Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kali picture
ladylavender posted:
Hi, Kali. I noticed you updated your picture, and it's great! (Not sure if I missed a conversation on this already, so I'm just putting in my 2-cents worth.) LOVE the dogs, too! When you get a chance, I would love to hear more about them - what they are (especially the brown one), their names, etc. You look like one big happy. Thanks for sharing it.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hey Kali,

Do you rescue dogs? My brother does pit bull rescue and his house looks like yours-more canines than humans.

Cocker spaniel kisses,

Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

kalimiller responded:
Aw, it makes me feel good that someone noticed!

I own three dogs. There is a tall lanky black one named Pepper (I call her Pepper Ann or Pepper Nanimal), and the shorter stockier black one is named Toby (I called her, yes her, Tobias. She was named after Sherlock Holmes' dog). They are both first generation labradoodles - so one parent was a lab, one parent was a poodle. Toby is 2 and a half and Pepper is almost 2.

The smaller curly brown-ish one is Flop. She is a second generation labradoodle - so her parents were labradoodles like Toby and Pepper. B/c she is a 2nd gen., her traits are more mixed - and her color is all over the place. Gray, brown, a little red. It's cool.

Story behind her is that I wanted a dog that I could actually pick up. And I wanted a "poop" dog. That's what I call brown dogs. LOL. Anyways, found her and got her. She was more than of a poop dog than I bargined for. She eats poop, rolls in poop, it's awful. We're worked a lot with her and it's a lot better. Oh yeah, she is almost one.

Anyways, I love my puppies to death! Them and my DH are my cute little family.

We actually have found a new house - just need to talk to our mortgage guy and see if the monthly payments will be doable. I have my fingers crossed becuase I really REALLY like this place! I'll let yall know how it goes...
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

kalimiller replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I don't rescue dogs. I think that it would be way fun and rewarding though. Maybe in the future when we could afford it better. Plus, we are planning on having kids at some point. So maybe after that? IDK. But whatever the case, I'll always have dogs. I've always been a dog lover and always will be.
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Wonderful photo of the four of you! I'd like to reach through the screen and give you all a cuddle and a tummy rub. My fingers are crossed you get the house!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

brokeinside replied to kalimiller's response:
I always wanted dogs! if only I dont move a lot
~~Ishia-CW 180 SW 181 GW 150

Either you run the day or the day runs you.

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, great pic!
You look very happy in your "fuzzy" world.
Does this mean that you are once again together with all of your animal friends? Haven't heard much about your move and the subsequent reunion. I hope that everything on that front is going well. I know you were having a really rough time missing your dog.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali I love that photo too you look so happy in it with all your pups . I am a dog lover too but I know I could not afford the expense it takes to keep them a lot of responsibility too and I am too lazy to do that on a regular basis so I doggy sit for my kids that have dogs // that's how I get my doggy fix HugsJudy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to kalimiller's response:
You all look so happy! I too am keeping my fingers crossed that you get the house. Such a beautiful pic.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.4 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

abnersmom replied to rachael2011's response:
I love the pic too, Kali. I miss my Abner still. Maybe in the fall, I'll feel like getting another little dog. I love poodles so I bet your labradoodles are just as much fun. Abner was such a little comedian.

Here's hoping you get that house you want!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Nice picture kali. After we lost our dog of 12 years, I said no more dogs. I cried way too long. I don't want any more heart breaks. No more pets after our birdie dies. He has about 10 more years with us and once he is gone, no more pets. We told our kids that too. My birdie already can't fly. He calls us when he needs to get up or down from some place. He runs this household. ha ha ha.
Here he is ----
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

ausgram replied to ausgram's response:
Those lids are all his toys. He throws them around and chases them.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi AusGram I love your parakeet I used to have one when I was a little girl they are fun to have around does he like to sit on your head and play with your hair. mine used to fly around and he would come to you and sit on your finger ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
No, not all together again yet. I did go and visit Pepper yesterday though. I hope that we can find something out about this house either this weekend or early next so I know if we are going to go with the house or keep looking.
-Kali

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie, beware of cross-dressing parakeets. We had our beloved Daisy for many years, only to discover after she passed away that SHE was a HE! It was most distressing to our memories of her/him. Our friend the vet very tactfully explained it to us this way.... "I know you all loved your little bird very much, but your Daisy was a Donald"!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

Spotlight: Member Stories

Having weight issues is not new to me. Maintaining a healthy weight has been a life long issue. Being 100+ lbs. overweight is something new. After a f...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.