Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
As of June 18th it will be 8 weeks since my gastric bypass surgery...
pinkisnancy posted:
Its hard to believe its been 2 months now. The scar is fading nicely, I have settled into a regular routine of vitamins (still in liquid/gel form), poultry and fish, fresh/steamed veggies, fresh/soft fruits, and liquids like crystal light, water, and decafe iced tea.

I've lost 39 lbs (and holding again, sigh), I spend 5 days each week, for at least one hour, at the gym on treadmill and reclining bike, or walking the track. I still eat just under 1/4 cup of food per meal. I haven't felt hungry, or pain in weeks, and I don't have any real cravings... its more of 'missing crunching, chewing, or scents of certain foods' but not actually wanting to eat them.

I have found out my friends have ordered 'fashion catalogs' to be sent to my house now. lol... they said I should get into the mind frame of buying clothes that 'don't hide my body so much' lol. Its one of the reasons they are my friends... they keep me on my toes!

My moods are very upbeat lately, I am enjoying meeting people, and just hanging out with out the need to 'order something to eat', and I'm enjoying cooking bbqs for my friends with out needing to 'sample' the foods. I cook now for the shear pleasure of it, not to eat. Instead I invite friends over to join me for a great meal, and while they eat, I chatter away to my hearts content. Things are improving daily.

Thank you for being in cyberspace and on this path with me.
Starting out at 310-04/21/2013-Bariatric Gastric-Bypass 04/24/2013-And then the follow-up. Fingers are not crossed, because this doesn't have to do with luck... it has to do with ME, and I am Pink.

mog1026 responded:
Oh Pink it's great to hear from you! And to hear that your progress is sooo terrific! I just said to Abby yesterday that we might not have heard from you lately because your life was going so well and you were happy, and here you are proving me right. You are a poster girl for how this procedure is supposed to work and I couldn't be happier for you.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

ladylavender responded:
Ditto what Kathy said, Pink. I'm very happy for you!!! Thank you for the update.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout responded:
Ah, jeez, what can I say that Kathy and Abby haven't already said so well?
It warms my heart to hear about how happy you are. Your friends truly are keepers. That idea of sending fashion mags to you was just "the best".
I love that you are fixing foods without fixating ON them. That's great.
Your having shared and sharing your journey with us has been a blessing. To see how it has affected you and that it can be done right, is truly inspirational. As is this wonderful HAPPY person that you have become as you spread your wings and soar into different directions that you didn't think possible before your surgery.
You are a star in my eyes. You deserve the joy that is now coming your way in leaps and bounds.
Please post as often as you can. Your journey is so uplifting.
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Congrats, Pink, on your continued success. You sound so happy. Like Kim says, your post is so uplifting. Sounds like you've got lots of support from flesh and blood friends as well as us virtual ones.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Wow, Pink!

You are doing great. 39 pounds in 2 months! Have you been keeping measurements, too?

I am so happy to hear you don't feel deprived and impressed you can exercize for an hour. I'll bet you will soon notice your legs and feet don't hurt like they used to.

Those fashion magazines will give you ideas for treats and rewards for yourself for sticking with it.

How about more regular updates? Inquiring minds want to know.

Love, and cocker spaniel kisses,

Sharon
CW 229 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy responded:
Hi Pink
so glad to hear you are doing well I think you hit on something I used to tell the members social gatherings don't have to mean food indulgences pay more attention to the other guests socialize and don't focus so much on what is being served .
I love that you can still enjoy cooking thats great ..
and 39 pounds in 2 months big scale victory
I also love your positive frame of mind ..I am sure that helps a lot .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

pinkisnancy replied to jis4judy's response:
(((HUGS))) to all of you! I will be doing my first Monthly check in with the surgeon on the 27th, and I found I needed to go down 3 sizes in my workout clothes! It all still blows me away when I see the changes happening.

Don't get me wrong... there are days when the blues creep in, but I usually find if they do, I head to the gym and get on the bike. and pump up my mood that way.

I'll let you know how it goes in the check up. Stay true to you!
Starting out at 310-04/21/2013-Bariatric Gastric-Bypass 04/24/2013-And then the follow-up. Fingers are not crossed, because this doesn't have to do with luck... it has to do with ME, and I am Pink.

ausgram replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Wow Pink, your doing so good. Thats so great. I need to take a lesson on your exercise. Keep on keeping on. Congratulations on your success and I know it will continue.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout replied to pinkisnancy's response:
AHEM..... PICTURES , Pink!! Gimme Gimme! I'd love to see you in your OLD workout clothes and then another in the NEW ones....
PLEASE????? I won't ask again for another month.....

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Lewc62 replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Congratulations! You're an inspiration.

pinkisnancy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I'll have to dig them out and do a photo Kim... I wasn't one to have photos done very often, and avoided cameras.

ok.... update time; Ok I'm back from the doctor's as of today. He has me on Pepcid OTC, and said the vomiting might continue on and off for another month or two, as a side effect of my body readjusting. Weight loss is on target, and he's very pleased with it, also we did a full screening for levels of protein, vitamins and minerals in my system, (I'll get results later next week from lab). So for the most part, I am where I am supposed to be. In two months, since surgery, I have lost 42 lbs. Thank you everyone for your support during this.

healthnutt responded:
Hi Nancy I just had the GBS too on 5/30 and read your story glad to hear that you are doing good.

totallywiggedout replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Pink!! I'd been wondering where you had gone off to...
Well if you have to dig out old pics at least now, FORTY TWO POUNDS LIGHTER (!!?) you'll be able to get down on your hands and knees if you need to look under the bed for an album.... Jeez Pink... That's alot of weight...
You posted your medical update... now I want how you FEEL. mmmm hmmmmm..... Your joints must be just singing this operations' praises by now. Knees better, ankles and feet feeling less fatigued? Walking better?
What types of exercises are you doing ? What size were you and are you NOW????? Gimme gimme.... I can't take this suspense... and yes I'd like those pics please.

lol

Yeh, yeh, i don't want much do i?

huggs
k

SharonNVirginia responded:
Pink,

Congrats on your progress. You are a very brave and stoic woman.

Please forgive my ignorance here. You can only eat .25 cup at a time. How many meals do you have in a day? I noticed in your latest post that the docs will be checking your nutrient levels. That got me to thinking, how do you get enought to sustain you after you have lost your excess fat? I mean, I see that you are burning up your fat reserves now, but what about when you are a Skinnie Minnie? Do you have to take a load of supplements, or does a Centrum Silver do it?

There are probably folks reading this who are considering GBS right now who would love to get more details from a woman who took the plunge.

Love,
Sharon
CW 221.6 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently took the plunge into stay-at-home mom-hood. I have four children, ranging in age from 1.5 to 17; two are step-children and two are by pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.