Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I only lost 1 pound over the week :(
brokeinside posted:
I ams suppose to lose 2 pounds >.< and I am creating another action plan!
CW 181 SW 181 GW 150
I'm so far behind I might run over myself

SharonNVirginia responded:
Sweetie,

Could you sign a different name to your posts? I don't like calling you "Broke".

Hurray, you lost a pound!! Maybe your action plan is good as is. Many things can cause a lower loss than expected. Too much salt intake or the wrong time of month immediately come to mind.\

What is your action plan?
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

brokeinside replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
do like salty foods! but I make sure I drink a lot iwater too! my legs are getting weak everyday as I jog or run, I can feel my tummy not potruding much when I wear jeans. I guess I am not burning enough calories but my food intake is ok, I guess thats why I failed this week because I exercise less. I am removing white rice in my diet this week and try to workout for two hours!

alright I will change my name if I can think one!
CW 181 SW 181 GW 150
I'm so far behind I might run over myself

SharonNVirginia replied to brokeinside's response:
You didn't fail!

You jog, you're cutting down on your food, you're making positive changes! You made progress.

I am only aiming to lose one pound a week, because I want to retain my new eating and exercize habits for life. I know that if I change too much too fast I will become overwhelmed and quit. I don't want that. I want to maintain my weight loss long term and have healthy habits.

Cocker spaniel kisses,

Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, I would be happy if I lost and kept it off 1 pound a month. That would be 12 pds a year and that ain't too shabby.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

mog1026 replied to brokeinside's response:
How about "Pacifica" or "IslandGirl" or "SlimInside" because if you have your health you are NOT broke inside. You are just moving closer to perfection!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to brokeinside's response:
broke, you don't have to change your whole profile. Cause that will start you over.
If you want to, you can just sign in like usual, then click your own "brokeinside" icon at any discussion. That will take you to your page. At the bottom for a signature line, just type your new name you want to use or , like mine and most everyone elses, just type in your own given name , your weight and a quote or whatever you feel like "

This would save lots of time and let everyone know you've gotten a new "handle" (name) to use.

as for 1 lb a week loss that's great, hon. That 2 lb goal isn't absolutely hard core necessary. If you can lose 1 lb a week that's 52 lbs a year which is spectacular. A lot of people can't fathom losing 52 lbs in a year and that's what you would be doing.

I also want to say, don't cut out all of the rice if it's one of the main staples to your diet. Unless you have an abundance of other things that you can use to replace it, like fresh veggies and fruits, and some lean meats, then you may have to keep it in your diet to get enough calories, mayb in smaller portions though.
Can you give us an idea of what you choose from every day to eat. What's available and where, and if you shop for yourself or eat away from home most of the time?
I'm trying to get a picture of your dietary circumstances here. I noticed you said you live alone. do you cook at all?

let us know
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I like those names. Esp . Sliminside. It says something about the desire within to change .

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
You lost 1lb which is awesome!!!!! That is 1 pound less you have. That's 3500 calories you have burned away so keep it up. Slow and steady wins the race.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
One pound a week would be awesome!!!! Congrats! Slow and steady is the best way to lose.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

brokeinside replied to totallywiggedout's response:
replace white rice with oatmeal.
I buy milk eggs and cereals in the grocery
I buy cooked vegetables or fish because I dont have any cooking utensils
I may buy vegetables next time that doesnt need cooking
theres nothing much here
I buy nuts and beans sometimes
I drink coffee with cream and sugar, sometiems tea mostly water

that the best option I figured out
~~Ishia-CW 180 SW 181 GW 150

Either you run the day or the day runs you.

brokeinside responded:
I'll just put my real name then
i hate how my post appears Italized
I think Im not always satisfied with the results of what I achieve and Im always being hard to myself. thats why I always fail.
there are simple things that I fail to realize when I make simple things too complicated. thanks everyone

kalimiller replied to brokeinside's response:
Another thing to think about is that even if the scale isn't moving, you could be gaining muscle and losing fat. That's why measuring yourself can be helpful.
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

brokeinside replied to kalimiller's response:
sometimes it feels like I burnt calories less then theres more calories in the food I chose to eat and Im not sure what is the progress in it. its is very irritating >.<

totallywiggedout replied to brokeinside's response:
Ishia? What a beautiful name. It reminds me of Japanese flowers ... something pink or peach and soft....very pretty!
Glad to finally meet you , Ishia!

Ok now that we know how you eat, this'll be easier. I had read that article about how most people in the Phillippines cook and I wondered if you did.
So now I understand better. Thanks for sharing that.
How do you cook your eggs and oatmeal? If you have a knife , a fork and a spoon , and something like a hotplate or 2 burner gas cooktop then you could easily make up your own stir frys with some cut up veggies, a little fish or chicken and some rice. Quick fry it , stirring with your fork till the meat is done then add 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup water, cover and simmer till rice is cooked. At least this way, you would know that you didn't have too much salt and added oils or fats in it. Salt will make you retain fluids and make it harder to lose weight. And fats add too many unnecessary calories. You may need a little to fry with , but only about 1 tblsp would do for the entire dish.
It's hard to determine what others put in the foods, like your cooked veggies , unless you watch them prepare it. If you do have that chance, tell them to add no salt , just seasonings if you can. That would help... same with the fish. and if possible, not deep fried fish.

Fresh crisp veggies are really good for you and can be filling. If you can get some lettuce, that can be used to wrap your fish and veggies in, like a sandwich or rollup.
You can also add some cooked rice.
Since you have milk and eggs you have a fridge, cook up a couple of days worth of rice and make cold salads with it and some chopped fresh veggies. or stuff cucumbers with it mixed with some fish.
That would be easy, filling and nutritious.

Oatmeal can also be used with your fish and veggies. It doesn't have to be used as a cereal and maybe sweet, you can do Savory with oatmeal too. Just add spices instead of the sugars or whatever.

Ishia, you are here. It was a big step to take. Don't be hard on yourself. You are already trying to make some healthier changes .

huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Diane and it seems like I always have had problems with my weight. As a young girl, around 10, I would get up in the middle of the night an...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.