Skip to content
DAY 10, C2, Thursday, June 13
totallywiggedout posted:

5 lbs of FAT vs 5 lbs of LEAN MUSCLE

AHHHHH, THE PERFECT 10!

Today is the last day of C2. It's been a rough one for a lot of us. But it has done some good with ALL OF US.
Every little bit helps and every time we learn something that will help us along the journey, we come out winners.

Kim , C2, DAY 10

AM weigh in 179.6 lbs
Coffee, water, Holly and ME = A WALK

Good morning Ladies. I'll be back shortly.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

kalimiller responded:
Well, I ended up eating dinner really late last night. My depression kicked in pretty hard core and so I slept rather than make unwise choices of eating, cutting, or anything else.

Resulting in a morning weigh in of 191. I don't feel bad about it. I know why the numbers are showing what they are showing. I was expecting it.

Breakfast this morning is watermelon! Yay!
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

ausgram responded:
Ughs! What a picture. ha ha. Had a rough day yesterday. Didn't go anywhere so you would think I would have a handle on eating. Nope. I had 4 cookies I took out of the freezer and ate them frozen.

Aus - C2, Day 10

AM weigh in 188 lbs.

Well, I will keep working on this. I'll be gone all day today. A long drawn out funeral. Starting across Denver, then back to their house, then to the church. Won't get home till late.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that if I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yoursel

brokeinside responded:
walked a little today because I need to run some errands and ate roasted chicken satued vegetable a cup of rice 2 eggs and cone of ice cream for dessert. too much eh? l
CW 181 SW 181 GW 150
I'm so far behind I might run over myself

totallywiggedout replied to brokeinside's response:
Was this breakfast, Broke?
It sounds like you are maybe NOT in the US because it's pretty early here yet....

As for your intake so far... Too Much is relative. The choices in and of themselves weren't too bad, but it would certainly depend on the SIZE of your PORTIONS as to whether it was "too much food".
If you are fixing your meals for yourself. I'd like to make a few suggestions based on THIS menu that you've already eaten.

With the roasted chicken, take the skin off, and eat a SINGLE SERVING which is the size and weight of a deck of cards.

The sauteed veggies, make sure that you use a 0 calorie cooking spray instead of oil or butter. If you MUST use oil, use the "heart healthy" kinds like extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil or grapeseed oil, and ONLY about 1 Tblsp at most for your entire dish.

A cup of rice is alot. Sorry. It has alot of calories and not really much nutrition. Especially if it's white rice. Switch to brown rice and get better nutritional value, and only have 1/2 cup COOKED and then add something like frozen peas and carrots and 1 Tblsp of slivered almonds to make a Pilaf instead of just the rice to make up for the whole cup that you ate.

2 eggs won't kill you, but if you can, try to use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white (seperate out the yolk of the other and 1. feed it to your dog or cat with their food or 2. refridgerate it and use it in a smoothie, or add skim milk to it and make a slice of french toast for tomorrows breakfast.)

Soft serve icecream has less fats than regular scoopable icecream, but it is still high in sugars , thus calories.
If you MUST have some on a cone, fill it yourself and only to just a bit over the rim of a regular "cake" cone and NOT a sugar cone. Cake cones have WAY less calories and sugars than the sugar cones and waffle cones.

Again, size matters when you are talking about servings that you eat. You MUST pay attention to not only WHAT you eat, but HOW MUCH.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, frozen cookies... can't say I haven't done the same thing. Weird how they stay somewhat chewy even when frozen, huh?

Is this funeral for someone close to you guys or just one of your hubby's parishoners?

have a safe trip. Hope to see you on later.

huggs
k

SharonNVirginia responded:
Love the comparison of fat to muscle, Kim. I hope your walk means you're feeling better.

Yesterday's overload on sodium results in today's 2 lb. weight
gain. Also I was low on water intake yesterday. Didn't get to the gym for my 80 cal workout and went over by 300 calories.

weigh in 226.2
blood glucose 118 (should be 100 or lower)

.5 red pepper, sauteed in Pammed pan until starting to brown
2 eggs scrambled with 1 T of skim milk, poured over above
heat lowered to low, barely disturbing the eggs just continuing to lift off the pan achieving a perfect custardlike texture. Then roll them on to a small decorative plate, pre-heated in a 200 deg. oven. Pour 4 T. of Kirkland Organic Salsa medium hot (available at Costco in 55 gallon drums) into saute pan, swish around until it starts to bubble and then pour over eggs.

1 oz of Jimmy Dean spicy sausage.
raspberry lime seltzer.

I love my kitchen scale. It is at least 20 years old and still puttering along. Weight is a much more precise measurement than volume and divisible by smaller parts. 1 oz of sausage would have been difficult to estimate by volume.

When I was on Weight Watchers, I couldn't kick my ice cream habit. But I discovered I could reduce it. I had a dish of ice cream 3 times a week before WW and estimated my serving size as 1.5 cups. On weight watchers I learned to budget my calories to allow for a .5 cup serving 3 times a week which I ate by tiny spoonsful making my .5 cup last as long as DH's 1.5 cup. Like Laura says, "baby steps".
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

brokeinside replied to totallywiggedout's response:
yes our country is 13 hours ahead in central region in the us. so the food I mentioned was for dinner. I work on night shifts. 8 pm to 5 am in our country and 7 am to 4 pm in central region. I eat food that was sold in the office pantry and I dont have really time preparing my meal and I also live alone.
Im pretty sure it was all 785 calories >.<
CW 181 SW 181 GW 150
I'm so far behind I might run over myself

Just back from a walk. It isn't that hot in DC but the humidity is like a steam room. Our neighborhood is very hilly. According to my Cardio app I walked .76 miles burning 77 calories in 20 minutes. Perceived effort much harder than the elliptical at the gym. My spinal cord hurts. It swells in response to pain which leads to a vicious cycle. Off to bed and Aleve. and water. lots of water,.
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130

kalimiller replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
God helps, nothing should be feared. For ever. Direct us, O Lord To high places by narrow roads. Such is the path to the stars. Ever upward.

^Rough translation of my signature quote
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

justmejust replied to brokeinside's response:
Glad you are posting brokeinside. That is a good step to do. I have eaten that much. When I behave better, I might start with gradual changes, like one egg instead of two or maybe 2/3 the chicken, etc. Keep or double the vegetables to fill you up!

Here is my food today, and it is not role model food, so hope it doesn't affect you brokeinside. I am struggling. I felt better today after yesterday's green drinks of spinach, cucumber, etc.

Weight today 209
Breakfast
tall coffee frappacino light
banana chocolate chip coffee cake
Lunch
half steak n shake single burger
fries
half vanilla shake
Will make green smoothie later today!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I am feeling better Sharon. Thanks. It's still a little "pingy" especially if I try to dig around on the bottom shelf of the fridge or somewhere in the dark corners of the lower cabinets, but , it's getting there.
I know enough not to stress myself on my walks. It's only a mile and I walk it at the pace my hip/back or groin pain dictates. If I'm feeling very good, not often, then I let Holly "have her head" like in horseracing and she's off. Right at the end of her lead and I'll keep up so that there's no pull. Like I said, on the other 93% of the days, she pulls and I lag , but at least her pulling helps me get up the hills easier, lol
I'd never race the Identarod without a "pulling" dog , why walk witout one?

Today called for a heat index of 110. ONE HUNDRED AND TEN!!!!
I walked at 8 and it was already 96 and rising, but so far it's only 100 deg outside without the added fun stuff like humidity and dew point. Consequently, we are inside a fairly darkened house blessed with A/C.

I need to mow, but will either wait till midnight if it cools off or get up at, GASP, 430 am to do it and disturb the neighbors... Nah, in this neighborhood it's likely I'd get shot at, lol

huggs
k

totallywiggedout responded:
Kim , DAY 10, C2

Breakfast was a vanilla Zoic protein shake

AM snack was a handfull of small natural almonds with 3 Tblsp raisins

Lunch was a Smart Protein power bar.... too hot to really want to eat right now. Plus I "caught" what Kathy had last week, and the added fiber in the protein stuff hopefully will help without filling me up further .

I did get into the cheeos (OOOHHHHH NOOOOO! ... YES! Muah haha ahhahahaaa,evil laugh) I only ate about 10 though, seriously NOT what I wanted but still... I wish every cheeto that rolls off the conveyor was stale, it'd make them MUCH harder to want to eat.

And so, tonight I have no idea what everyone will have for dinner. Nothing has fallen out onto my foot from the freezer so I'm still floundering for ideas.
I'm thinking something with chicken......

huggs
k

1/8 of costco fresh tomato and basil pizza-no nutritional data on pkg.

greek salad with chicken breast

we are about to have a large storm. Our house generally experiences outages so, if I go dark that's why
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130

SharonNVirginia replied to totallywiggedout's response:
1/8 of Costco fresh tomato and basil pizza

greek salad with chicken breast

water, water, water.

we are in for a severe storm. Our house regularly loses power in these, so if I go dark know that I'll be back. Hope I don't slow results for the challenge.

Love and cocker spaniel kisses,

Sharon
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just saw the group for the first time today. Hello, three years ago I was a size 24, now I am an 8 and have one size to go. I had a hard time with s...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.