me nuts! My husband and I are cooking more stuff at home than ever before. We love tortilla chips and actually started making our own at home and saving lots of calories/sodium by doing so. We also have taken to doing our own salt-free shake and bake concoctions for chicken dinners too, I often make yogurt and berry smoothies at breakfast with egg whites and whole wheat toast. I also drink at least 64 oz of water a day. It all sounds fine on paper, but my weight isn't moving hardly at all! We eat as organic, low sodium, high protein etc as we can. I recently purchased a FitBit Zip to monitor my steps daily. It's great but I don't get the BMR aspect of it. I even emailed the staff and they didn't answer my question to my satisfaction. For example, as of right now it says I have walked 5,394 steps today (lazy, I know) but my BMR says I've burned 1834. How the heck is this possible?! I'm on a fixed calorie intake of 1330 per day. Which is roughly a 500 calorie difference. If I'm really burning that much more than I eat daily, how the heck am I not skinny?! Does anyone else have one of these pedometers or has any idea about this?
Catelyn

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Catelyn, thanks for stopping in! Glad that you've been doing well.
It sounds like you and hubby are doing a fine job changing some of your favorites to be healthier. It's really good to be able to share the experience with someone close.
Don't worry about the numbers on the scale so much as getting the foods right first. It's a struggle to learn healthier more nutritious recipes but it'll be well worth the effort because at some point your body WILL begin to respond to the better lifestyle.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You sounds like you're doing well. Keep up the good work. It's so hard to tell with those devices on how many calories you are burning. Every Body burns calories differently. Like Kim said focus on getting foods right and just keep moving.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Misty. I Live in Arkansas. I have two great kids and a awesome husband. I am 26 years old and finally getting to go to college. I am a Big Gir...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.