Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAY 8, C2, Tuesday June 11
totallywiggedout posted:

Good morning Ladies! Are we ready to get behind the 8 ball today?
The numbers were good when I tried to recap last night.... unfortunately, WebMD kept telling me I was "long scripting" and wouldn't let me post.
Hopefully I can, now

RECAP: the difference 5 days can make..

Kim (-) 1.2 lbs and (-) 1.1"
Aus (+) 1 lb and (+) .5"
Rachael (-) 2.4 lbs and (+) 1.5"
Laura (-) 1 lb and (+/-) 0"
Kali (+) .8 Lbs and (+/-) 0"
Kathy (+) .4 lbs and (-) 3.5"
Sharon (-) 1 lb and (-) 2"

Group Total (-) 3.6 lbs LOST , LADIES! Not too shabby!
and
(-) 4.6 inches LOST , WOOT!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ausgram responded:
Not too bad, but bloody wish I was one that made it look good. maybe this week.
Guess if I'm austrailian I better talk like it Mate! Ha ha ha!
We don't have kangaroos running around here we have buffalo running around here. ha ha
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

kalimiller responded:
Morning weigh in for me was 189.4 I think. If I remember correctly. I'm going to eat better today - yesterday I ended up gorging myself on Cheez-Its and then had a sandwich from Arby's. So much salt. Yikes.

I have my meals planned better today and I have a lot of things to do at the house tonight. So I'll get in plenty of exercise. I have been slacking this challenge, but these last few days I want to make up for it.
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

ausgram responded:
Opps, forgot to post my weight.
Still hanging at 188. At least I'm not gaining. Right?

I already ate breakfast. 15 cherries and a cup of joe.
Don't know what to have tomorrow, I'm out of cherries.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
That's ok Aus, I forgot to post mine too, I was so worried I'd type all those recaps and differences in again and lose it like i did, 4 TIMES last night. I was up till almost 2am trying to get WebMd to take the recaps.....

Kim AM weigh in 177.6... I'm up a bit. Figured my dinner out would screw me, and it did..... SURPRISE!

Today I'm pretty screwed too.
Somehow I pulled something in my lower back above my bad hip. If I move wrong, or just move at all, I get a sharp enough pain to make me yelp out loud(every time, and I'm not kidding) and it's spasming ....

I took my meds this am hoping that it would help, along with 2 Aleve pills, but when I got to the park with Holly, I waited to make sure the pills kicked in, tried to get out of the car and it actually stiffened up even worse.

Had to give it up for this AM. No walk. No way. It literally takes my breath away, and I can't imagine trying to hold my breath for 30 min.

I think I'm going to rub some "stuff" on my back and go back to bed. If it's gonna be like this, I just can't face it. I'm gritting my teeth right now.....
Bad sign.

Breakfast was coffee w/ unsweetened dutch cocoa powder/ stevia, a smoothie(with 1 banana, 1 lite blueberry yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond Silk, and 1/2 frozen avocado).

while I'm gone...

Don't go all CHEETOs on me, you guys

BE GOOD!

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

SharonNVirginia responded:
Ahem. (Clearing throat) meee meee meee meee

Sings-"I feel ---tty, oh so ---tty, I feel ---tty and ugly and gross and I pity the one who crosses me today..."

Good weighin 224.9
bad glucose 125 (SB under 100)

DH came into the bedroom last night at 11.30 and began floundering about for a conversational topic. After 5 or 10 minutes, realizing he couldn't think of anything else to say, he hit on his old reliable "all the things wifey has not finished". Let me say right off that he is justified. I have what are called "executive function" deficits. For the layman that means I am messy, disorganized and scatter-brained. However, he KNOWS that is off-limits at bedtime as it throws off the delicate balance in my serotonin levels rendering me unable to sleep for 8-10 hours and generally leaving me weepy and disconsolate for days. If instead he approaches me in the daylight when I can get right on it, fine. So I did the perfectly rational thing and ate 3 Famous Amos cookies while yelling at him. Result: I slept. Damn. I don't need another ugly personality characteristic.

.25 c. rolled oats
.5 c. skim milk
.5 c. chopped apple with skin
1 egg
.5 c chopped red pepper
2 T. salsa
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon in my world if someone is unhappy with the cleaning in my house they are welcome to do it themselves
I am not the best house keeper thats for sure . I do what is nessesary then if I want to do other stuff it has to be on my terms .. I would have hit him with something if it was my hubby doing that .. glad your weigh in was good
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to jis4judy's response:
Kim- I hope your back feels better soon.

Most of my guys are on a trail ride and everyone is having a good time. I was ok at breakfast w oatmeal, sliced banana and C of milk (not sure if 2%). Lunch didnt present too many good options. I chose fried fish and french fries and cole slaw. Oh and tapioca pudding. Geez I feel crummy about what I ate. It tasted OK and it wasn't a huge portion. Will try to do better at dinner. On the plus side I am being really, really active walking etc. Not enough to burn off lunch but good for me anyways.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 291.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

SharonNVirginia responded:
Kim, Take care of that back! Let everyone else pitch in. hot pads or ice packs or both might help. I will send my magic back hot pad, Amber the cocker spaniel, right over if you wish. She has an amazing doggie sense for where the ache is and she snuggles right in against it. I'm thinking of renting her out. Naaaahhh, she's my best holistic anti-depressant. But for you, she's free.

Thanks for the encouragement, Judy. I have been profoundly depressed for 20 years running. Also the period which I have been more than 50 pounds over weight. Probably no coincidence. He did apologize this AM.

Rachel, that place must be stuck in the 1950's in their food choices. Outsmart 'em, girl. Don't let 'em set back your progress.

19 min on elliptical at 0 resistance ( Keeps my heart rate in target zone) that's 1.5 min more than yesterday Woo hoo!

lunch: 6" Subway turkey and black forest ham on 9 grain honey oat bread-the highest fiber content bread they have.

FYI in teeny tiny print on the nutrition sticker it said "For flatbread add 10 calories and 2.5 g of fat!!!! (if my swiss cheese memory serves) I'll bet most folks think flat bread is the low cal low fat option. Read dem labels, gals!
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh crap Kim , that's sounds awful I sure hope it is just a pulled muscle and nothing serious ... maybe bed rest will take care of it ...get well soon my friend .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
I am posting this now as it will be harder to take back. Dinner choice- broiled fish and green beans. No bread or dessert. I may have the red potatoes depending on the portion size of fish and beans.

Kim, do post w how you are feeling if you are up to it. That kind of pain is nasty.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 291.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, Dear Sweet Sharon..... I'm so glad you joined our community. You are smarter than the average bear and witty enough to make me laugh out loud with your sarcasm and general disdain for everyday nuisances(like your husband) . Even when it hurts like hell to laugh....
I guess this is what "hurts so good" feels like

I understand how the chocolate chip cookies made you sleep. chocolate and its calming effects and all....

But what is this mixture for breakfast/lunch? Do you eat this all together, or as a sort of cowboy scrambled egg and the apple oatmeal as a side?

Please tell me it's not all thrown together.... even reading that, I am not sure I could take it...

Not even you could be that strange.

huggs
k

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's what I was thinking about Sharon's b-fast combo. Haha...ew
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I have actually prescreened the subway choices and you are right.
But.. FYI the reg white original sub bread has the least calories of them all. Just sayin... I take the 9grain HW too cause i like it and I don't get cheese anyhow, so it evens out a bit.

I think that your biking is a good idea. There is more to be extracted from exercise if you can keep your heartrate at target peak. Even if you don't go as long as if you are just riding casually slow, the heart rate is the key to losing .
Grats on increasing your time too.

huggs
k

abnersmom replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, I made a rule for myself several years ago. I will not take a phone call or have a conversation at night that I think will be confrontational or disagreeable when I am tired. I absolutely refuse - won't answer the phone, will hang up, etc., etc. It can always wait until morning when I am refreshed and better able to handle things. to me, no conversation at all at night is better than a disagreeable one.

Of course, the exception is emergencies, but the folks that would call me in an emergency know my rule anyhow so if they called, I would answer.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - Don't exchange what you want MOST for what you want at the moment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Now that my daughter is 19 and busy with college, work and her boyfriend, I feel like it's time to focus on myself. I am 43 and I REALLY want to g...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.