1/2 C ff milk

2.6 oz orange

3.8oz strawberries

1C Black Coffee

over ate a bit last night it was the banana bread

today will be shopping for the weekend
a walk in the rain
circuit training
not sure about dinner but the boneless skinless chicken breast is on sale at the store
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning, nutritional scientists and kinesiologists!

I hit a new low this AM at 221.6.

I turned to my weight loss graph on the diet and fitness tracker and, by golly, that line is trending ever so slightly south of horizontal. I am making progress. To review, my high weight was 265 in 2003. This round of health consciousness began March 15, 2013 at 235 pounds. So, let's see, I have discarded 43.5 pounds in 10 years. I should reach my goal weight in 20 more years, just in time to celebrate my 80th birthday. LOL.

No, I am not discouraged. That's just my way of saying that I am on this road FOR LIFE. I am starting to feel better internally. More energy, more cheerful. I am sleeping less. Now this AM I woke up in agony skeletally. My spinal injury really hates being vibrated and I vibrated the heck out of it yesterday with that 1 mile walk. Okay, here's a little whisper to my spine: Get over it. You and I will both be happier if we take better care of the internal organs and that is what this is all about.

I found out that an otherwise healthy black bean soup from "You on a diet" causes my blood sugar to soar. Gonna have to mark that yummy recipe off-limits.

Breakfast:
.5 c. rolled oats
1 c. blackberries
1 c. ff milk

morning snack
.5 oz almonds
1 med. orange

lunch;
tossed salad
chicken breast
spritzed with olive oil and red wine vinegar

pm snack
raw veggies
yogurt dip

Have a GREAT day,
Sharon
CW 222.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

abnersmom responded:
Good morning all.

Breakfast: the usual oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts and black coffee

Lunch: on the go so probably will do the Subway turkey breast sub again

Dinner: my sister had extra pork chops last night so I had that instead of chicken along with a big baby spinach and spring mix salad - Will have the baked chicken tenders tonight with 2 C. steamed broccoli and salad

Snack: cantaloupe

Will get a 3 mile run in today after work and errands are run. I can smell the weekend - phew, busy week.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rachael2011 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hey Sharon. Hope your back feels better soon!

Crummy about the bean soup. For me, it's one of my favorites. Is it the carbs in the beans that affect your blood sugar?

Your choices so far look great! Have a good day too.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 280.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Good morning all.
AM weight 279.2

Breakfast- 1 1/2 C ff yogurt (plain) w 1 packet sweetener
1 1/4 C blueberries

Lunch will be 5oz canned salmon
w/ 1 T light mayo and 1 T spicy mustard
1 C raw tomatoes
1T ff French dressing

Dinner will be 7oz chicken breast
1 apple
1C Lima beans

Am going out for frozen yogurt w the group home tonight, so that'll be my snack.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 280.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Rachel,

Yep I guess it's the beans. 2 cans of rinsed drained black beans went into a soup recipe yielding 10 servings. I didn't look at the carbs until AFTER I had eaten it. 71 grams of Carbs means 5 diabetic exchanges and I am only allowed 130 grams or 8 per day. Too much all at once.

I WALKED even with the pain. Only 21 min. only .9 miles but still!

And I am only doing this well because of you all. Your encouragement and the ability to feel connected through this site is making all the difference to me.
CW 221.6 SW 229 GW 130

mardee responded:
Good afternoon all!! Oh, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Breakfast
  • String Chesse
  • Banana and apple protient shake
Lunch
  • Baby sniach with Rassberry vinager
  • Greek Yogurt
Dinner
  • Roast beef and Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettace and mustard with a tiny bit of mayo
  • Just a handfull of chips

STILL NO SCALE!! ERRRG
That is fine, i am goingt o my dads this afternoon and he has a scale. I am super scared to step on it, but we will see what happens. I am crossing my fingers

Tonight my husband and i are going to go dancing at a local club. I have no idea how many calories that burns, but i do know that i sweat like no other and my legs and tummy always hurt the next day, so i imagine it is a good work out.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK END EVERYONE!! =D
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

mardee replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon,

Do you do any stretches or any thing for your back??
What does your pain management involve??
If there is one thing i know about.... IT IS PAIN MANAGEMENT. LOL

I have been through plenty of surgaries and my husband has broke his back twice (he is only 23!!). He just works to hard for his own good.

And niether of us take narcotics for our pain, it is all managed though streches, topical creams and herbal medications.

Please let me know if i can help =D
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon,
Now you have to recalculate. You haven't just lost a total of 43.5lbs in 10 years.
From my standpoint, you've lost 13.4 lbs in 105 days.
Calculated from this , reaching your goal should take about 2.5 years. NOT 20.
How many "diets" have you tried, up until finding your path to THIS journey?
Law of averages suggests that you are going to succeed at one of them. Why not THIS one?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust responded:
Hi!
New weight today 206.2
Morning walk 3 miles

Been having a setback in my foot pain. PT says we can keep working on it, so I am not to be discouraged. Still, I am finding it challenging not to get in a negative rut. Feeing behind the 8 ball in my health with this, sleep apnea, hypothyroidism, excess pounds.

breakfast
half cup corn flakes, half cup fiber cereal
cup skim milk
5 walnut halves, 3 medium strawberries
coffee

lunch
3 oz salmon
serving lays bbq chips, one of my faves
5 cherries, slices of mango
cup skim milk

dinner
3 oz pork chop
1/4 cup peas
1 cup spinach
1 carrot
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
Yup Dinner was the 4.9oz chicken on sale 1Cspinach 1/3 C brown rice with mushrooms and side salad

later was 2 C green tea with lemon

an apple 7 oz

1C cherries

5 C air poppedpopcorn

1/3 C ff greek yogurt

3oz raspberries

1/3 C blueberries

1/2 T honey

4 almonds

1/2 slice banana bread

2oz pistachionuts

just over 1500 cals did shop and take a walk an hour each did not get the circuit training in did laundry and other household chores
lots of water too will do the weight lifting moves tomorrow for sure/
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Food looks good, Judy!

After dinner snack 2 cups spinach Serving of BBQ chips

PT says we can work on my foot pain.

Good night, see you all tomorrow!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Due to post walk arm pain, I didn't eat as I had planned

Lunch was
3 oz of chic breast
PM snack
11 almonds
med.orange
Dinner:
3 oz. chick breast
3 taco bell crunchy tacos
Late night snack
3 oz roast beef
2 slices whole wheat multi grain bread
CW 220.8 SW 229 GW 130

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Keep eating well Laura. Getting healthier and losing weight helps with sleep apnea too. I'm sure you knew that. And obviously the foot pain and the stress on other joints and your back will decrease as direct results of your ongoing regimn.

Hope you feel better. Chin up little girl. You are still doing great.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, you did really well with this day's food intake . Be proud, girl! The best changes are the little ones that you can live with. They all add up.

huggs
k

It's your weight ONLY NOW, in this present moment. Step on the scale, OWN IT , and determine to show progress this time and the NEXT time on the scale.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melanie and I am in college. Since I was young I was obese. I first realized I was overweight in 4th grade when the school nurse weighed me...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.