Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What do you include in water intake?
healthyat76 posted:
Hi all!

Just curious if you include all liquids in your water intake. This site says I should drink 64 oz of water a day. I drink about 65 if I include the 3 cups of coffee I drink. Not sure if that's considered water??? Anyone???
I'm Sally....

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
what are you putting in the coffee? if it is black coffee yes it can be counted as liquid I count my tea green tea with lemon.. I drink my coffee black I think ty are doing fine with water . there is also water in fruits and vegies
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
I don't count anything for water except water. I never make it to 64 oz. I am hoping I can work up to it tho. I do drink a big cup of coffee, but I put 1 tsp sugar and 1 Tblsp 1/2 & 1/2 in it. So you can't count that, right? Thats all the liquid I get. I don't drink pop or juice or anything else.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

abnersmom responded:
I drink my coffee black as well and count it in my fluid intake. I also drink green tea and water. All of this counts towards your water intake is what I've read. Of course, water is the best!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Sally, Welcome!
I have a 32 oz water bottle, no straw thingy, that I carry everywhere. I drink at least two full ones a day sometimes 3. Not including my (2) 24 oz coffees black with stevia and unsweetened cocoa powder or any tea I drink during the day. So I guess I total in at about a gallon of liquids a day.

k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

j9celeste replied to ausgram's response:
I am the same about counting only water as water. I drink the 16.9 oz Aquafina's (don't worry, I recycle!) I put 4 in the fridge in the morning and label them with 1-4. This serves a dual purpose...it keeps my family from drinking my allotted bottles and it helps me keep track of how many I have every day.

It was such a struggle at the start in January, but now I get SO thirsty and get a headache if I don't drink my water.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to j9celeste's response:
I was doing that too , Celeste. But I got so that I was drinking more and more and it's just was way more cost effective for me to go to refilling gallon water jugs. But down here in Louisiana, I can't find any with twist off caps, they all "pop" on and I hate those for refills, so now when my family goes through the gallon of apple juice or sunny D or Hawaiian Punch, I rinse it out immediately then do a couple bleach water rinses and then they are ready to go for water refills at the pure water refill station close to my house.
I can go through a case and a half a week of reg bottles, which would run about $8 or use 4 refilled gallons for $1.40 total.
Now that Summer is here though, the kids and Michael are drinking more bottled water. Since their's is cold, it's the little bottles(I drink mine at room temp).... So cases for them still...
I'm at the point of looking for an office type 5-10 gal dispenser because it would be cheaper still after initial purchase.

And you aren't the only one that panics when you are without your water. Roh had a fit one time over the much beloved "gatorade bottle" disappearance.... and I cried for a week when I dropped my first 32 oz bottle and broke it's drinky cap to smithereens. A week because it took me that long to find another one just like it.

It's not just water, it's like a talisman to ward off evil.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hee Hee, we have well water out here, so no worries. Hubby won't drink water when we go to town. You can get real use to well water. Today i did pretty good on the water, but I hate waiting till late in the day to start drinking it. Ho-hum.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie girl, why do you have to wait til late in the day to drink your water? My feet don't hit the floor in the morning til I have 16 oz.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
I take my first 32 oz'er with me when I take Michael to work. Even if I don't walk and just come straight home, I tell myself I cannot get out of that car or go back into the house till that water is GONE. Figuring it's about 16 min roundtrip , sipping all the way, it's not difficult to do it.

huggs
k

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Because we live an hour from town and if I drink water, I can't wait an hour to go wee wee. When we have to drive to Cope every other Sunday, it takes an hour and a half to get there, sometimes longer. One time I had to go so bad, we stopped along side of the road and hoped no cars drove by and I piddled on the side of the road. I do drink all day IF we don't go anywhere. Like today, I am home so I will drink, but most days I'm not home till around 4pm.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hey Aus gram I am the same way if I have 2 coffees I am running to the bathroom all day I have to limit myself to 1 Coffee
water doesn't do that as much
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
AUSSIE! Alex had us in stitches this weekend because he had found a present for his fiancé that he couldn't wait to give her! It's for YOU too AUSSIE........www.go-girl.com. Remember, go-girls are winners!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy! OMG! Let me stop laughing here to be able to type this......
WHEW! wipes happy tears from eyes......
giggle, snort......
ok. I'm better now.
I just checked out www.gogirl.com , ummmm. jeez . What can I say? Maybe , other than, I think I like the khaki one better? LOL snort.... chuckle..... Oh God.....
FUD ! Of all things....
OHHHHH HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I haven't had this much fun with a female item since I first held the "new" female condom in my hands!

BAHAHHAHAHAAAAA . These items have GOT to be designed by men. I swear!

huggs
k

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
What in the world? What kind of a site is it? My computer won't let me go there. I'll try later.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.