breakfast :

1/2 C fat free milk

1/2 C old fashioned oats

2 1/2 oz raspberries

1/3 T honey

sprinkle cinnamon

1/3 T natural peanut butter

1 C black coffee

something a tad different today Hubby didn' feel like breakfast so I made the oatmeal for me that's a first

will be walking at least 1 hour today and maybe coloring my hair LOL

who is next hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
I forgot the 2.6 Oz orange
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Good morning!

breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in 1/2 pat butter, 1 medium peach

Was out and about all day yesterday didn't get a chance to check in. Got basket of fresh peaches, tomatoes and corn at the farmer's market yesterday. Lots to do around house today! Ran 3 yesterday. Housework, weights and crunches will be exercise today.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Kinda hard for me to post this early, but here goes.
weigh-in at 189 still.
Brkfst - one apple and cup of joe.
I'll be doing a lot of walking today cause we are going to my grandsons church to be with him. Woooohoooo! My son and his family have been going to this church called Elevation. ha. Its suppose to be really modern. My daughter said for me to bring my ear plugs cause its loud. Gulp. My son and his family love the church. They started out with 6 people 2 years ago and are now running over 400 people. So it is attracting lots of young people. I'm anxious to see it.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, if you color your hair, I want a pic of the new you, lol
I'm getting ready to do mine again too, but mine always turns out the same color. If I use blonde, brunette or black, it still turns some sort of auburn. My natural red highlights always trump store bought.

I think I maybe did too much yesterday. Lower humidity and dew point and slight breeze made our 91 feel more like 84 which was wonderful.... so out I went... I even (gasp!) JOGGED a little off and on on my walk with Holly. Not long stretches to be sure and more of a shuffle jog because I can't take long strides, but it was still faster paced than the usual.
Either I overdid it there or , since it was later in the afternoon with Holly instead of morning, then I backed it up with a walk with Bowzer within 2 hours... I think I didn't give myself enough downtime.

Anyway, my back is aching, so today may be a mandatory slow stretch and Wii day.

AM weight 177.4
Breakfast
spinach/egg dish with sauteed mushrooms added

Lunch
(1) 5" pancake w/ sugar free syrup and 1/2 sliced banana
1/2 piece thick cut bacon
1/2 c Chai Chia Oatmeal

PM snack
sm handful of whole natural almonds
2 Tblsp Coconut flakes
2 cups unbuttered popcorn(movie today)
2 Tblsp blueberry craisins

Dinner
Tuna Salad stuffed Tomato
1 Sm sliced avocado w/ lime juice

have a happy Sunday, guys!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
well Kim I use the same stuff every time so there won't be any new me LOl
and funny thing about the red I use a blonde color and even with my hair being almost white underneath it still adds some reddish coloring . no matter what ..
It is time to color because my roots are showing too much ..
I am thinking of letting the white hair grow in soon maybe in 5 years I will decide then
when I got a ID from the town to carry mace or pepper spray they called my hair strawberry blonde

SharonNVirginia responded:
I have picked up something from Dr. Peeke's blog. One of her successful patients says that she is not losing weight because "losing" implies that it's something she would like to find. She says she is "releasing" weight and that it will float away from her and be gone. I have decided I am "discarding" weight because I'm sick of it and don't want to look at it any more.

So... I have a new low weight of 220. Discarding weight has made me happier. I feel better internally. I feel more confident and hopeful. I feel like I am being a better servant to God because I am taking better care of the earthly body he has given me.

breakfast
steel cut oatmeal and blueberries
large unsweetened iced tea
strawberry
5 grape tomatoes
8 little snacking carrots.

Lunch
pork chop
CW 220.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I use the term strawberry blonde too, but it always reminds me of those old "old lady" rinses , Pink Mink and that funky lavender color one, Silver Fox, lol.
But way back when, those were the only two to cover gray hair, unlike today where you have 30-50 shades to choose from.
With the color you use, you could wear it indefinitely. It doesn't clash with your coloring because it's a soft shade. I really don't like when women "of a certain age" insist on dying their hair the super dark shades of their youth. Older skin tones just CANNOT handle black, dark chestnut, dark reds or vibrant sunshine yellow blondes.

Especially since the hair is usually thinner too, so their scalps are dyed the same color as their hair. lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Dinner was

3.5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast

3.4 oz red potato steamed

1.5 C steamed zucchini

side sala d with 1/5 avocado 1 cup raw spinach 1 Cup mixed greens 1 small tomato 1 thin slice red onion 1/4 Bell pepper red 3slices cuke 1 hot Italian pepper 1 T each robust dressing and red wine vinegar
I did take the walk and did color my hair after I weeded the garden doing laundry right now
I also had a nectarine mid morning

will have Cherries green tea 2 C
maybe popcorn later and some nuts and my yogurt and berry treat with honey

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes Kim I used to hate the blue hair look older women used to wear also when I was young my hair was very blonde this is a medium shade I use a tad darker than my youth but still in the blonde area,,,the shade I use has been discontinued I have been ordering it from Amazon because Clairol stopped making it last year so I am getting the leftovers till they are gone ..

abnersmom replied to abnersmom's response:
Lunch: 5 chicken wings from Kroger deli and an apple

Dinner will be: Fresh corn on cob, squash, zucchini, onions and tomatoes sliced and baked with olive oil and a little garlic and parmesan, side salad.

Cleaned out closet, grocery shopped for me and my sister, cleaned house, changed sheets, doing laundry and may iron if I can make myself. Absolutely hate to iron.

Gonna go turn on TV and put my feet up for a while. Short work week ahead. Woohoo!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
Good afternoon, just got back from botanic gardens with my family. Well, except for one son who is on a road trip to New York City with some friends.

Weight is up today, 207. That's no surprise since I was eating bbq chips.

Today's food:

Breakfast
hb egg
serving oatmeal, half banana, small hand full blueberries, 1/4 cup 2% milk
cup coffee

Lunch
Pork steak
potatoes
egg
small margarita

We ate out after walking a few miles, and a couple hours, through the garden. The gardens were beautiful today. There has been much rain here this year. Was a beautiful day, overcast, low humidity and mid 70's! Was nice to share it with family. Though the teens were a little hard on me about talking loud at the restaurant, and picked on comments I made. Par for the course, but wrong course. I stood up for myself a little more than usual yet maintained compassion too. I've gone wrong somewhere!!! : - O Oh no! ;-/

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

ausgram replied to justmejust's response:
Oh Laura, your like me when it comes to chips. I told Carl when Kim starts the challenge, NO MORE CHIP, NACHOS or CHEETOS. I mean it. I'm going to take this challenge as a discipline.
We ate lunch at one of my favorite BBQ places, boo hoo. Right now, I'm in misery. I ate almost all of it. I didn't do what I said I was going to do and that is take half of it home. I ATE THE WHOLE THING! My stomach hurts, I feel like throwing up and I'm so dog gone sleepy I can barely hold my head up. Grrrrr! I hope I remember this feeling next time we go out to eat. I am totally miserable, physically.

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I loved the blue/lavender hair on old ladies. I don't die my hair. I'm to lazy and I think its a big mess to do plus its expensive if you have to have it done. So if I turn white headed, so be it. ha ha! My dad never turned white headed so I probably won't. My oldest sister and my baby brother are salt and pepper haired, like my mother was. They had almost black hair so they are salt and pepper now. Me and my youngest sister are like my dad. I do have a lot of whites in my hair but you don't see them unless you look close. So don't look close!! ha ha

justmejust replied to ausgram's response:
Aus and all, I used the wash out non permanent hair color in light brown once or twice. The second and third time my scalp burned like crazy. They gave me a permanent itch that is diagnosed as dandruff ever since. When I try to non permanent color now my scalp just burns in pain. It bums me out because the color was so much like my own. I look older than I like to look with the grey patches at my temples. : ( Plus I sure wish I could get rid of the itch, it is always itchy ever since. Oh, and all shampoos burn and cause pain to my scalp now too.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello family, I am a 49 a perosn who can't control of eating, exspiecally when I"m depress. I have been going through some problems in the la...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.