Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Aaargh!
Morgan626 posted:
Okay, I am exercising, eating healthy, promise no sneaking of anything, and the scale isn't moving.

Plus being middle aged, the hot flashes, not sleeping, and now the scale not moving, so don't hand me a pen cause I might poke my eye out with it. Now that I have had my little tirade I will settle myself down.

Our church is having a cookout this Sat. I always dread trying to eat healthy in front of others b/c here in the south where I live someone always wants to know why are you not eating. Are you sick? So in the past, I have just eating to avoid the issue, but I don't want to do that. So any suggestions? I thought about just taking my own food.

Also, trying to change my thought patterns and deal with my emotional eating.

Have an awesome Tuesday. Also, heading to the cardiologist Thursday, so any prayers would be appreciated or tips about what I should ask.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent: Eleanor Roosevelt

blondie454u responded:
How long did you wait to weigh yourself? Maybe you should post what you eat and we can go through it together. On cookouts if it isn't someone that knows me I usually eat before and don't eat but socialize or I bring my own food. This may tick people off and I have before but this is my journey not yours. I am doing this for me and I am not here to please you. If people ask me why I am not eating I do try to explain why and if they don't like it then don't invite because this is me. This advice isn't for everyone and there is other options like eating the burger without meat, stay away from the chips, eat mostly veggies if they are serving them, and stay clear of the soda. I don't eat beef or pork anymore. I am going to slowly become a vegetarian. It will take time because I will have to cook totally separate from my family so I have find ways to cook 2 meals without taking extra time.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mog1026 responded:
Don't obsess about the scale yet. It will move. You are doing your body and your heart good regardless of what the scale shows. The best advice I can give you about the cookout is Amber's. I'm sure you can try to trick your friends by moving food around your plate but why should you have to. We all are people pleasers but it's time to make this all about YOU! Who cares if they have questions! Tell them you're watching what you eat. Trust me, unless they're blind, they know you need to lose weight. The only people whose feathers will get ruffled are other fat people who are trying to avoid facing the truth themselves. To manage this transformation you're going to have to put yourself first when it comes to food. As time goes on you'll have enough trouble avoiding self-sabotage, don't let the church ladies get you now.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

SharonNVirginia responded:
"Why bless your heart! You're all concerned about what I'm eating. That is so sweet! I'm fine, darling, this is just what appealed to me. Now tell me how are YOU?
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Morgan626 replied to mog1026's response:
I love this!! Thanks for the help.

Morgan626 replied to blondie454u's response:
I am learning about posting. Like I have no idea why my post is here twice. Goodness.
Love the thought and you are right, this is my journey.

rohvannyn replied to Morgan626's response:
Posts show up twice when you accidentally double click the submit button, or when it doesn't go through right away and you click it again.

Welcome!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Morgan626 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks for the explanation! I bet I did hit twice:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

After struggling with PCOS for years I got pregnant at 300 lbs, my ultimate high after pregnancy was 317 lbs. After my daughter was born 3 years ago, ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.