Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Did Barb go someplace?
jis4judy posted:
I am missing Barb
has she taken another road trip or something?
she never mentions arm pain and I believe she had a mastectomy too .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
I wondered about that too, but I think they were planning on the WHOLE month of June... at least that was my take on it.
I'm sending well wishes to them for safe journey wherever they are at this time.
I'd never seen her mention it either, Judy. I know you were on the brst cancer community, this the first you'd heard of any residual pain?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim on the breast cancer board there were a lot of women discussing the arm pain from having the lymph nodes stripped. so maybe one of them could help .
I dodged that part of breast cancer by being very curious about treatments etc and decided not to go through with what my doc at that time wanted a radial mastectomy and lymph nodes stripped . I sought second opinions and got instead a double lumpectomy with a centinal node biopsy
it was all I needed at that time ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Man, that would just suck, you know? How long do they suffer afterward, I wonder.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Also, WHERE'S Debbie?? Did she go on vacation too, did I miss a post somewhere????

hmmmm ...... did she go with BARB??

huggs
k

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Great googly moogly! I miss one day and you send out a search party. LOL! Had a busy day yesterday and never got on here. I've been wondering about Barb too. Hopefully, she'll be back with us soon. I don't think she mentioned how long she'd be gone.

Thanks for missing me, muuuuaaahh!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Ha ha ha, I tell ya, you miss a day and they don't know where your at, they come looking for you. ha ha ha! I love it!!

I had a lumpectomy Judy. They ONLY took the suspisisious lump out. That's been over 35 years ago. I never had radiation or anything else. Just that lump removed.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Ausgram maybe your lump was not cancer most aren;t

Mine were so tiny only 1 centimeter each in same breast
one of them my body had built a case around it to protect me
so I decided that;s all I needed was the double lump removal
I reluctantly agreed to the radiation..
that was spring and summer of 2007

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
I searched for Barbs last post and it was 2 months ago
she has been gone too long making me nervous ...

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh my, Judy, I didn't realize that she's been gone so long. Hey Barb, where are you??? We are truly missing you and hoping that all is well with you.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
Here's her last post and dated 2 months ago.
She expected to be gone at least one month. I've been thinking of her too. Here's to hoping they are having a good time wherever they are!
Laura

2 months ago Will be MIA............. Geting ready for travel time for at least a month. Busy packing and planning. Not sure what DH has planned for us, yet!

Keep going on your healthy journeys!

BarbView Thread Posted byjean4u
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Well, gosh, Debbie, you're always HERE! How could I NOT miss you?
Well, if you were busy.... I suppose that's a viable reason.... maybe...

Sounds like you had a good day though, and you got some super great goodies, grats!

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I wish she'd have at least had SOME idea as to where they were going.... but you're right. Two months is too long.

Here we are , all missing the crap outta her and she'll prolly return with windblown hair and rosy cheeks and a youthful grin, to tell us she fell off the back of the bike somewhere between Italy and France and found her way to a flower festooned cottage in a meadow of wildflowers, only to find that noone was home. So she fell asleep and when she awoke , either three bears or 7 dwarfs held her hostage until she taught them "the ways of the JOURNEY"...... lol

Barb, if you're reading this , step on in and take over the story any time , sweetheart!!

huggs
k

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim. it gives me the warm fuzzies to be missed. I try not to miss very often. Talking to you gals is like visiting with good neighbors!

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
The "warm fuzzies??!" You didn't swallow a HAIRBALL did you Debbie?? jeez, how many times have I told you, You simply MUST brush at least twice a week in this heat!!

Of course I missed you. silly girl!
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been bigger than other girls. I was an 8 pound baby and my weight never stopped increasing. I think genetics are partially to blame bu...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.