Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food and Exercise Sunday
jis4judy posted:
Hi Ladies as requested by Kathy we will be making a new discussion each day with our daily food and exercise

Today I had Breakfast

3.1 oz orange

1/2 c bran flakes

1/4 C each Kashi heart to heart and crunchy pecan great grains

3.1oz strawberries

1/2 C fat free milk

1 C black nothing added coffee

I plan to have a salad for lunch with mixed greens including raw spinach cucumber tomato red onion avocado and bell pepper

Dinner will be at a restaurant
plan to have prime rib or lobster Not sure of the other parts new place my daughter is taking us out for fathers day

thats all I have so far

exercise I plan a nice morning walk as soon as I get dressed LOl
Hugs Judy feel free to add your foods to this list and anyone can start one tomorrow
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Okay I'll start

Yesterday - complete and utter disaster. I'm going to forget it happened. Isn't this a good challenge?

Today - I swear I'll do better even if it is Father's Day and the kids are coming and we are sure to eat as we celebrate The Dad! I am really going to try to only have an apple after dinner. That's my hardest time and when I always screw up. Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Okay. I love this challenge. Miracles do happen in the modern world. After inhaling everything I could find yesterday, I got on the scale and I was down over a pound. Yippee! Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
More...I'm sorry to keep hogging this thread but I'm even more excited than I was half an hour ago. I just dug out some summer clothes for the first time ( it's been cold here so far) and on a whim I tried on a pretty tee shirt that's been too small for years and years. OMG, I'm wearing it today! The arms aren't tight, it doesn't stretch across my tummy or hips, it's another miracle! Wow! And I'm not at all sure I'd be here without you all. There's a loooong way to go, but this feels so good

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
that is so totally awesome Kathy nothing motivates us more than fitting into clothes that used to be tight congrats kiddo you had a scale victory and a non scale victory double congrats Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, before I post my daily intake and stuff.... I just HAVE TO congratulate you on your NSV and SV ! Both are stupendous news, but man o man, that TShirt makes me deliriously happy for you. Picture a pig doin a jig! I'm DANCING with joy for you!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout responded:
kim, Sunday, Father's Day...

1 mint chocolate chip Cliff's Builder's Protein Bar
32 oz of water
Coffee w/ stevia

Late lunch will be Skinny Fruits Pineapple slices with 1/3 cup ff cottage cheese

Late dinner again tonight.... and I cringe at the thought...
Rib Eye steakes on the grill, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes (Im having a sweet potato with mine). This is OUR father's day celebration time, since the kids all work until about 8pm.

That's the PLAN anyhow. If I still can't face meat for dinner, I'll probably just cook mine and save it for tomorrow.
If that's what happens, the veggies will be dinner for me.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Woohoo, Kathy!! Wear that tee shirt with pride.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

abnersmom responded:
I posted mine on a different thread earlier, but..

Breakfast: 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1/2 pat butter, 1 egg scrambled with other 1/2 pat of butter, 1/2 C cherries

Lunch: Large salad, romaine, baby spinach, carrots, shredded red cabbage, cucumber, 1 oz. cheese, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar dressing

Afternoon snack will be: apple and/or cherries

Supper will be: 2 small lamb chops (broiled), 2 C. steamed broccoli, and 1 small white potato (I use a tbsp of skim milk and I Can't believe it's not Butter spray to mush up the potato)

Ran 3 miles; weeded sister's hosta bed, did laundry, changed sheets.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia replied to abnersmom's response:
And thanks Debbie for the good role-modeling. I didn't scroll down far enough to see before.

Debbie, your lunch could never hold me for the afternoon. I seem to require a chicken breast in addition to the salad. Have you always been able to manage on so little, or did you work up to it?

Love and cocker spaniel kisses,

Sharon
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

justmejust replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
1 mile walk Weight 208.4 Core exercises Breakfast 2 egg omelet 1cup onion, tomato, yellow pepper, spinach Cup 1% milk Cup Coffee Lunch .5 cup pasta with broccoli 1 BBQ pork sandwich 1 devil egg 1/4 cup Fruit salad Garden lettuce and radish .5 serv potato chips 6 m n ms, 1/4" yellow cake white icing Dinner Salmon Salad salmon, romain, lite ranch
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
well to continue my fathers day food
queen size prime rib I did share it and brought some home for the puppy

I did have a salad for lunch

Dinner was
prime rib and stuffed shrimp
garlic mashed potato I just ate a little my Hubby devoured the majority of these .
I had a vegie mix of a few slices carrot maybe 2 florets of cauliflower 1 broccoli floret very small serving of vegies

dessert was cantaloupe honey dew strawberries pineapple
My son sent an edible arrangement to my hubby
late night snack was 1/3 C fat free plain greek yogurt and 1/3 c blueberries. thats it for the whole day Breakfast on my first post
the shocking thing was when I added it all into fitday the calories were fine it was the fat and sodium content that was horrible my foods were 50% fat thats more than double my usual amount and I didn't even have nuts
and my fiber was only 20 I usually get 35 or more grams fiber
and I weighed in today the very same as I did yesterday 151
Hugs Judy:)

abnersmom replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I guess I'm used to it now Sharon, but when I say a large salad, I mean it. I load a dinner plate with greens and then add the other veggies. It is huge and fills me up. I do have an afternoon snack around 4 to tide me over to dinner. I do have 1/2 a chicken breast with the salad some days. I was trying to take off those FL lbs. so I cut back a little more than my maintenance calories. Happy to say back to maintenance weight!!!

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
LOL, Laura... I SAW THAT!! You really tried to sneak in that piece of yellow cake , running it all together without any commas.... sneaky YOU! wink wink.
At least I now know that the old Laura is still in there at the core of that pod person....

I'm totally in awe of your new eating routine though , Laura. But did you notice? the day you DIDN'T have your green drink, you ate a sweet.... was that a coincidence or was there less craving for sweets when you got your greenie in?

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie congrats on bringing your weight back down from the vacay.. and Judy, as always , you astound me with your choices and still being able to bring it all in at or under daily goal. The sodium is what gets me when I go out to eat too. It seems unavoidable. If you don't put it in yourself, you have NO SAY about what's added.

huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just graduated from university with my Bachelor of Science in Psychology! Unfortunately, that's not all I gained from college lol. Hopefully I w...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.