Skip to content
over 50 weight stuff
nodiets posted:
am I the only one who doesnt care to read about some 20 something who needs to lose a few.... i know thats callous...but i was that 20 something and it was pretty easy.....this over the hill attempt has been kicking my butt...............oh yea and the ice cream addiction which i need to kick....lol............I read the stories of success and as soon as i see the age........total turn off if they are not over 50....am i the only one??
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Oh, gosh, I'm 48... I'm turning you off? Do I STINK???
sniff sniff... no my pits are ok.... lol
No you aren't alone but there are PLENTY of 20 somethings and even younger that NEED to lose because they are or are on their way to becoming obese or superobese. It's hard to determine if people are just hyperventilating over 10-20 lbs because they are type A or if something , like a familial tendancy toward heart trouble, diabetes, or other illnesses caused by excess weight make them nervous for their wellbeing.
We invite everybody, everyone's BODY. We can't pass judgement here. If someone wants help, no matter how big or small, we just do our best to make their unique journey easier. Because, along the way, WE learn something too.
We hadn't until recently had anyone with gastric bypass, Pink has been ever so kind to share her extraordinary journey with us .

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nodiets
I am 71 been on my journey since I was 61
Oh Did I ever have an addiction to ice cream ' that was the thing that had me giving up after a week or 2 .. what I did with that was make a special deal with myself I would eat only healthy natural foods for 1 month then and only then I could go get ice cream at an ice cream shoppe. then I would start thirty days again to tell the truth I had ice cream about 3 times that first year because I made slips before the month was up this Ice cream at the end of a month seemed to help keep me on plan like a carrot moving the donkey...
after a while the addiction got sort of tamed I no longer crave it ... I do occasionally go out for an Ice cream during summer maybe 3 or 4 times a year.. I am still an addict so cannot have that ice cream in my house ever again ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

nodiets replied to totallywiggedout's response:
lol...no you arnt turning me off.... I know all age groups need help....but when you are older...its a little different to get started and keep motivated....maybe thats just me...and im not passing judgement...i just get more outta stories from women of a certain age group that have made strides in the wt loss arena

nodiets replied to jis4judy's response:
thanks.... i think i need to throw the remainder of the moose tracks into the garbage..... you are truly inspiring.... i mean it

ladylavender replied to nodiets's response:
I'm 48, too, but I feel 70-ish, does that count? 'Course I have waaaay more than "a few" to lose. Best wishes on your journey!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout replied to nodiets's response:
Sweety, we haven't just got women making strides in weight loss, we have women RUNNING MARATHONS.
Check out Amber and Debbie's latest posts... Debbie(Abnersmom) just completed her first 5k and Amber, bless her wee wittw heart is gonna (kill herself) er, run not only a 5k tomorrow but ALSO a 2 mile "fun run" .... same day!
We had a member Mommaxelli that ran the Couch to 5k so much and did so well with it, she got almost her entire church group to run with her, AND do a marathon together.
It's all a process. Not all of us CAN run, not me for sure(hip problems) but I walk daily and am making strides in that way.

any mile that you walk, jog, run or CRAWL for that matter, is still a mile more than you'll do on the couch.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to nodiets's response:
OMG what is it with "mooseTracks" ( and Cheetos!) I have no idea what moose tracks are but you, Laura and Kali all have fallen under their hooves. No no don't tell me, I'm afraid of the power of the tracks!!!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

nodiets replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thanks for the pep talk............im setting the alarm now to walk in the am.........and i usually sleep in a little on saturdays...im going to do this with all of your help........and mostly from my determination................nite all.

nodiets replied to mog1026's response:
moose tracks are the devil...........and im under its spell......why is is something so bad for you tastes............so good.....

mog1026 replied to nodiets's response:
Repeat after me, " I love the taste of Kale, I love the taste of Kale"
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

nodiets replied to ladylavender's response:
thank you... and love your pup pics........i have 2 of my own... i might pay the mortgage but they own the house..lol......been a dog lover/owner since i was old enough to be on my own...they are my current babies since my real ones are grown....but they are family nonetheless

nodiets replied to mog1026's response:
kale is ok.....but moosetracks.omg.........i know im getting rid of the remainder.....and walking in the am...........i swear......

nodiets replied to ladylavender's response:
im walking in the am.........thats a start right....thanks for the input.....

tnmist replied to nodiets's response:
You're welcome. And thanks. That's Jack. Yep, same here; I even rearranged my living room to accommodate a window seat for my cat! I have a cat and a dog and would do more if I could afford to. I prefer dogs, but George earns his keep by catching (and eating) crickets that, for some reason, like this house. And, in case you are wondering, no, they aren't friends; they tolerate each other, but the cat is a bit of a bully. I've thought of getting a kitten to torture him a little, but, uh, no. That would be torture for me!

Would love to hear more about your pets sometime...There are a lot of pet lovers here!

Spotlight: Member Stories

hello , lost 4 last 2 week .NOW gain 4 again . Start at 296,June,2013.Now 270. Will, start walking to and from work. Back to eating 1567 aday. REMEMBE...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.