Skip to content
Hidden sugars in salad dressings
SharonNVirginia posted:
I just looked up my current favorite fast food salad, Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken Salad. I had previously checked on the calorie count which at 460 is a little hefty for me for a single meal but doable when I juggle the rest of my day, which I have several times in the past couple of weeks. But as a diabetic, my eyes bugged out when I saw the sugar content of 31 grams! A 12 ounce Coke has only 39 grams of sugar. hHere I have been patting myself on the back for skipping Cokes and this "healthy salad" is almost as bad!

Just goes to show, like you all say "READ THAT LABEL", or in this case consult that website. To Wendy's credit, they have customization choices which let you see the totals without the dressing or the almonds.
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Take the Poll

In my lifestyle makeover, I am most concerned with
  • Calories
  • Fats
  • Carbohydrates
  • Exercize
  • Eliminating meat
vote
View Poll Results

blondie454u responded:
Great job Sharon of being more aware of what you're eating!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Good job Sharon on checking the website for nutrition info. I didn't take the poll because although I am concerned with calories, I'm most concerned with nutrition while holding the calories down.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a 17 year old girl. Next fall i will be a senior in high school. All ive ever wanted is to walk into a room and have people stare cause i look..wel...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.