Skip to content
Food & Exercize Monday June 17, 2013
SharonNVirginia posted:
Good Morning Sleepyheads!

How did it happen that I open the post?>

Here's my rundown: I ate 40 grams of white flour carbs at lunch yesterday. This was a disaster. The rest of the day I was hungry, cranky and bloated. It kicked off an unhealthy eating spree.

So, Smug Sharon, who found it so easy to stick to a low carb diet has had her comeuppance. Back to low carb drawing board.

Weight 225.8 +3 from yesterday

breakfast:
water and two scrambled eggs with 2 T skim milk

Let's get out there and kick some butt (our own, preferably)

Love and Cocker Spaniel kisses,
Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
that's a good start to you day Sharon
My day to day started as usual
Breakfast

2.8oz orange

2.5 oz strawberries

1/2 C bran flakes

1/4 C each great grain chrunchy ocean and Kashi heart to heart

1/2 C fat free milk

1 C black coffee

Plan for lunch is Boneless skinless chicken breast a side salad a green vegie a non green vegie and water water and more water
2 C green tea with lemon
will update the evening meal later
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Breakfast:

1/2 C. old fashioned oatmeal, 1 tbsp. skim milk, 1/4 C. blueberries, 1 tbsp. walnuts, coffee

Lunch Roamaine and baby spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette, 1 C. cherries

Afternoon snack: probably apple and 1 oz. cheese

Supper: chicken of some sort with 2 yellow squash and 1 zucchini roasted with 1 tbsp olive oil, onion and garlic
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 replied to abnersmom's response:
Wow! I think I'm having a lightbulb moment here. Judy and Debbie weigh less than I do because they eat more cleanly and they eat a lot less of even the clean good food. A LOT LESS!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Sigh. So I did half the day really right and half the day really wrong yesterday. And this is my punishment....I weigh the same. I just become a fallen woman after the sun goes down. I think I relax and all the nervous energy comes out. This is clearly going to be my biggest challenge going forward. I eat good for me foods, but way too much. My plan today is to have a bit of cereal now and then have a tuna fish sandwich for lunch. You wouldn't know this, but tuna fish is a NSV for me. I haven't eaten tuna in about 40 years because I really don't care for much fish. I have made myself include tuna and sole the last few weeks so I can get some omega 3 from my diet. Unfortunately fried clams and fish and chips seem to be permanently off the menu. Thanks for posting Judy and Debbie. It helps to see how it should be done.

totallywiggedout responded:
Good Morning Sharon, Judy, Debbie, et al.
Got Michael up, fed and off to work.
AM walk with Holly done and over with.

Last night, I had my steak and ate it too. I don't feel too badly about it since it was the first meat and ONLY meat of the day.
Couldn't face it till about 8 pm but since it was my turn to grill, it smelled just too good to pass up.

Went to see The Purge last night, another good movie. I'm on a roll, or I should say, the Production companies are... at least for this Summer.
Unfortunately, there are too many that I want to see this week. Still on the menu is Now You See Me. As long as I go to the matinee, I may just be able to afford it, lol

Breakfast ; coffee with unsweetened dutch cocoa powder/stevia, 32 oz of water, 1/2 can of skinny fruits pineapple chunks with juice and 1/3 cup ff cottage cheese

Lunch will be : imit. Krab salad, 1/2 a small avocado, 1/2 med tomato and a sprinkle of lime juice over a bed of baby spinach leaves/iceburg lettuce

PM Snack: 1 fr vanilla Zoic protein shake

Dinner : Sm baked potato with black bean/corn salsa sprinkled with ff shredded cheddar .

I plan to do a Wii sports session of 30 min, a 12 Min Seated Core session and a short evening walk with Bowzer today also.

Have a great day sweethearts!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, have you ever tried tuna patties? I've made em a few times and they are really good. wanna try em?
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
No no no to tuna patty, tuna melt, tuna noodle casserole...I HATE TUNA! ( remember its sort of white ) I can eat my tuna sandwich if it has lots of celery, a huge thick slice of tomato, lots of red onion, and a hunk of romaine lettuce.....so that I can't even tell the tuna is there But thanks for the offer Kim. Maybe when I'm a little further evolved.

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
That's ok Kathy. Just let me know when you stop swinging in the trees and peeling bananas with your feet. I'll be waiting.... LOL

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy I sometimes add solid white tuna packed in water to my salads it isn;t bad with my vinager based dressing I take fish oil caps because I hate fish so much

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I have Nordic Oil in the mail as we speak. A knee doctor last week told me to start taking a 1000 mg capsule in the am and one in the pm. I'm praying there's no fishy burp involved.

KIM - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha No really hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy I have been taking the fish oil for many years almost 10 and I never get any fishy burps Maybe because I take it with food not on an empty tummy..
I buy mine in Costco . Hugs Judy:)

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Kathy, I take fish oil supplements daily as well. I used to get fish burps (nasty when you hate fish to begin with), but they have improved them and I don't get the burps anymore.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Mid morning snack 5.3 oz nectarine

Lunch aka Dinner

4.7 Oz boneless skinless chicken breast

0.3 C cooked brown rice

0.2 C mushrooms cooked

1.5 C broccoli flowerets

Side salad
1.5 C mixed greens including raw spinach

1 tiny tomato

0.25 of large red pepper

3 slice cucumber

4 black olives

1 thin slice raw red onion

1 T wishbone robusto dressing

1 T red wine vinegar

total so far is 797 cals
took a nice 55 minute walk hubby is walking faster I think
also scrubbed the bathtub and did some weeding outdoors in garden

Later in the day the plan is to have 2 cups of green tea with lemon and ginger around 4:45 some cherries and later pistachio nut 2 oz in shell
then around 7ish pm my yogurt and berries with honey

that the plan we shall see how it unfolds if enough leeway in cals there maybe popcorn air popped in the plan

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hi guys,

Seriously back on the low carb bandwagon. Had a very cranky day. Headaches, hunger and muzzy-headedness.

Lunch:
Big salad with yogurt dressing
lamb kebab

Afternoon snack:
homemade guacamole
celery sticks.
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

I going through menopause and gained 10 pounds to my top weight of 240. I am 5'10', so people told me I carried my weight well, but the bottom...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.