then 2 C green tea

cherries

the yogurt and berry thing I make
maybe air popped popcorn again
some nuts
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Good morning Everyone! It's a new day. It may not be sunny, but it's a chance to start again with renewed resolve. I have stagnated for a while and been content to take rest. My weight has seemed to stabilize at 204.6 for many many weeks and it is ridiculous that I can't find the will to kick myself over the 200 line. I have somebody above to help me now and I really want to find the strength to do this. I've gotten sloppy with my food. I've had way too much of the good things that I taught myself to eat this year and I need to pay attention to portion control and do whatever exercise I can. I know this sounds like " the same old song but with a different beat since you've been gone", but bear with me and I'll get there.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

SharonNVirginia responded:
Judy, Kathy! Good morning!

I am at a new low weight 220.8. This despite eating unwisely last night. I have been in greater pain than usual the past two days because of my right arm. 5 years ago, I had a right mastectomy and lymphectomy. The doctors warned me to take special care of my right arm: no sunburn, no blood pressure cuffs, no blood drawn or IVs. And I was to call a doctor if it ever began to swell up. I have done all that. But recently it has begun a general aching. It is larger around than the left arm, but the skin is not taut. I am conscious of the pain in bed and it wakes me during the night. I am due a visit with my oncologist on July 2 and plan on reviewing all this. But walking yesterday and the day before put it in overdrive. I came home from the walk yesterday and spent the rest of the day in bed just so my arm wouldn't be hanging from my shoulder. So read my food entries and exercize entries with this in mind.

.5 C. oatmeal
1 C. raspberries
.5 t cinnamon

walked 31 min. burned 143 calories.
CW 221.6 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,

Do it for Chris. Would setting up your next day's menu the night before help? I find that if I don't have to THINK about what to eat I can avoid temptation. So I set up my menu while still full right after dinner.

Think: what would Spock do?

Giggles,
Sharon
CW 221.6 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Good for you Sharon. wow, I want to be like that, "a new low weight" Yes!
Kathy, yes, we need to, both of us, get a move on and start lowering our stats. Kim will be starting our challenge pretty soon and we want to be ready for it. Right?

I weighed this morning - up to 189. But I think it won't be that for long.
For breakfast I have 22 cherries and a cup of joe.
Hoping to eat better and drink more water.

San Diego, please, don't move there. The humidity about killed me. I should weigh 150 the way I perspired (sweated). It was awful. Glad to be home with no humidity. (well, very little). Had a super great time with my grandson.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon do you belong to a cancer survivor group there is on called pinkie express on face book it used to be a group On web md that migrated to facebook some of the members may have some solution to your arm problems ..

great job on the lower weight I got a little side tracked with reading about your pain ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Another new weight Weight 205.6

Breakfast 2eggs Slice thin whole wheat toast Tsp grape jam Cup skim milk Coffee 2 bacon

Snack 1 grapefruit Cup spinach Cup Strawberry, skim milk, Greek yogurt, protein smoothie

Lunch Slice thin whole wheat bread Half can tuna Serving BBQ chips, they are almost gone Half cup mint chip ice cream Carrot Quarter cup 2% milk
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Aw, Jeez, I wish I'd have read this before I posted that funny about your walk yesterday under Fri foods/exercise. sigh.... open mouth insert foot... I suffer from terminal "hoof in mouth" A LOT. sorry

I didn't realize you were a cancer survivor also. I hadn't read that before on you, or missed its prior posting.... So sorry that you had to go through that. Judy too and anyone else out there. You are more inspirational because of your will to live and your will to fight than most of us could ever aspire to be.

many huggs and hopes your way

k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, you are suffering anxiety about "going over the edge". I had this too. SO close to the 200 mark and then ONE-DERLAND! yet something holds you back. I had a plateau almost exactly like yours last May. After losing the first 50 it just SAT there. This is what I ended up doing...

I found that there are certain "grooves" that my weight settles into. From looking back, I have found that these wear spots in my weight are almost exactly where my weight had settled for at least a year's time over my life.

Like 252 was for 3 years, 230(my first plateau) I'd had been at for about 5 years, 206-203 I weighed this for about 2 years..... and so on. The longer my weight was at that point, the harder to push through the groove.

Add in some cardio.... it doesn't have to be too much. Try that video for the 4 min tabata and then the seated Zumba over and above what other stuff you do on a daily basis.

Don't cut calories, just add some serious cardio.

That 4 min tabata will certainly help if you do it daily and it might just be the ticket off your plateau.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
I think I wanna move to Colorado to be near you , Aus. I'm sick and tired of this humidity here in Louisiana. You can hardly BREATHE through it. I almost think I should be checking if I have gills when I wake up in the morning there's so much water in the air, lol

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Pinkie Express???!!! BAHAHAHHAHA ! sorry..... but jeez... if THAT doesn't sound like the PERFECT name for OUR own Pinkie, the way she's losing weight post op.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout responded:
AM weight 178 I'm beginning to hate the 170s...
Today is hot but not quite as humid as it's been. We at least have some breeze.

Breakfast 1 med banana and 1 c Unsweetened vanilla Almond Silk, dutch cocoa coffee.

Lunch 1/2 lg skinless bnls chicken bbq chicken breast, 2 Tblsp bushs baked beans, 1/2 cup sauteed potatoes,peppers and onions.

Dinner will be an Imitation Krab stuffed tomato and 1 sm sliced avocado

PM snack Chai Chia Oatmeal

Exercise today, laundry x2 loads, dishes 15 min, 30 min walk with Holly, 30 min walk with Boog(Bowzer, lol)

huggs
k

jis4judy responded:
yes I did the 1 hour walk this morning then did the weight lifting the last 2 times I did the weights I added another set of each exercise move I am hoping this will be enough ..

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I got that a little wrong it is pinkie and friends Pinkie is a pink bus that we used to board in our imaginations every time we saw the doc or had radiation,, all the members would be on that bus and we would have the imaginary party and pinkie would rock us all home . while I was getting radiation every day summer of 2007 I could comfort myself knowing I had all my pals with me in spirit ...It sure helped at the time..

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
In situations like that, Judy, anything that helps you through is worth it's weight in gold. I wish noone had to go through it, and am sorry for you gals that have.
But then again, some would say that noone knows the extent of their strength of will and determination of spirit without these personal hardships to try them.
You have gone through a trial of fire and come out on the other side.
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

Born in Calif. raised in Alaska, currently living in Florida, I have lived all over. I am a Master Stone Mason, also have computer certifications and ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.