Skip to content
Losing the resolve
mog1026 posted:
It's 4:58am haven't slept in two nights. Very stressed. Haven't tracked my food or weighed myself in 2 days. I've lost the food battle for over 24 hours and eaten too much. Hoping that today will be a good day and I'll be motivated to start again.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Kathy- I am sorry you are struggling. Are you not sleeping because you are worried about the eating or do you have personal stressors bothering you? Pamper yourself today and try to relax. Maybe get a nap if you can. I hope you feel up to your witty and encouraging self soon.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 291.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy Do you know what it was that has you upset enough to lose sleep over ? I every now and then eat too much but since I have no unhealthy foods in my house anymore it is all healthy stuff ... I just get right back on my healthy journey . I really think that you would probably sleep better and feel a lot better when you get the extra weight off .
it is a vicious circle when you have no sleep you get hunger in excess from being so tired . So getting sleep is important .
Just what is stressing you ? I used that serenity prayer a lot to help with my stress .. I used to worry too much about things I had no control over I had to let that go ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Good morning, Kathy. You are right! Today is a new day. This exact moment is a new beginning. I hope that you can find something today that takes your mind off your stressors that is not food oriented. Visit a good friend, watch a good movie, read a good book, whatever you love to do. Feel better soon and I'm glad you shared this with us. I think it helps to vent.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy....

I'm on this! LOL if you are losing it we SHALL FIND IT TOGETHER!

Resolve, Noun
The Firm Determination to DO SOMETHING

I found it, it's in the dictionary!
I also found this link that will help you figure out where the motivation to KEEP YOUR RESOLVE may have gone.
I've read it. It may help .

http://www.peertrainer.com/diet/how_to_get_the_motivation_to_lose_weight.htm

You may be more like me, Kathy. I cannot just keep doing and eating the same things. I just can't. It's not in my genetic makeup.
I love to cook and experiment with recipes.
Perhaps you should just take a day and do some experimenting with smoothies, and one dish meals, to get your mind actively SEEING your journey for what you FIRST envisioned it could be.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Kathy,

I hardly ever sleep so I feel your pain.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ladylavender responded:
I can empathize, Kathy. That's been my week, too. Can't sleep at night until after 4 a.m. That's for the birds. I go through spells like that. I'm sorry you are struggling. ((hugs))
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Thank you all for your empathy and good advice, but I'm sad to report that nothing worked. It's me believe me, it's not you. And the stress has been internal and external the last two days. I had a diagnosis I didn't expect to hear (not life threatening but I won't be dancing any time soon) and my husband left on a business trip to Elkhart Indiana yesterday morning and got caught up in the violent weather. He had a miserable time but I ended up worried sick because I didn't hear a word from him. He should have have flown out of Chicago to NYC in the early evening but he didn't drive in the driveway until almost 7am today and He wasn't answering his cell. It was my second night of no sleep and of course his too. We're too old for this! I I've been a mess all day and eaten food I have avoided since the first of the year. I mean I had a giant Costco croissant that I dug out of the bottom of the chest freezer in the garage and then ate it with Nutella. And then had a smoothie chaser. Of course I feel sick as a dog now because I've kept away from that high fat stuff long enough that my body is yelling "noooo!" And believe me that's not my full confession for the last 48 hours. What an idiot! I don't suppose a Hail Mary would help?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Well, Kathy, that happens to us all. I'm not a real worryer but I have times I just want to eat something I know isn't good for me. All I can say is just keep trying. So we mess up, just don't give up. This is a life long fight. I keep telling my daughter that too. Keep trying even when you mess up big time. We HAVE to or we will lose the fight and get some disease we don't really want.
Come on Kathy, you can do this.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber - your so young to be having sleep problems. Are you okay?

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Saying a Hail Mary. You might be surprised if you turn this around not much harm may come from this. You are going to feel better when you do. I felt better for the last 24 hours after my green drink smoothie with cucumber and spinach and ginger. I need to get another cucumber cause that one is gone...It's terrible that most every day I have processed unhealthy food, but I do have vegetables every day, and fruit unlike before when the numbers on my scale kept rising. Hope you feel better soon and this snag is behind you Kathy.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, have you posted that recipe for your green drink smoothie? If not, could you please? Is this a mood enhancer? Where did you find the recipe for it, unless it's your own, of course....

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to ausgram's response:
I am a worry wart. I have teenagers and they worry me constantly. Especially my daughter right now and if it wasn't that I would have other worries. My mind doesn't shut up. I can literally stay up for days, of course I am miserable if I do that but I can usually get a few hours of sleep. I have been to the doctor and it's not a health issue but a mental one. I have taken every sleep drug out there. It works to put me sleep but I don't stay asleep so now I just don't take any meds. Some nights I sleep and some I don't. I think it's a genetic thing. My grandmother had the same issue.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Aww, Amber, I'm sorry. Wow, your grandma had that issue too? Maybe once your kids get grown and have good careers you can not worry so much. Think? How's that affect your weight? i see you have done super good. Are you maintaining at 135?

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
If you are religious enough Kathy maybe a hail Mary might help /
I have been for a long time using the serenity prayer
you know that one that says to stop stressing over things we have no control over ....
and believe me eating doesn't make any stress better
I tried that and all I got was sicker and sicker ,, so now at the age of 71 I am the healthiest me I can be you can do it too .
get some of the junk out of the house better to waste it than to attach it to your waist...
I know you were worried about hubby but over eating junky foods doesn't help.... You should have posted on here to vent your stress.
So get started right away choosing better foods to eat .
that an order Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I turned 45 this year and told my doctor enough is enough, I need to do something about my weight (291 lbs.) before I have a heart attack and become d...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.