Skip to content
Aaargh!
Morgan626 posted:
Okay, I am exercising, eating healthy, promise no sneaking of anything, and the scale isn't moving.

Plus being middle aged, the hot flashes, not sleeping, and now the scale not moving, so don't hand me a pen cause I might poke my eye out with it. Now that I have had my little tirade I will settle myself down.

Our church is having a cookout this Sat. I always dread trying to eat healthy in front of others b/c here in the south where I live someone always wants to know why are you not eating. Are you sick? So in the past, I have just eating to avoid the issue, but I don't want to do that. So any suggestions? I thought about just taking my own food.

Also, trying to change my thought patterns and deal with my emotional eating.

Have an awesome Tuesday. Also, heading to the cardiologist Thursday, so any prayers would be appreciated or tips about what I should ask.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent: Eleanor Roosevelt

abnersmom responded:
Hey Morgan, First of all, prayers lifted for your cardiologist visit on Thurs.

About the scale thing, are you logging your food somewhere to see how many calories you are taking in? Personally, I was shocked when I finally started logging my food. I thought I was doing pretty well, but arrrghh and my nutrition was way off! Just a thought to get that scale moving.

Finally, I live in the South too and i know what you mean about food pressure at events. It's funny though, once I finally told everyone and anyone that I was removing weight, I mostly got support. Less food pushing. As Judy always says, make the event about the people NOT the food. If you go with that mindset, it really helps.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

kalimiller responded:
One thing that you can do, is focus on talking with people rather than eating. You will end up eating slower and your body will have time to recognize that you are full.

Cookout to me means corn and watermelon will be there.
-Kali

Deo adjuvante non timendum. In perpetuum. Dirige nos domine. Ad augusta per angusta. Sic itur ad astra. Excelsior.

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

blondie454u responded:
Replied to the other post
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.