Skip to content
Just not sure.
mardee posted:
Hello All!

I guess i just don't know what really to post. I am on here everyday reading everyone else's posts, but i am not sure what to post myself.

I don't want to burden everyone with my issues i guess.... But i figure that i will at least post something.

So, I am not sure if i have lost weight yet, i have not checked =P I don't own a scale. The only time i see my weight is at the doctor's office. I guess i should invest. Haha

Also, i guess since my first post, i have been eating a little better and smaller portions. I am not an active person but we have been going on hikes since the weather is super hot and it is cooler up in the mountains. And starting tonight, i am going to start walking and eventually start running. It is going to take me awhile to get to the running stage, but that is my over all goal in the exercise aspect of this journey.

The thing about myself that bugs me the most about this whole weight loss journey is my lack of motivation. I will be super motivated and than lose it all in a matter of days. And than i will get it back and lose it once more. It is a horrible cycle that i am trying to break.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! =D
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Mardee you can join us in posting food and exercise daily
You can share what ever you want ..

the food and exercise is a daily post so just join in and then when we see what you eat regularly we can maybe offer a substitute... that will maybe help .
the hiking is good exercise so keep that up and I think any walking is good ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
mardee, honeeeeeey. YOUR issues are MY issues! Share em. We commisserate well because we ALL have been there and done that.
PLUS , it's more interesting when it happens to somebody else.... lol, jk... well, not really...

Sweetheart, you gotta weigh in. I don't care if you have to go to Walmart or Target or wherever and step on one that's for sale just to get a "good idea" for FREE, but you really GOTTA. You can't guess at where you are starting because you'll never know when you "arrive" .
It's a juggling act see? Certain foods make you gain weight. Usually salty ones. Seeing that on the scales helps you adjust your intake to keep control better.
You just need to step onto one. If you can't afford one, just use the ones in the store. I'm NOT kidding. They work just as well in store as in your bathroom.

Motivation comes from within. You can't truly get motivated by reading about someone else's motivation and exercise. Although sometimes it DOES help to have a friend to exercise with. NOTHING beats a little friendly competition to get your motivation motor running.

The big thing about exercise is that you just gotta break down and DO IT. Stop making excuses. If you have time to sit on your butt then you have time to do some jumping jacks or walk around the neighborhood.
Do the same thing everyday, at the same time... and it becomes habit. You feel funky if you DON'T do it.
Just find something you like. Not that you feel you have to do, but that you WANT to do. Exercise doesn't have to be difficult, sweaty a-- workouts ... it can be something as fun as playing horseshoes, tetherball, walking in a shady park that has flowers, mall walking, dancing, swimming.... cripes, even swinging on a swingset for an hour burns 100 calories... I'm sure you can find something you like to do enough to "JUST DO IT".

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ladylavender responded:
Um, ya, we have a lot in common, Mardee. You posted well...I'm reading the replies for my benefit, too.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mardee responded:
Judy ---

I think that is what i am going to do. I am just going to join in and put my two cents =>
And as far as what i eat......... Well, lets just start with today. For breakfast, Oatmeal. Snack two bags of small chips, that vending machine gets to me every day. For lunch i had oatmeal. I have not had dinner yet. What i had to drink it 2 enery drinks and 2 cups of coffee and some water. For dinner i am most likely going to have pasta of some sorts.

That is about what i eat everyday. Well, not the same things, just the same kind of things.

Today i did buy spinach and peaches to take to work tomorrow to help not eat things out of the vending machines.

Kim ---

I will have to stop by the scale at walmart and do a check in => I will be going tonight or tomorrow so i will give everyone an update. But i am so darn nervious! I dont know what i would do if i am even one pound over 200 But i guess that will tell me that i am doing something wrong and maybe give me the motivation to fix it.

Abby ---

I am glad i could help =D

I hope every one had a great Monday!!
Mardee
Be motivated!!

abnersmom replied to mardee's response:
Hi Mardee, You bought peaches and spinach!!!! A huge NSV!! Small changes are the best way not to feel too overwhelmed.

The scale will help even though we all have a love/hate relationship with it.

If you're going to eat pasta, buy the whole wheat and measure your portion. When I have pasta, which is not often, I usually have 1/2 C. most of the time with marinara or garlic and olive oil.

Good luck and keep posting. You've already made two big steps - posting here and realizing you need more fruits and veggies!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u replied to mardee's response:
Mardee,

If we don't know your struggles we can't help you. Post whatever you want. Yes buying spinach and peaches is a great NSV!!! Need to always have more fruit and veggies in your diet than other things. More veggies than fruit. Stick around and post!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Mardee,
Recordkeeping.
If you can find $25, buy a DIGITAL scale. Consumer Reports says they are much more reliable than the spring-dial type.

1)Every day when you first get up, record your weight.
2)Record every morsel which passes your mouth. As in ".5 cup of oatmeal"

These are your first two steps. Don't go crazy trying to change everything. You will find that simply writing down what you eat and reporting it on here will result in your eating more healthfully.

Recordkeeping gives you the tools to maintain your motivation. Maybe the scale doesn't show progress, but you can go back in your food diary a week or two and see the progress that you have made in changing your lifestyle.

Because the journey is really about changing the way we live our lives, weight loss and better health are lovely side effects.
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mardee responded:
For dinner last night i had a burrito from Taco Bell. I know that Taco Bell is not that great. But i only had one burrito rather than the two i usually have =P

Debbie ---

What does NSV mean?
And the whole "one small step at a time" is the best way to do. The previous time that i have tried to eat healthy/exercise. I change everything and fail. So one small step at a time will have to work.
And thank you for the advise

Amber ---

That is what i am trying to do. And i like veggies more than any other food. It is just not as easy to get my hands on when i am on the go. If Taco Bell had a veggie tray, that is all i would eat. Hahaha.

Sharon ---

That sounds like a great idea. I will invest and keep track. I really need to see this all as a life style change, that is the hardest thing to do in my mind set. But, the more and more that i think about it, the life style itself sounds better =D
Mardee
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, if you have 10 minutes to waste standing/sitting in a fast food line or drivethrough waiting to be served a high fat, super high sodium burrito, then you have 10 min to spare cutting up and ziplocking a whole weeks worth of fresh veggies for your lunches. It's that simple.
Buy a big bag of baby carrots, a couple of pints of grape tomatos, 1 or 2 stalks of celery. The only thing you have to cut up there is the celery. And that would be enough veggies for a week.
Add another 10 min and peel and chop up an entire bag of yellow onions to ziplock and freeze for quicker meal prep in the evening.
While you are chopping your onions, set a big pot of water on to boil and get some whole wheat pasta cooking... drain it then put in in the fridge .
Toss a 1/2 cup of that pasta into stir frys of chicken and veggies and you have a full meal in less time than it takes to go to Taco Bell. For about 1/2 the calories of ONE burrito and 1/4 of the fats and sodium.

If you have time..... make better choices.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
My thoughts exactly Kim! It takes less than 10 minutes for me to pack my food for the day for work.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to mardee's response:
NSV = Non Scale Victory - We celebrate anything and everything here because progress is slow a lot of the time!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.