Skip to content
Will I lose the wieght?
An_252328 posted:
Hello, I just had a question for you guys. I am 5"3 female and have been dieting lately. I would like to lose about 15 lbs. I've tried super strict dieting but it won't last long. So I'm trying the recommended fitness plan from this site (1,050 calories a day). I am also lightly active. Do you think that over a year or so I could lose this weight by dieting this way?

mog1026 responded:
Are you kidding? If you really just want to lose 15 lbs it should only take you two months or so before it is gone. Good luck!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

jis4judy responded:
Hi anon welcome ! I am going to give you the same advice as I would anyone else with more weight to remove . try to eat as healthy as you can avoid processed foods and stay away from baked goods focus your choices on fresh fruits and vegies whole grains lean meats fat free milk and yogurt get you healthy fats from small servings of nuts . drink more water stay away from diet foods and drinks they are prccessed junk
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
An_2328, welcome.
As far as the food planner goes, it's great, but don't forget that it's a food AND FITNESS planner. Diet and exercise go hand in hand for any lasting weight loss. Get in the habit now because you'll be upping your exercise output from now on.

It's easy. Just like a walk in the park. In fact, that's exactly what I suggest to everyone, a daily walk. One to three miles, depending on your time constraints. It doesn't have to be 3 miles all at once. Walking is walking. If you split it up it's still exercise.
If you work, park as far away from your jobsite as possible. If you are above street level, take the stairs. EVERY TIME.

If you switch to whole , non processed foods, cook at home so you know exactly what is IN your foods and just up your exercise output a bit, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to hit your goal within 3 months. That's even including a small plateau or two. ... Average recommendation of the MOST to lose is 2 lbs a week, healthfully. Any more than that and you are robbing your body of nutrients.

As Judy says, nutrition is key. Feed your body what it needs, don't starve it for anything. It's so much nicer to do it slowly and get it right. To eat like you really can and SHOULD and NOT have to starve. You'll see.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten great advice so welcome!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.