Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello everybody
j9Celeste posted:
I've been reading some of the posts and appreciate how you have been concerned for me and my husband.

Things are kind of settling down finally. My three weekends in the cities went very well and I so happy I was able to get down there for all of the festivities.

The second weekend I went to my sister's graduation after having had surgery on Wednesday. The surgery went really well. It was quick and the pain immediately after the surgery was less than it was before. The two scars have been healing well and I had the stitches out last week.

The surgeon repaired some damaged cartilage and ground down some bone spurs. We are all hoping that this will delay a knee replacement for a few years.

My husband is out of the woods. After they discovered the kidney failure they did a ton of tests, all of which were painful for him since they involved entering his body through a sensitive area. The urologist had asked my husband if he had ever broken his pelvis and he did in our car accident two years ago. They found that it had damaged his prostate and it needed some work. They did a "TURP" procedure (look it up if you're interested). The surgery took a couple of hours and he stayed over one night in the hospital. This was on Friday, and on Tuesday they took the catheter out to see if he could void. They decided he could go without it and we came home. The next day he had gone eleven hours without voiding so we called the surgeon. He said that he had a 2:00 opening and if he hasn't gone by noon to come in. at 10:00 he passed a blood clot and has been able to void since then. He still has blood in his urine, but they said that could last up to six weeks. He can't life more than five pounds for another four weeks, so I'm glad my knee is feeling better so I can help him out.

I'm slowly getting back into a routine and it's kind of hard after being out of things for so long. But my biggest step is getting back into a healthy lifestyle. I know that after I've been doing this longer than five months I'll be able to maintain the lifestyle through anything, but this time I wasn't able to. But I'm back in the saddle and it feels great.

I'll be able to start walking this week and I'm excited. Our snow is finally gone and our grass and trees are green. We even had a fabulous spring thunderstorm last night.

Thank you again for always being here even when I'm gone for a while.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
So good to hear from you Celeste I am glad things went well with the surgery ... scary stuff for you hubby though
Be sure to join us in the newest challenge it is a daily food and exercise post . read it over then decide if you would like to participate..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Glad you're back Celeste! Missed you something fierce.
I read that your hubby had to pass a clot so he could void and I winced... I bet THAT was fun!
Anyway. I'm very glad that his proceedure went well too.
Your knee should do a whole lot better without the spurs. I had them grow in under my knee cap after one of my accidents and they were a total bear to live with. So, even if it doesn't completely fix the problem, it eliminates a big part of it. Glad that you are feeling and walking better already. Isn't modern surgery grand?
And I bet "climbing back into the saddle" was far easier with the knee repair!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
My knee girl is back! Hooray! So glad everything has turned out well with both surgeries. Abby is the web whisperer. She just has to murmur your names and you and Pink show up again! With all that stress it would take a saint to eat like one, but don't worry you'll get started again. Just think how easy it will be if you can walk for exercise!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

blondie454u responded:
Glad things are looking better for you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

ladylavender responded:
Happy to hear from you, too. Glad your knee is improving! Sounds like your husband has been in some serious pain; what a relief for both of you that he is doing better.

Sure enjoy seeing you back on the board again. Thank you for updating us. You will be loping along in that saddle again in no time.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Cute, Kathy. A "Whisperer" I am not.

Thank you, though.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

abnersmom responded:
Great to hear from you, Celeste. So glad things are looking up for you and your hubby!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rachael2011 responded:
Am glad you are back and posting. And that you and your hubby are doing better!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 291.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

j9Celeste responded:
Thank you all for the warm welcome back. I feel the love.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

SharonNVirginia replied to j9Celeste's response:
Hi Celeste!

I am glad to meet you. You have really passed through the wringer stresswise lately.

Being back in the saddle again probably is a relief.

Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 responded:
So Celeste, my little knee buddy, it's so great your surgery has helped you and maybe you are off the knee topic and salsa dancing every night. But just in case you are still interested, mine haven't improved at all with a new round of cortisone shots (4) and I am now adding a nutritional component to my "treatment". Let me know if you're interested in the info. I'm willing to share. I'm a natural skeptic but the source is medically reliable and I'm ready for anything at this point.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

j9Celeste replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon,

Nice to meet you too! Being in the saddle again is great, but I can't wait until I'm back to the point when the ride isn't a pain in the butt!

Celeste

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all, I am a new member, mid forties and about 54 lbs overweight, I tried everything, including gastric bypass (lost about 100 at first) it's be...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.