Skip to content
One more thought to ponder
jis4judy posted:
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
You know what Judy? That's exactly right.
When I had ulcerative Colitis, the doctor told me it would eventurally turn to cancer. I rejected that thought. I bought every book on cancer they put out. Found, "A Cancer Battle Plan" practically ate that book up. Which led me to Harvey Diamonds book. I did exactly what was in that book, never touched a drop of meat, dairy, etc. Lost 63 pounds and next time I went to the doctor (skipping lots here) he was shocked. No sign of ulcerative Colitis. God will lead you to do what you have to do to be healed. I tell you I really feel good even tho I know I am over weight now. Reason is, I went back to eating meat, dairy and sweets, I do stick to no fruit after other foods have entered my bod.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout responded:
I don't wanna think, that's why I have Judy.... she thinks for me! I love to look at the pictures though!

bahahahaha
This one's pretty cool , Judy. And very very true. You are more prone to colds and various aches and pains when depressed or anxious.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
yes Kim Grinch is the word if a Grinch came into our homes and took away all the trigger food that would be great
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Chinkerton responded:
I'm new to this. I am 55 years old, and need help in choosing the right diet. I weigh 231 lbs which is obese. My goal weight is to get to at least 140 lbs or a little less. I don't know where to start.

jis4judy replied to Chinkerton's response:
Hi Chinkerton
welcome you should start by looking very closely at your current eating habits and make some changes to healthier lower calorie choices... focus on fruits vegies lean meats fat free dairy like milk and yogurt switch from white bread to 100% whole grain and limit portions You can even have nuts in moderation.. Now is there a certain food you are unwilling to give up or change? that is usually the thing that makes us give up on a life long health eating plan ... the food is the most important part for weight removal exercise is the next step I just walk in my neighborhood for my exercise I have also been lifting some weights start small and build up ...also drink lots of water it helps and you can also drink tea with no sugars in it // I take my tea withlemon
Hugs Judy:)

abnersmom replied to Chinkerton's response:
Hi chinkerton,

Judy has given you great advice. You have to make healthy changes that you WILL live with forever. Everyone's journey is a bit different here, but most of us have greatly increased our vegetable consumption and have mostly given up all processed foods. Also, logging your food in helps keep you honest and accountable about how much you are consuming AND how nutritious what you are consuming is.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout replied to Chinkerton's response:
Hi Chinkerton, welcome to our community.
Best place to start is a food and fitness planner. Use the one here on WebMD or the one on Fitday.com or Livestrong.com, or any other you feel most comfortable with.
The biggest thing is, you need to know how much you are really taking in calorie wise on a regular normal daily basis so that you can start cutting down here and there. Most people have no idea what all they are taking in... they think , oh it's just this or that and "not much" of either... well you start logging everything, it adds up fast.
You know those little tastes you take when you are making lunch or dinner? Those have calories. Gotta add em. I give it 8-10 calories PER TINY TASTE. You start doing that and having to log them, you'll stop that in a hurry!
Do JUST the logging , no changes to your diet for a few days to get used to the system. Then you start actually MEASURING your portions. If a suggested serving size is 1/4 cup and you eat 1 full cup, it's 4x those calories. So make your portions count. Make healthy changes. More veggies in your dishes and less meat and pasta or rice.
Do stir frys with just enough extra virgin Olive oil to moisten the bottom of the pan. ALWAYS use non stick pans so that you don't have to add as much oil.
Even better if you use non stick cooking sprays, instead.

Need some menu ideas? Log into this community and check out our own RESOURCES link on top left of page. You'll find recipes we have tried and liked and links to sites that are also member faves.
ALSO check down a bit further in Resources and find some good exercises to try.

glad you're here
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to Chinkerton's response:
Welcome!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.