Skip to content
Food and Exercise Monday July1
jis4judy posted:
Good morning .
last night the hungry horrors visited me and I caved

I did not weigh in this morning
I know I over ate It was that banana bread I made I stopped logging after that I believe it was some place around 1900 cals when I finished

well next time I am tossing out the over rip bananas

today will be better

Breakfast :

1/2 C bran flakes

1/3 C kashi heart to heart

3.5 oz strawberries

1/2 C ff milk

2.9 oz orange

1 black coffee

this day will be better than yesterday
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Weight today
208.4 no surprise after that big lunch yesterday. Plus had a mini ice cream out with family and a serv. chips. Not sure why the chips...Much over calories yesterday.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

SharonNVirginia responded:
mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Weight 220.6

.5 c. rolled oats
.5 c. chopped apple
.5 t. cinnamon

Judy and Laura, there are certain things I just can't resist. But the list is getting shorter is yours? Judy, what about Kim's idea of freezing things? Could you have had just a taste of banana bread and stopped there? Laura, is your family sabotaging you? My family would not suggest taking me along for an ice cream treat. My husband protected me from Richard's birthday cake by giving me less that 1/4 cup which I made last as long as other people's full slices. If other people are tempting us, we should ask them "Do you want me to stay fat? Do you want me to develop avoidable medical conditions and die prematurely?" The other option is that you are using your family as an excuse. Maybe you're not ready to be slimmer. Is that scary in some way? Having to try on new clothes in front of a mirror? Not having an excuse to avoid certain things (a family hike or camp out). Laura, your posting read to me like someone who doesn't WANT to succeed. I say that in all love. Cause I want you to. I want to read that you have competed in a 5 K and that you have kicked the pancake heroin habit. I want to see you get to ONE-derland and read trhat people you know have said "I didn't recognize you, what have you done?" I want to read that you have bought new beautiful clothes and gone dancing with your husband. That you've gone to the beach and worn a swimsuit without shame.

Judy has changed her life. Do you think she just ate larger portions of what she is eating now before she lost 100 pounds. NO! She says there are certain things she can't have in the house. You are clinging to your eating habits like a security blanket. Embrace the change. We have a condition which restricts what we can eat. Other people can eat junk with no apparent harm, but we are "allergic" to sugar, white flour, white rice, starch and fat. Why not make a wholesale change and cut that stuff out or to a minimum. Face the fact: you are going to have to eat differently, more disciplinedly for your whole life than the Skinnie Minnies.

Here. I award you an inflatable baseball bat to whack 'em over the head when they tempt you.

Love and rants,
Sharon the Cocker Spaniel Bed
CW 220.8 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram responded:
Goooood Morning all you beautiful people!!

Weighed this morning at 1 down. YES! 188 now. I'm really surprised after that bad episode I had at my favorite restaurant.

Breakfast this am is 20 cherries instead of 22. hee hee

Here Kim, Judy Laura, Sharon Debbie and Kali and Kathy, hey where has she been? Kathy?? Where are you??
Anyway, this is for my friends.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

it's my turn to confess to hair dying.

My whole life I have had redhead skin. My hair has darkened continuously from a honey blonde to now darkest brown. When I don't dye my hair lighter, I look sick. So I use permanent light red brown. People who have known me all my life are now convinced I have always had red hair. My mom who was always of the opinion that women who dyed their hair were of lower moral character loves it and approves of it. She says it looks more natural than my natural color. At age 59, I have gray sprinkles right at the top of my head no concentration of grays.

Smoochie!
Sharon
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, you, me and Laura.... gack! well at least yesterday is gone and today is a NEW DAY!
I'm up too. 179.1
MY big confession... I made a yellow cake with coconut pecan frosting yesterday.... and ate two 3x3x3 pieces.
Although I walked twice yesterday, it must've not been enough. Plans today....DO BETTER AND AVOID THAT LEFTOVER CAKE LIKE THE PLAGUE IT IS

AM walk with Holly , 1 mile plus 30 railing pushups
dutch cocoa coffee plus 32 oz water

Breakfast 1/2 c Chai Chia oatmeal and 1 monkey salad

Lunch 1 french vanilla Zoic protein shake

PM exercise, gym workout 40-60 min various machines and 40 min arthritis exercises in pool

PM Snack 1 hard boiled egg and 1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedge

Dinner 3 homemade Baked eggrolls w/hot mustard and 1/4 c rice

8 PM walk with Bowzer
Snack 1 c fruit salad

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Congrats on your 1lb loss Aus!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
AM weight: 149

Breakfast: 1/2 C oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, 1tbsp. skim milk and black coffee.

Lunch: Not sure yet boss is taking us to lunch somewhere

Dinner: Leftover squash, tomato, onion concoction (delish by the way) and chicken most likely.

Exercise today will be 3.5 mile run.

I did do my weights and crunches yesterday after vegging out on the couch for a bit.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
took my walk today after the fridg guy came to fix my ice maker
todays dinner will be Boneless skinless chicken breast corn on cob broccoli and cauliflower side salad
that's the plan
My walk was 55 minutes I subtracted 10 cause I stopped to talk to a neighbor...
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon I did freeze the larger banana bread and it will stay frozen till I get company ..
these things happen to me every now and again as long as I get back on track right away it usually is OK I worry when it happens 2 or 3 days in a row that's a disaster..
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon I am going to pretend you wrote that to me. Thanks.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie, I'm here. Just lurking. Still really sad. It just takes time. No pity party because I'll be ready for Friday. Xxxxxxx for thinking of me Aussie
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

Hi all,

Whoa, that was a heckuva rant I wrote earlier. It'll do me good to re-read too. Today, I wanted to have the truck so I could run errands so I just got back from dropping John at work and multiple stops. I was really tempted to do something unhealthy and stop for french fries, but I resisted. I picked up a grilled chicken and tossed salad and unsweetened iced tea.

One of my errands was Costco. My market basket was mute testimony to how far I have already come. Here it is:

mixed salad greens
red peppers
celery
walnuts
whole grain bread
cucumbers
blackberries
blueberries
chicken meatballs.

Wow. It used to be chocolate "muffins" hamburger and hot dog rolls, ground beef , coca cola, tortilla chips, bacon and frozen pizza, oreos and potato chips. Wow again.

I have been hungry today. I know that is the result of the restaurant salad dressing last night. By tomorrow I'll be better.

Smoochie!
Sharon

Kathy, I am keeping you in my heart.
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130

mardee responded:
This morning I had an unexpected 2 mile walk in the 90 degree heat I thought I was going to get heat stroke before I made it all of the way home!!
My car broke down and had to walk home to get my other vehicle. On the plus side, I got my exercise for the day!!
Over the weekend I went dancing, and walked at least 5 miles all together.
Breakfast
Eggs white and sausage burrito
Lunch
Rice with salsa
Dinner
Simple tacos (but I am going to portion myself to only what I NEED to eat rather than 1-2 extras)
Once again, still no scale. But i have dropped a pant size!!! I was so happy to be trying on pants and all of the size 16 pants being to BIG!!!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

SharonNVirginia replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kimmie!

I could not have resisted a cake I baked either. Did you have to bake it? My exercize ap converts the calories I have burned to food items. My 30 min. walks burn 4 carrots. I suspect I would have to walk for 48 HOURS to burn a piece of cake.

These Protein shakes you drink intrigue me strangely. How long after you have one until you have hunger pangs?

The crunching and chewing of eating is part of my satisfaction process. I need that and fiber to turn off my hunger switch.
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Cassie. I am 21 years old. I need to lose around 80 lbs. I am getting married May 28th 2011 next year! I really would like to lose weight b...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.