Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAY 5, C2, SATURDAY 6/8, THE CHALLENGE
totallywiggedout posted:

Here's the deal, I'm having some difficulty with late night hungries. AND leftover foods.
Older bananas and a good dose of hungries, add up to trouble, even to those with the best of intentions.
I made a VERY late night Banana bread and had two slices when it cooled.
Initially I made it under the impression that I was making it "for the kids" . Monica loves it and she was working late so I was going to surprise her with it..... yeh, right.

too many rainy days+not enough activity DURING those rainy days+
hungry horrors+Banana Bread = Kims AM weigh in 178.0

NOT GOOD.
I'm disappointed in myself today.

Like Judy's weather today, Mine dawned bright and beautiful. In a couple of hours, I'm grabbing everyone and we are going to the beach.

I want sunshine, I want to play some catch and I want to swim to my little heart's content.... so for most of today, I'll be absent .

I am hoping that this challenge levels out for all of us. It's been a pretty bumpy ride so far.
None of us has our hearts in it all the way this time and even though we are still reporting, our drive for personal excellance has diminished. ALL OF US .

So for today. Let's all think about what we REALLY WANT and ASK OURSELVES every time we feel like giving in a little..... (because each time we do, it adds up quickly to A LOT),...

" How Much Longer Are You Willing To LIVE like THIS?"

I hope today is a better, stronger, more ENLIGHTENING day for all of us.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ausgram responded:
Kim says: "Here's the deal, I'm having some difficulty with late night hungries. AND leftover foods."

Baby you ain't the only one. I worked like a sweat hog outside yesterday so thought I could have a "Small" bag of cheetos. Wrong. They were directly applyed to my hips and came out as 2 lbs. Errrrrrr!

I'll do better today. I'm hoping to do better today.

Day 5 C2 Aus-weight 188

I'm not going outside today. Wish I could send this sunshine and hot weather to you. ha.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Weight 205.8 I'm in the same boat. I was 2 lbs lighter on Monday than I am now.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, Whats the matter with us?
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

rachael2011 responded:
Hello all. It's still overcast here but at least the rain has stopped.

Kim, Have fun at the beach. I have off today and Sunday, bc I am working all next week taking my guys to the dude ranch vacation, so I am taking myself to the movies.

Am weight- 289.2
Breakfast- 1 C skim milk
1C Oatmeal
1 1/4 C strawberries
2 T sugar free Hershey's syrup

Lunch 5oz canned Salmon w/
1 1/2T lite mayo
8 cherry tomatoes
10 baby carrots
Handful romaine
1C mushrooms
2T tomato dressing (40 cal)
1 pretzel chip

I hope everyone has a good (and healthy) day!

Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 291.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Weight 210
breakfast
2 eggs
1 whole grain toast
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 tsp butter
1/2 tsp grape jam

snack
3/4 cup banana, spinach and yogurt smoothie

lunch
turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion cucumber, spinach on whole wheat bread
half small banana
1/4 cup skim milk

I am trying to eat more whole foods every day
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
3 mile morning walk
forgot to add this on my last post. beautiful day here.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
That is super healthy eating Laura. Good for you!

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
If we had all eaten like that our whole lives we wouldn't be in this fix.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie Grandma G'day matey! How's the shrimp? Is it on the Barbie? Have you seen any Kangas or roos on the outback? Should I stop reading your posts with a cute accent? Do they have Golden Corrals (which I have never heard of by the way) in Sydney? Inquiring minds NEED to know! Where are you Ausgram??? Secondly, I don't know what we are doing wrong. Is it a plateau? Is 30 lbs my limit? Frustrating but we can't quit. No no no! Those Cheetos are really salty and that explains your gain. Me, until I can start walking and I am longing to walk, I find it comes back on when I drift above 1000 calories. And 1000 calories doesn't leave any room for fun!

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I'm trying to see what you do with the chocolate syrup in the morning? Do you have chocolate oatmeal? I know it doesn't have many or maybe any calories. Does it satisfy your sweet tooth for the day? I find I can stay satisfied if I have a little dark chocolate at the end of the day, no more than 1 oz. Dr. Oz approves and I try not to do it every day. Kim called me out on it Thursday so I skipped it yesterday. I try to stay in control.

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Thank you Kathy.

Afternoon snacks Half banana Apple Serving Cheetos, party leftover I didn't throw away yet. T semi sweet chocolate chips Tsp peanut butter

Not the best snack behavior. My day is boring. Maybe i eat junk when i am bored for long stretches.
Laura

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
What's with the Cheetos everyone! You're killing me here! (Kim's at the beach so I'm playing Mother)! Aus is having a small bag, Laura is having a serving. I don't BELIEVE a word of it. Put me near a bag of Cheetos and I become a vacuum cleaner. I inhale them at the same time as I'm savoring every cheesy salty savory bite. No matter the size bag. Its here and it is gone! In fact, now I WANT some Cheetos!!!

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
One more thing... STOP THE CHEETOS INSANITY!

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hello Challengers!

Went out shopping this AM with RW, my 19 yo son, seeing loads of women in things I can't wear. So I am motivated today

Today's first blood glucose reading 133- SB 100 or less

Grrrr.

Breakfast:
3 eggs, cheese, red chile sauce, chorizo

later glucose reading 118, sb 120 or less so good.

lunch:
hamburger patty, cheese, romaine, tomato, celery spritz of red vinegar, spritz of EV olive oil.

now drum roll morning weigh in: 225.1

over on the diabetes community a doctor who is an expert on diabetes says a 20% weight loss can render medication unnecessary. Based on my weight one month ago, 235, that would be 47 lbs. for a goal weight of 188. I haven't weighed that little in 28 years. With today's weigh in, 37 pounds to go.

Love and Kisses,
Sharon
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi , I am new to this group but I like what I have read on the discussion board. I have always been yo-yoing for as long as I can remember. Six years ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.