Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fourth of July Makeover
SharonNVirginia posted:
On Independence Day, we all pile in the car and head down to the Pentagon Parking Lot. Paving cuts down on the mosquito population. We are joined by other people and we pass the time from 6pm til 9:30 when the Washington Monument fireworks begin throwing a football around, playing soccer and ...eating fried chicken.

On that day, nobody is aware of how many pieces I eat and boy do I eat a lot. So I was thinking: how can I make this over?

Usually I drink Coca-cola so this time it will be unsweetened seltzer or iced tea. But what do I do about the rest of the Menu and any ideas for controlling myself?

Heres the menu:
Popeyes fried chicken
biscuits
fried onion rings
red beans and rice
mashed potatoes
cole slaw
potato salad
cookies
watermelon

Your wisdom will be appreciated.
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy responded:
I would choose the red beans and rice a small amount of cole slaw top it off with watermelon and you could have 1 piece of the fried chicken .. your Ice tea sounds good
Now how does that sound you avoid the potatoes cookies and biscuits
You could even have 1 or 2 onion rings if they are good ..
and stay active most of the time while avoiding the potato dishes and breads you can make it almost healthy with these choices at least not too bad if you can enjoy the fried chicken without the crusty part removing it would be healthier.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
OR,
you could peel the skin off the chicken, remove the meat from the bone, shred it with your fork, mix in some coleslaw, split one of the biscuits and top it with the chicken mixture.
Eat it open faced to save some calories and fat and have the watermelon for dessert.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
I pack my own food when I go to functions like this.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well lets see, i am 38 years old and at my heaaviest i was 284. I have struggles with weight since i was 6. well i didnt try to lose weight then but i...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.