Skip to content
weight loss surgery
acadiaxx posted:
I am stuck on my diet ..have lost alot thanx to mesotherapy and to HCG ...but now i am stuck and i have flaps trying to avoid any surgery ..i went from 370 pounds to 247 pounds ...and i have been depressed the past months and have gone to 283 and restarted and am down to 279...i dont know what to do so i am not in a roller coaster i cannot get off...any feedback will be welcome..thanx

blondie454u responded:
It can't be a diet. It has to be a lifestyle change. Diets are a temporary fix. That's why they don't work. You have to change they way you eat and exercise for life! Eat whole foods and nothing that is processed. Don't eat canned or pre made food that comes in boxes or containers. Be an avid ingredient reader for the things you buy. Make your own sauces with fresh food. The web is full of information on how to prepare healthy meals using fresh food. If you are a busy person make meals in advanced. Keep containers of pre cut fruits and veggies for easier and faster access.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u responded:
Also great job on the 123lb loss. That's amazing!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SharonNVirginia responded:
acadiaxx,

Everyone here is encouraging and helpful. We are glad you are here. You have lost 91 pounds! You are my hero. Don't worry about your rebound, instead focus on how you have changed as a person. You must have thrown off some bad habits to have lost so much. Have you tried walking, or if that's too hard swimming? Not only is it good for toning your reduced body, it is a holistic antidepressant.

When you were heavier, did you think it was impossible to lose 90 pounds? You changed your mind and did it. I believe you can lose the rest of it. Have you tried the Webmd diet and fitness tracker? It motivates me to get better each day.

This is a (mostly) healthy eating group. read all the blogs and you'll get loads of good ideas.
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome, Sweety.
Man, you have lost A LOT of weight. Good for you!
Log in on this community and click the RESOURCES option at left. We have compiled a really good Recipes discussion that has several Homemade (by our members) recipes and a whole bunch of great links to sites that we have tried some recipes from and liked enough to share with our friends here.

You will also find our EXERCISE discussion there. Check that out too while you are in resources.... that is also very helpful for getting in your daily "burn" goal.

Start up a food and fitness planner here on WebMd or Fitday.com or Livestrong.com or someplace. Doing so, you will be able to determine just how many calories and how much exercise to shoot for on a daily basis.

Join our discussions often. It's great fun, and you may just take away some information to help with your journey.

glad you came to us.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust responded:
Welcome acadiaxx. You are doing great on your weight loss. I don't have that much experience with excess skin yet. I know how disappointing it might be Perhaps try to focus on nutrition and health, including healthy organs and less diseases in your body. Maybe hold steady like you are doing and then start up again after your body/skin has a little more time to adjust. A few easy weight bearing exercises for your arms, legs, abdomen, etc. can help to build muscle a little beneath. I don't know if deep water exercise with a group or alone would be helpful, they are fun and that part would be a helpful thing. Keep hydrated to keep your skin nourished and if your skin is neglected maybe soak in a bath and afterward put on some creme or lotion, even a dab of olive oil is healthy to the skin and goes far. Any little bit is going to help in the short and long term. Chin up! We all have parts of our bodies that don't work or do what we want. A friend once told me she used the gratitude for having two feet to walk! Gratitudes for what is good about us helps us keep a more positive attitude. We all have issues, right? I am having new ones every few years, and I hope to change that.
Thanks for posting! We would love to hear more, so please feel free...
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome acadiaxx. Congratulations on your prior weight loss AND getting back on track before you gained too much.

As everyone else has said, most of us are health food nuts! No processed foods, we stay away from white carbs and watch our nutrients carefully. Stick with us and we cheer you on to Onederland!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have been reading discussions and need all the help I can get. I am 66, work sedentary job as med transcriptionist at home in very rural Utah, a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.