Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Grief and loss
mog1026 posted:
It's a hard day. I lost my cousin and dearest friend yesterday and the tears keep seeping out today. It's hard to wrap my head around her loss. I know I am going to want to comfort myself with food in the coming days. But what I would really like to do is honor her by getting this weight off. We were both on this journey together and she was my treasured cheerleader and I was hers. She had just fit into a size 14 pants last week and it was such a big moment. It may not seem like such an accomplishment to most, but I know you can appreciate how hard she had worked to reach that amazing goal. Lord, I am going to miss her laugh.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Morgan626 responded:
I am so sorry. And yes you are right, I appreciate what you said about her fitting into a 14.

Praying you still hear her laughter in your heart and spirit.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

And it is okay to cry. I love the verse Psalm 56:8 where it says God puts our tears in a bottle.

Take care of you today too.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent: Eleanor Roosevelt

mardee responded:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss!
My Prayers are with your family. <3
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

jis4judy responded:
((((Kathy)))
so sad for you losing your cousin that was so close
this is my second try so it will be short
My sympathy and prayers are with you hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you so very much Morgan, Mardee and Judy. That hug is much appreciated. I had never heard the words of that psalm Morgan and they are very lovely. He has a tall bottle today.

rachael2011 responded:
Kathy- I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you today. Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 280.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

abnersmom responded:
Kathy, Wish I could give you a real hug, but please know that I am sending love and hugs your way as you deal with your terrible loss. Take care.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ladylavender responded:
I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Kathy)) Wish I could give you a real hug, too. You have been so supportive of me. It's hard to lose someone close to you.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy, I read this while out running around today... I wanted so badly to reply just then, but I didnt want my phone autocorrecting me and making me sound insincere with it's "choice" of words.
I was so, so sad for you. I could actually feel something inside of me reaching out to try to embrace you and try to console you. The many miles that seperate us do not change the fact that we are friends.
I wish I could take some of your pain.
My love, thoughts and prayers are with you today.

tight huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. A friend AND a cousin, she must have known you your whole life long. There must be so many memories you shared. How blessed you have been to have had her in your life! And she shared your weight loss quest, too! I don't have anyone who is comparable in my life, and I am a little envious. She and you are amazing people to have stayed so close and shared so much for so many years.

I pray that the Lord will dry your tears and that you will soon find that your pain is less than your joyful memories. And of course, that you, she and all your loved ones will in the Lord's time be reunited in Paradise.

Love,
Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Oh I can't tell you all how much your hugs and words mean to me. She was my sister in every sense of the word and we have no idea why this happened. She was 5 years younger so we hadn't been close childhood friends but we really connected as adults. Her neighbor found her at noon after she hadn't let the dog out and hadn't answered her phone. She apparently died in her sleep at 59. So shocking. I worry that she had cut her calories too low and had an arrhythmia because she had made an enormous push to lose fast because she was facing knee surgery. I also worry that she had a head injury because she fell in her kitchen this weekend and hit her head. She iced it and was fine but you never know. She was a nurse with the biggest, funniest,most irreverent sense of humor. I loved every single embarassing thing she ever said or did because she loosened up the uptight goody goody me. She was so generous and kind and beloved by so many. She looked just like Paula Deen and I swear she cooked as well. She had had a GBP many years ago but still struggled with her weight. She was proof that this is not an easy journey no matter the path you take. Thanks for giving me a place to talk about her. You all would have adored her as much as I. xxoo

mog1026 responded:

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Here"s my wonderful cousin Chris! I just wanted all you new friends to meet her.

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Nice pic! Yes, she would fit right in with this group...dog and all. What a shock this must be to all who know and love her. 59 is just too young to be gone. Did you live near her? And the poor dog, too...I'm sure it misses it's mom. I'm so sad for your loss, Kathy. Tears are cleansing...I'd pass you more Kleenex if I could. Peace to you and your family.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Thanks Abby. She still lives in Rhode Island where I grew up. I live about 2 1/2 hours away in CT. She visited me a lot and we yacked on the phone for hours. I understand her dog Seamus has gone to live with her brother's family. She adored her niece and would have loved that. I would have been happy to take him so he had no shortage of possibilities.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Morbidly obese as they call it. I have to lose 100 lbs. I have COPD, Emphesemea, Precancerous Barrett's Esophagus, Chronic Migraines,Daytime ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.