Skip to content
New to the group
Morgan626 posted:
Just wanted to say hello, and thank you. I was posting in the 100 over club til I read the suggestion to move to this group. Love reading everyone's suggestions and posts. I have high cholesterol and so loosing weight is paramount. Looking forward to the journey with other travelers because I am not real good at going it alone:)
Happy Saturday and much joy to each!
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent: Eleanor Roosevelt

abnersmom responded:
Hi Morgan, Glad you joined us! I had borderline high cholesterol and was looking at having to take meds. Changed my diet (in the middle of my weight removal journey) and it is almost normal. You can do this. If you're comfortable, start posting your daily food intake along with us. It really helps keep us accountable.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Morgan, Welcome.
I've NO IDEA how I missed your post till now, but, HEY! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER RIGHT?

Ok with high cholesterol you have to start changing your fats and increasing your fiber and water intake.
Fiber helps scrub out the arteries but it can't do it's job without a LOT of water puffing it up and pushing it through. Think... Liquid Plumber, lol
old fashioned or steel cut oatmeal, whole grain breads and cereals, brown rice, Chia seeds, avocados, canned packed pumpkin(not pie filling) , and fresh raw fruits and veggies are all great choices for the fiber.
With the fats, avocados , heart healthy nuts(walnuts and almonds among the best), Extra Virgin olive oil, walnut oil, coconut oil and grape seed oil are the most heart healthy choices to substitute for vegetable oils and "Crisco". Although most of us pan fry , roast and broast with the Crisco or PAM cooking sprays because they are 0 cal.
If you sign onto this community and click the Resources tab at left you will find our RECIPES and Exercises discussions. These are tried and approved by US.... not by some faceless stranger out there in the bloggesphere.

Hang in there. We are here to help and support you and eachother. This is a great community to "hang with".'

hugs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
welcome Morgan
I am just adding my welcome and a little note that spray oil aren;t really 0 cals they just make the serving size to use so tiny it is allowed to call it zero on the label read the ingredients it has oil oils have 9 cals per gram how many people spray for 1/2 a second ...?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I KNOW Judy! In an earlier failed attempt to eat healthier I tried to substitute Spray on butter flavor oil on my popcorn for the real thing because it was zero calories. Not when you're using 20 sprays a bowl!!!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

j9celeste responded:
Hello Morgan!!!

I went to the 100 over group first also, but noticed that it wasn't very busy. Then I came here and found a home. There are so many wonderful daily posters: those beginning our journeys, those somewhere in the journey, and those in a maintenance journey. There is so much support and information here. Welcome.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

ladylavender replied to j9celeste's response:
Welcome, Morgan! Me, too. I landed here even though I have more than a whole person to lose, so this board may be stuck with me for awhile. Best wishes on your journey.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

ausgram responded:
Welcome Morgan to our group of winners. Right girls????

But you have to be careful of TotallyWiggedOut/Kim. She's our watch dog. Hee hee. You will learn to love her.

So come on in and join our conversations and lose some weight with us, or maybe gain a pound or two. Oh oh, Kim's gonna get me for saying that.

AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
What is this , Aus??
I see that when the cat's away the mice will play.. AGAIN!
Ah you guys make me sound like Attila the Hun or somebody MEAN like that.... I'm not mean. I'm CONCERNED FOR YOUR HEALTH in a very OVERT way... LOL

Bah, love me or hate me if you're here , you are prolly gonna get some kinda "heavily pushed "suggestions" , and some long avoided "truths" from me from time to time.
It just sorta slips out,

Oh and btw, I'm kinda sorta fond of you too , Aus! muah !

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, I am teasing you. I LOVE <3 you!! And everyone else loves you. Got that? WE ALL LOVE YOU!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
it's not necessary... all this love in the air... lol.... sometimes I feel like a Grinch and I expect to be treated accordingly. If I'm Grinchy get on my butt!
But you guys all know that I love you too. This community..... sigh.... Amercian flags, apple pie, and fireworks.....everyday.

Pretty corny , eh? LOL now let's get back to WORK, ladies!

huggs
k

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21. In November of 2010 I tipped the scales at 280 lbs. I was depressed because of me weight. With my wedding coming up in June 2011, I knew I ne...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.