Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food, fitness and Fourth of July
abnersmom posted:
Happy 4th of July to you all! Hope the weather where you are is more conducive to cookouts than here.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 whole wheat toast, black coffee

Am going to try to get a run in between the storms. May go to oldest sister's for cookout this afternoon if my other sister is feeling well enough to go. Will be splurging a bit today on food if I do.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Happy 4th to everyone from me too today is hubbys birthday so we get to do what he wants good thing too he wanted boiled eggs and toast for breakfast today

I had 2 soft boiled eggs on pumpernickel bread toasted and a couple of orange sections black coffee

Dinner plans no cookout here as well

Boneless skinless chicken breast asparagus steamed
and boiled sweet potato with a side salad with the usual ingredients ..

later I will have some cherries green tea some nuts maybe popcorn air popped..
might skip the yogurt again and have a s'more or 2
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Happy Independence Day!

Fortunately our weather here will be conductive to cookouts and fireworks. I'm hoping that you guys' turns out better than it sounds like this AM.

Gym is closed today and I am in a near panic. Whatever I've been doing there, combined with the usual walks seems to be doing the trick. So today, I flounder for some other sort of activity.
I'd love to go to the beach but it was so crowded last year that that is a moot point. There wasn't a free picnic table anywhere and trying to find a spot for even a small towel was nothing short of an heroic endeavor.
So , since everyone's off work today, here, and all plan a lazy day of "gaming" (all but me that is, lol), I'll probably fire up the Push mower and do that for part of my exercise. Yes, in a household with 3 adult males, I do the mowing. It's part of my workout regimen and they know to leave it alone till I get around to it, lol.

Cookout later this afternoon, then, about 6pm we all troupe out to Michael's boss's to his picnic/fireworks/boozefest.

I'm a little troubled by this too, since it's basicly centered in the food tent till the end of the party when they set off the fireworks. Not much sitting, but A LOT of "table grazing" opportunity. Since I don't often put myself into smorgasboard situations, I'm anticipating a MAJOR CHALLENGE of wills tonight between me and my inner child.

I have something to protect here, though, so I'm getting kinda worked up about it......
New low weight this AM.... 174.4 ....I'm happy about this but scared spitless that I'll mess it up.
I've not been below 175 in many many MANY years.

Breakfast
Dutch cocoa coffee plus 32 oz water
1/2 C Chai Chia Oatmeal
1 med banana
2 Tblsp almond slivers

Lunch
3oz Turkey Veggie Patty, warmed on the grill since it's a leftover
Grilled sweetcorn
Grilled Sweet potato
sliced tomato
watermelon chunks

Dinner
I'm seriously debating deboning a couple of chicken thighs here and grilling them with some bbq sauce. Taking those and the other half of my sw potato and some melon on a small plate to the party and just avoiding the "trough" tent altogether.

I'll let you know what transpires

huggs and have a great 4th
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

ausgram responded:
weigh-in 188, up a pound
brkfst - 16 cherries, cup of joe

I won't be on today. My best friend just died. Its a shock and I am so sorely grieved.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

justmejust replied to ausgram's response:
AusGram, I am so sorry for your loss of your best friend. My prayers are with you today.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim! You have some good plans for the food avoidance today. If the drive isn't that far, you could consider eating that chicken dinner you are making for yourself before you go. Then you can focus on conversing and you won't be hungry so less tempted.

Just a thought even though might not work for your situation. Good luck today!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust responded:
Weigh in 207.2
Morning walk 1.5 mile

Breakfast
100 cal. ww toast
1/4 tsp butter
1/2 tsp grape jam
cup coffee, 1/4 cup skim milk
half grapefruit

Lunch
2 2.5 inch ww pancakes
2 bacon
3/4 cup skim milk

Perfect day for fireworks tonight! 84 and blue sky! Happy 4th of July everyone!

Laura
Laura

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Snack Half cup dark cherry ice cream 1 T lite whip creme Belgian ale
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Thoughts, prayers and extra love to you Aus. Sorry for your loss.

Many tender huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Snack Blueberry banana Greek yogurt protein smoothie.
Laura

SharonNVirginia responded:
Aus,
I am so sorry about your loss. A friend is not just a presence in our lives but part of our history. Remember that we are not to mourn as those who have no hope even though your heart is broken. I pray the Lord will comfort you and all who mourn for your friend.

Kim et al. - It sounds like folks have made plans for coping with the holiday in advance. How wise that is. My family is on board for helping me to resist temptation during that long interval while we wait for the fireworks.

Breakfast:
2 McD sausage burritos without the tortilla

med orange

sloppy joe without the bun
greek salad with grilled chicken breast

fresh peach

12 walnut halves

Popeyes spicy chicken breast
fresh raw veggies
6 onion rings
fresh peach.
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Oh Ausgram, I feel your sorrow. I'm still grieving the loss of my cousin and dearest friend last week. So so sorry that you are experiencing this too.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Snack 3 cups garden salad

Dinner Bratwurst Half bun 1/4 cup Pork n beans 1/4 cup berries 1/4 cup broccoli salad T potato salad

Dessert Half cupcake cheesecake Iced Cupcake with coffee inside?

Late Snack Bratwurst Half bun
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well, all in all, I don't think I did too badly.
Although my menu for the 4th was basically blown out of the water from breakfast on...
Lunch was LATE, lol
Not only did Michael sleep in till almost 2PM(!) but he also forgot to mention that we still needed charcoal(WTH??!!)
OKAYYYYYYY. So we went to get that and a few other "necessities" and eventually started grilling. We didn't actually sit down to lunch, untillllll...... DINNER !
Yep. We finished "lunch" an hour before we were supposed to leave for the "dinner" cookout and fireworks party..... so.

Dinner/LUNCH was 2 bbq thighs with skins removed. (1) 3 oz hamburger patty, no bun, no condiments, it didn't need any....
2 handfulls of bbq chips , 3/4 of an ear of corn and a bunch of watermelon chunks.

At the party, I drank 2 seagrams breeze wine coolers and 3 bottles of water.... had 1 braised chicken thigh (skin removed) and 2 Tblsp of potato salad....
Thats it for the day. DUNZO!

i hope everyone had a great 4th.
Aus, sweety, still thinking about you and hoping that you're doing as well as possible at this rough time.

huggs
k

abnersmom responded:
Well, I totally blew it yesterday. I ate about a billion calories, let's see 1,000 plus 2,000 plus....yep about a billion. No exercise poured rain all day. Flash flooding, etc.

Today will be better!! I haven't eaten still so miserable from yesterday. Ran 4 miles this morning!!!! That is my first 4 consecutive miles running. Maybe that burned off one of those pieces of fried chicken!!!

Stay strong all you challengers!!!!

Aus, so sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking and praying for you.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been "chubby." And I have spent majority of my adolescence trying to be skinny and failing. The lowest Ive been is 157. I no...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.