Skip to content
I'm back
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I've been busy exercising. I started biking2-6 miles a day. I feel like I'm going someplace. When I walk I feel like I'm never going to get anyplace. Monday July 1st. I',m going to sign up at the YMCA and start swimming. I'm going to sign up for some classes. I live 1/2 hour away and my husband doesn't like all the travel I will be doing but I told him I'm doing it for me so I spend a little more gas.

I still can't get them fruits into my diet. But maybe that will come.
BB
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
You sound like you are doing spectacularly, BB! I'm so happy that you are taking a stand for yourself and your journey. If going to the Y is necessary for you to succeed than it's just got to happen.

good for you!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Hi BB!! Great job on the exercise and signing up at the Y! This time of year is so great for fresh fruit. Fresh peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, cherries, etc. - Apples, grapes and oranges used to be the only fruits that I ever ate. I think I've changed my taste buds or something, because now I can't get enough of all different kinds. Keep trying!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jayne you sound so good
It is good you can bike and get the exercise in ..
yes it will cost a little more gas but you will be saving your life by getting healthier by joining the GYM.. congrats on getting into an exercise you can enjoy
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Being healthy is cheaper than being unhealthy BB. Way to go. I wish I had the conviction to act on that fact.

Best wishes to you with the dear hubby for sure!

Hugs,
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

ausgram replied to justmejust's response:
Boy, Laura, you got that 100% right.
We live almost an hour from anything so I give you a hand BB for wanting to go bad enough to travel 30 mins to get to your exercising. Good for you!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

beautifulbuffalo replied to ausgram's response:
I wish I could bike farther but my knees and hips won't handle it. But I'm doing my best and that's why I want to join the Y to swim and take some pain off of my joints. But I'm on a roll so I'll keep at it. Thanks for all the how do you do;'s.
BB

justmejust replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB, I have back, leg, foot issue that I am working through and I miss biking. I used to be a big rider. Rode my bike from Chicago to Washington DC in 14 days once with a club! I started walking little bits, now I look forward to it because I feel better than sitting around. I do have a recumbent bike for the bike trail. I am trying to get back to riding it, but I have some hip and leg and foot symptoms this year on it. I was able to do one mile yesterday, so I know what you mean about boring walking or a low mileage ride. Try to think of it as progress. I know it is a step backward, but I listen to my body now and I hope to improve with time!
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u responded:
Great job BB!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mardee responded:
That is awesome BB, way to go!!
I wish i had that kind of determination. But gyms are not the place for me, they scare the crap out of me....

Have you tried smoothies or a juicer?? That is the ONLY way i can get my husband to eat any sort of fruits or veggies.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Boy, I'll tell you Jayne. I joined the gym today, finally. Ours has those floaty Noodles that kids use to beat eachother up with, and they have the styrofoam barbells that I love.
Both of these are what I used in the arthritis maintenance pool class I took some years ago, so I remembered a lot of the exercises.
I had a GREAT time "lifting weights" and doing my Bicycle riding with the noodle under my arm pits.. all in the pool.
SOOOOO much easier on the old hips and knees. If I did nothing else at the gym but that every day, I'd feel that I've gotten my money's worth.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia responded:
BB,

Go for it! Biking is great in summer you can get more of a breeze. Sign up for the Y. You deserve an indulgence as your reward.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

beautifulbuffalo replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Well I did it I signed up for the Y today. I start tomorrow swimming. I'm excited. I didn't like the cost but I bit my lip and said to myself that it's for the good of me. To get me moving and healthy. Even though my husband still thinks I could have swam in the lake for free.
BB

ausgram replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
ha ha ha, What do husbands know. Swimming in the lake is not like a pool at the Y. Are they going to give you instructions or lessons at the Y or you just going to swim and get your exercise that way? Good for you BB.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

beautifulbuffalo replied to ausgram's response:
Right now I'm just swimming laps and walking the pool. I would like to get into some classes soon though.

I started swiming today and it was delightful. Made me feel good about myself. Even jumped into the jaccuzzi afterwards. I swam for 1 hour.
BB

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello - My name is Angel - and I have four children (as you can probably tell by my user name!) I am a part-time pediatric/pregnancy dietitian and a f...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.