Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thanks!
Morgan626 posted:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
And thanks for the tip about the resources- didn't know that.

This morning I had fiber one cereal caramel delight with honey peanut butter and almond milk the 80 calorie kind. Which a side note about the milk I have never liked milk, but this almond milk I some kind of love.

For lunch I had spinach with scrambled egg beaters with mushrooms and onions with a 1/4 tsp of light olive oil and then a bowl of strawberries and blueberries.

But I have a question what is the skinny (haha) on Greek yogurt. I noticed it has cholesterol, kinda high, So what is the alternative?

Happy Monday!!!
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent: Eleanor Roosevelt

jis4judy responded:
Hi I use the fat free greek yogurt I buy it in quart containers

and add my berries and a little honey using 1/3 to 1/2 C at a time
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Morgan, the big thing about Greek yogurt is the amount of protein in it vs that in the reg yogurts. Which makes it more filling, and gives you that boost of proteins if you don't eat alot of meat or eggs(or protein bars and shakes).
Protein breaks down slower than carbs(sugars, starches and nat sugars in fruits etc. ), which in turn keeps your blood sugar levels more stabil and keeps hunger at bay longer. Carbs burn fast are good for quick energy but don't stay with you as long so you end up eating more, more often.

Ok, now the Almond milk... I think i'm about the only other one that drinks this on a regular basis. I started out with the 60 cal per cup vanilla almond silk. Drank that, used in cereal, and made smoothies with it all last year and early into this one. NOW I find that it's too rich and too sweet. I use the 30 cal/cup vanilla almond silk. I don't buy the reg unflavored stuff because it doesn't taste as rich or smooth. I highly recommend that at some point you "downsize" slowly as your palette gets used to less refined sugars.
If you do it right, you will find that the 30 cal vanilla has a really nice flavor, sweet but not cloyingly so.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Morgan626 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
TWO, thanks for the explanation! I will work on the downsizing too. I am trying to figure out all the sugar, carbs, and etc., etc., without being crazy.
So it sounds like I could still eat the Greek yogurt just watch my other protein.

By the way I love that Churchill quote. And trusting me loosing weight feels just like that, so I am going through as fast as I can:)

Morgan626 replied to jis4judy's response:
I love honey will try this. Heading to the store today so will check it out.

totallywiggedout replied to Morgan626's response:
Oh, I see how you read that... I'm sorry. I'll clarify.
When I said
" Which makes it more filling, and gives you that boost of proteins if you don't eat alot of meat or eggs(or protein bars and shakes)."
I actually meant , people that tend to not get enough proteins BECAUSE they don't eat ENOUGH lean meats, eggs or other dairy products like fat free/low fat cheeses, sometimes like to suppliment in the Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurts because it has MORE protein.
I DID NOT mean that if you eat Greek yogurt, that you then have to watch your protein intake.

In fact, I'm a protein NUT. LEAN Protein keeps you full, builds muscle, repairs muscle after workouts, helps you recouperate faster after illness or strenuous workouts, etc.
Good sources of lean proteins are trimmed beef, yes , many times a 6 oz grilled steak is better for you than that huge "specialty" salad with the "house" dressing, croutons, cheese and whatever high sodium meat they put onto it.

I love to watch those women at a steak restaurant stuffing themselves with big salads thinking that they are eating lean when in fact, oftentimes, they are consuming almost DOUBLE the fats and calories of a small steak dinner.

I do WAY more proteins than I do carbs like pasta, rice and/or beans.

Just focus on whole foods that are the LEAST MANMADE, lol
I gotta ask you to look at the box of your Bean Burgers. I know you are thinking that they are healthier,,,,, they MAY be. But check out the sodium, sugars and fat content.
Too many times , these manufacturers add in crap like that to make it taste "REAL" or more palatable. Thus making this presumably "healthy" food severely NOT .

If you are going to make black bean burgers or whatever. Make them from scratch. Then you KNOW what all is in them.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I'm a 46 year old mother of a son, two dogs, and two fish...LOL. I'm married and really need to loose this weight for myself. ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.